Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw

If we don't, then we are well and truly knackered. Relying on Martial and Rashford is simply not good enough, because they are not good enough to be the main strikers at our club; we need a world class striker.
I doubt we'll be getting a world class striker and honestly we don't need one just yet. It'd obviously help but there are bigger issues in the squad that requires more investment. An older, experienced striker who can share the load is likely what we'll get. There are simply very little world class strikers available, and even then they'll cost a fortune.

If by 2020/21 Rashford/Martial still can't handle being the main strikers then we'll probably bring in someone more dependable, assuming the rest of our squad is settled and we just need a few extra tweaks to start challenging for the big trophies.

Adarsh CU

Given our Ed's transfer window abilities, we should sign our replacements before we sell otherwise we would be milked for every penny or will leave it too late.

Infestissumam

Given our Ed's transfer window abilities, we should sign our replacements before we sell otherwise we would be milked for every penny or will leave it too late.
that's why I hoped we'd steal Haller. Quality striker and would have cost less than 50m, I'm really skeptical we'll find a sensible replacement at good cost after selling Lukaku. I doubt Dembele will even be available and I have my doubts about Ben Yedder. Who knows, we might actually have other targets ... but given how long we've apparently pursued Maguire, Longstaff and Fernandes already, fears of running out of time are understandable.

Patrick08

Yeah maybe it's like Palace wanted 70 million for AWB. Won't be surprised if he sold for around 70 million.
A full back and a main striker are dealt with differently. AWB was a 21 year old with one full season in epl, Lukaku has already scored 100 goals in Epl and scores good amount of goals when service is proper.

yamo123x

For the record i despise Conte, he is an arrogant,attention seeking Anti Utd pr1ck, I hope someone outbids Inter, id love that.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
For the record i despise Conte, he is an arrogant,attention seeking Anti Utd pr1ck, I hope someone outbids Inter, id love that.
If we want to harm him, isn't selling Lukaku to them for £80 mill the perfect way?

joedirt87

It's a one team race to sign Lukaku. No one has shown an legit interest besides them.

redMundo

We overpaid.

Take the relatively small loss for the good of the club in the long term and free up the squad place and wages.

Would rather give Greenwood his minutes to give him a real chance.

We seem to be the only big club who persists with bad decisions to try and prove a point.

If something doesn’t work out it’s better to cut your losses than causing more damage by trying to force it.

Chelsea got it right with Morata.....took a gamble, didn’t work out, cut your losses and move on to the next chance of success.

hobbers

We really have to be selling him at this point. As losses go it's much more palatable than the Di Maria loss.

poleglass red

We overpaid.

Take the relatively small loss for the good of the club in the long term and free up the squad place and wages.

Would rather give Greenwood his minutes to give him a real chance.

We seem to be the only big club who persists with bad decisions to try and prove a point.

If something doesn’t work out it’s better to cut your losses than causing more damage by trying to force it.

Chelsea got it right with Morata.....took a gamble, didn’t work out, cut your losses and move on to the next chance of success.
yup agree with that. We did it with Di Maria, sold him for a loss to get rid.
We seem to have under Jose some sort of fascination taking players seemingly destined for our rivals. Lukaku was heading to Chelsea and Sanchez to City. We overpaid for both, in Sanchez 's case wages wise.
Lukaku's not a bad player but he needs to play in a specific team. We are looking to play a more fluid front line that presses and he doesn't fit into that.

redMundo

yup agree with that. We did it with Di Maria, sold him for a loss to get rid.
We seem to have under Jose some sort of fascination taking players seemingly destined for our rivals. Lukaku was heading to Chelsea and Sanchez to City. We overpaid for both, in Sanchez 's case wages wise.
Lukaku's not a bad player but he needs to play in a specific team. We are looking to play a more fluid front line that presses and he doesn't fit into that.

Yeah I agree, nothing personal against Lukaku. He wasn’t my type of player to begin with but I could definitely see why we went for him. Young(ish), Prem proven and potential to improve.

Think this is my last post allowed today so I’ll just post what I said in the newbies about Rom......

Get rid while we can still get a decent fee. A couple of years down the line his contract will be shorter and his flaws will have been magnified even more.

Decent player in a specific system to suit his attributes and will do well at a club with lower pressure and expectations. When in a purple patch being spoon fed chances he will get goals.

However.......He’s not clinical, his passing is woeful, his touch is horrendous, slow over the first couple of yards, linear movement and worst of all for an absolute brute of a man he can’t win headers or shield the ball to save his life.

I was against his initial signing but got behind the idea that he was young and would improve. I also really really liked his commited attitude but even that seems to have deserted him.

Ciao big man.

AshRK

I am all for taking a loss on Lukaku, 60 to 65m is fine only if they pay that amount now. No point having that divided in 3 year installment.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Conte talks about how Lukaku would be an important player yet Milan are yet to make a serious offer for him if reports are to be believed.

If he’s so good pay up. Simple as.

Nr.7

Well then giving him Lukaku would be your beat wish. Let him watch Romelu every week trying to pull of basic things such as controling the ball.

onemanarmy

Conte talks about how Lukaku would be an important player yet Milan are yet to make a serious offer for him if reports are to be believed.

I'm pretty sure all parties involved have an agreement in place already.

haram

If it was up to Conte, Lukaku would be purchased for 80 mill upfront.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

After hearing Ole's and Conte's interviews it seems to be just a matter of time that Lukaku goes to Inter.

I'm glad he's not going to be playing, less chance of Inter being put off by seeing his first touch up close.

Give Greenwood the number of games Lukaku had last season, he'll score more than the 12 league goals Lukaku managed and will be entertaining to watch.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That is a more than fair price.
Exactly. With his high wages, that is more than fair price. Especially it's a Serie A team that wants him, which is not really blessed with TV money.

Lee565

That is as good as it's going to get for United if they insist wanting to sell lukaku, it's not the full 80 million they want but we cant keep dragging this transfer out otherwise it could harm our season if we leave it to the last minute to get in a legit replacement in attack seeing as we will only do so once lukaku has left and not before hand.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We had to pay about 50 mil. for a twenty one year old right back who isn't even the best in the league and are been told to pay about 90 mil. for Maguire. Inter can feck off with 60 mil., 80 mil. at least or no deal. We ain't mugs and of course Lukaku can continue playing for United.

dev1l

The Lukaku transfer is not only about Lukaku but it has an impact on future dealings
If we look soft it will send a wrong signal to clubs we re dealing with like Leicester.
Not to mention Real...who ll see a Pogba deal more attainable

DoomSlayer

I wonder if Lukaku is pretending to be injured or if Ole is sidelining him on purpose for not being 100% focused on United.

Let's not forget that Solskjaer said our system won't require a 6 ft 4 in striker anymore when discussing Sanchez and his future here. I guess Lukaku has mentally checked-out already.

haram

I wonder if Lukaku is pretending to be injured or if Ole is sidelining him on purpose for not being 100% focused on United.

Let's not forget that Solskjaer said our system won't require a 6 ft 4 in striker anymore when discussing Sanchez and his future here. I guess Lukaku has mentally checked-out already.
He is not playing because he is about to join Inter Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.