Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yes, he should play if it fails. But we have to add more creativity to the team to have any chance of getting goals from our strikers including him.

Or ask inter for brozovic for difference in valuations?.

Yeah he probably would play if he ends up staying, but he's definitely second or third choice and that will inevitably cause problems. I'm not a huge fan of this swap deal for Dybala, but at this point i'd take it just to see him gone. I can see him being trouble if he stays.

As for the bold, i think if this deal falls through that's it for this summer so i can't see us making that deal with inter. The way this club operates they'd never get it done within a day or two.

steve.crowford

Yeah he probably would play if he ends up staying, but he's definitely second or third choice and that will inevitably cause problems. I'm not a huge fan of this swap deal for Dybala, but at this point i'd take it just to see him gone. I can see him being trouble if he stays.

As for the bold, i think if this deal falls through that's it for this summer so i can't see us making that deal with inter. The way this club operates they'd never get it done within a day or two.
85mln euro it's too much for Inter! They can afford only 70+bonuses... My opinion we should sell for this amount

flappyjay

Fat man better hope inter put the money up after all the stupidity on Twitter

binary bot
Surely Juve can still afford him after the Kean deal and potential Cancelo deal? Or is it more about wages?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wonder if h's still going to Juve with Mandzukic + cash coming here? Would still be an alright scenario IMO. His time is up at the club so it's best for all parties if he leaves.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Burnt bridges, juve don’t have the cash, inter don’t have enough....
This is very very awkward for him

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I hope Old Trafford turns on him in a big way.

If they'll shit on Fellaini for years when he only he ever tried his best then they should do the same for this sulky cnut. Posting a pic of him and his agent smiling with a caption like "new beginnings" last week, his spiteful little tantrum about being called slow.

He's a prick.

George The Best

Burnt bridges, juve don’t have the cash, inter don’t have enough....
This is very very awkward for him
Think we may still do a deal with Inter, seems that’s where he really wants to be. He clearly doesn’t have a role here under the current management and could be a distraction if back in our dressing room. I’d be fairly certain we could structure a deal with Inter that helps them with any short term cash problems. As long as they meet our valuation we could easily accept staged payments similar to Arsenal and Pepe.

GamerKurisu

At this point with Dybala off, I see him going to Inter towards the end of the window, just a case of us trying to get as much as possible from Inter now I think.

JohnnyKills

Think we may still do a deal with Inter, seems that’s where he really wants to be. He clearly doesn’t have a role here under the current management and could be a distraction if back in our dressing room. I’d be fairly certain we could structure a deal with Inter that helps them with any short term cash problems. As long as they meet our valuation we could easily accept staged payments similar to Arsenal and Pepe.
Could easily be a loan deal too.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
This was my worry about this whole Lukaku/Dybala scenario. There was always a very good chance that it wouldn't happen and we'd be stuck with him. We're in a bit of a predicament now. We have a player who clearly doesn't wanna be here and has basically made it known and we're gonna be stuck with him for the whole season.

Can't see Inter magically finding the funds. Not an ideal way to go into a brand new season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Problem with that is if he gets a career threatening injury while on loan ... he's still our player and we'd be stuck with him on our books.

Cloud7

Like I said in the Dybala thread, I do hope we still find a way to bin him off.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
So if we keep him he will again be unfit for the start of the season. I do wonder did he train at all with the team during all this saga? Or was he made out to be injured?

George The Best

Problem with that is if he gets a career threatening injury while on loan ... he's still our player and we'd be stuck with him on our books.
I didn’t mention a loan in my post, although their original offer of a loan with an obligation to buy is one possibility, but I’m sure there are others as Arsenal managed with Pepe. As long as any loan is securely backed by an obligation to buy then I think it’s Inter that take the risk of injury - not us.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I didn’t mention a loan in my post, although their original offer of a loan with an obligation to buy is one possibility, but I’m sure there are others as Arsenal managed with Pepe. As long as any loan is securely backed by an obligation to buy then I think it’s Inter that take the risk of injury - not us.
Apologies - misread your post.

However you’re right. Loan with a cast iron obligation to buy in 12 months time is the obvious and easy solution.

pascell

Why do they ? I mean we can always keep him as a squad option and he'll have to play. He's under contract.
We have no one else who wants him, Inter cant afford what we value him and he's burned his bridges with Ole etc. Can we afford to let him warm the bench and let his value diminish?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Inter will be back in with a 50 million bid with massive smirk.
You'd have thought we'd try flogging Lukaku to Inter before they realised the Dybala/Juve option had fallen through. Perhaps it's just not possible to keep that kind of thing secret in modern football.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
You'd have thought we'd try flogging Lukaku to Inter before they realised the Dybala/Juve option had fallen through. Perhaps it's just not possible to keep that kind of thing secret in modern football.
What? You think they are so dumb so as not realize something is up? The whole world knows we are negotiating to send Lukaku to Juve and all of a sudden we try and sell him to Inter you don’t think they can put two and two together?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
As it stands keeping Lukaku is a worst case scenario both for the club and the manager. Less the five days left of the window and Woodward is again with his back against the wall. Whatever the outcome will be it smacks desperation and bad planning.

How come this transfer saga with Dybala ends up with us saving face? If we in the end have to accepts Inters offer then again is a last second decision based on the fact we’re out of options. But that’s not the worst part.

We are so short of quality in midfield and we still don’t have any other playmaker then Pogba.

Our manager have played a 4231 formation the whole pre season and know we are extremely short of players who’re good enough and fit that formation. So what’s next? Mata and Pereira again.

Five more days Ed! Otherwise you will have a tough season in front of you.

Devil81

Getting him out of the door is as much of an issue as getting players in.

After his tweets of late, he has to go.

el3mel

We have no one else who wants him, Inter cant afford what we value him and he's burned his bridges with Ole etc. Can we afford to let him warm the bench and let his value diminish?
Depends. I don't like entering the season depending on Rashford and Martial only in striker position, thus keeping Lukaku for 1 more season isn't really a bad idea.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
What? You think they are so dumb so as not realize something is up? The whole world knows we are negotiating to send Lukaku to Juve and all of a sudden we try and sell him to Inter you don’t think they can put two and two together?
Inter were after him first and we surely didn't just close down communications with them as soon as Juve rocked up.

Considering the amount of transfer stories you hear about smoke screens, fabricated interest from other clubs, etc. it's hardly that far fetched. For example, we're regularly linked to players we have no interest in, purely because that player is negotiating a new contract at their own club. Honestly I'm amazed clubs don't see straight through it, but we see it every window.

Redcy

Wonder if h's still going to Juve with Mandzukic + cash coming here? Would still be an alright scenario IMO. His time is up at the club so it's best for all parties if he leaves.
Juve don’t have any money.

If I was Inter I’d come with a bid of 40m and tell Lukaku to stink up the dressing room. What’s he got to lose?

Djemba-Djemba

If I was Inter I’d come with a bid of 40m and tell Lukaku to stink up the dressing room. What’s he got to lose?
We refuse to sell him, we stick him in the reserves, he barely plays all season and wastes a year in what's only a short career, he misses out on Euro2020?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mandzukic is shot. We might as well bring RvN out of retirement

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Not playing much for the next year? Ahead of Euro 2000?

LJJT

He isn’t going no where now I don’t think. Going to have to come back with his tail between his legs

Status
Not open for further replies.