Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Wasn't it data for 50m sprints? I mean who really cares that much.

I'm not bothered if he leaves, but I actually think he always showed some spirit here (PSG playing CB for the last 10 mins).
The club. He knows the drill. I’d love to know why he’s done this when it seems he’s getting a move to Juve, for bare dollar! I don’t feel sorry for him in the slightest.

It just strikes me as taking nasty swipes because he IS leaving now.

Good riddance.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
How do we navigate this situation if he stays. There is a distinct possibility that it could happen. It just takes Dybala to say no and it's all done for this transfer window.

Do you play him? I always though his attitude was ok, but starting to question that now. So could you actually rely on him basically?

We're in a bit of a predicament here.

Water Melon

He posted a bar graph, which he then deleted. He posted that bar graph actually trying to convince people that he is fast. I am absolutely sure when it comes to acceleration it is much more difficult for opposition to deal with Rashford, AWB and James. When it comes to overall ability, Lukaku is the easiest to defend against if compared to Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. Last but not least, this what Rom has been rightfully criticized for during his stay with us:

Last edited by a moderator:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Anyone else find it weird that he wants to join Inter but is 'settling' for the far superior Juve? I mean I'm speculating but it does seem like that's what's happening.

I know he gets on well with Conte or whatever but still, surely you want to play for the best.

joedirt87

I hope we sell him to Inter if the Juve moves falls through. He is useless
Could see Inter coming back in and it getting done on deadline day if Dybala falls through. Wouldn't expect an improved bid from Inter.

Cloud7

This is exactly one of the reasons united have gone to shit, signing players with attitudes like this without doing research, too many mercaneries and spoilt children.

The signings of Wan Bissaka, Maguire and James is a huge step in the right direction with regards to good honest professionalism with the ego and selfishness

Ole gets it, wel see a huge difference in attitude this season, im really intrigued to see how Pogba and Martial adapt to the new guys and the youth coming through in regards to their attitudes.

Sanchez, Rojo and Matic to go for me and a huge test of character for Pogba and Martial now to see if they can finally grow up and mature. Then we l have a squad with no bad eggs or questionable attitudes
What attitude problems have we ever had with Martial?

Bestietom

Anyone else find it weird that he wants to join Inter but is 'settling' for the far superior Juve? I mean I'm speculating but it does seem like that's what's happening.

I know he gets on well with Conte or whatever but still, surely you want to play for the best.
At this stage he just wants out.

Rocknrolla69er

What attitude problems have we ever had with Martial?
Stood about in warmups
Massive reluctance to track back
Constant links to other teams from his agent when hes dropped for being lazy

Come on do the maths im sure your not that dim

Fact is there are alot of so called professionals who are awarded way too much financial reward too young, and they lose their hunger and drive and develop big egos, im hoping Ole has sat down with Martial and offered him a few words of wisdom, i cant wait to see how Martial reacts to the challenges this season and see if he sulks or rolls up his sleeves and buys into Oles style of play.

Some good signs he has in pre season, his career needs it

steve.crowford

A comparison of the Height of forwards that could be replace Lukaku:
Yussuf Poulsen - 1,93 m
Edin Džeko - 1,93 m
Romelu Lukaku - 1,90 m
Duván Zapata - 1,89 m
Iñaki Williams - 1,86 m
Arkadiusz Milik - 1,86 m
Maximiliano Gómez - 1,86 m
Andrea Belotti - 1,81 m
Mauro Icardi - 1,81 m
Paulo Dybala - 1,77 m
Alfredo Morelos - 1,77 m
Lautaro Martínez - 1,74 m

JSArsenal

During the first weeks his PR skills fooled me but the more he talked the more respect I lost. Lukaku is a smart guy, he knows what he is supposed to stay in order to be popular, the issue being that in a big club you need to link words to actions and he failed to do that. From the outside he seems to be highly manipulative.
To be fair isn't that all footballers?

It's all fake PR nonsense with them. I'm 90% sure Sanchez called United the biggest club in the world he joined, a South American who played for Barcelona. I'm 100% sure Koscielny has said in the past how much he loves the club and look what he's doing now.

You shouldn't believe a word that comes out of their mouths, same goes for managers. A footballer will care about his career first and foremost and say whatever is necessary at the moment to further said career.

prateik

Please let him go to Juve..
Inter getting fecked over is going to be the best part ..

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How are his new teammates at Juve going to take him in after seeing how much of a garbage person he is to his previous teammates? Disrespect does not breed respect.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair isn't that all footballers?

It's all fake PR nonsense with them. I'm 90% sure Sanchez called United the biggest club in the world he joined, a South American who played for Barcelona. I'm 100% sure Koscielny has said in the past how much he loves the club and look what he's doing now.

You shouldn't believe a word that comes out of their mouths, same goes for managers. A footballer will care about his career first and foremost and say whatever is necessary at the moment to further said career.
No it's not all footballers, most don't talk or aren't good when it comes to communication. Lukaku is actually good at it.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
So Napoli & Inter still not entirely out of the frame for Lukaku...

Hope they wake up & improve their bids. Something like:

Koulibaly or Milik for Lukaku
Skriniar for Lukaku

That would bring us back to the table I think even with Maguire sewn up.

UncleBob

So Napoli & Inter still not entirely out of the frame for Lukaku...

Hope they wake up & improve their bids. Something like:

Koulibaly or Milik for Lukaku
Skriniar for Lukaku

That would bring us back to the table I think even with Maguire sewn up.
:lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
How do we navigate this situation if he stays. There is a distinct possibility that it could happen. It just takes Dybala to say no and it's all done for this transfer window.

Do you play him? I always though his attitude was ok, but starting to question that now. So could you actually rely on him basically?

He'd deffo be gone in January if the move falls through. Wouldn't be starting for United now so perhaps valuations etc. would be recalibrated.

Patrick08

Yes, he should play if it fails. But we have to add more creativity to the team to have any chance of getting goals from our strikers including him.

Or ask inter for brozovic for difference in valuations?.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He posted a bar graph, which he then deleted. He posted that bar graph actually trying to convince people that he is fast. I am absolutely sure when it comes to acceleration it is much more difficult for opposition to deal with Rashford, AWB and James. When it comes to overall ability, Lukaku is the easiest to defend against if compared to Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. Last but not least, this what Rom has been rightfully criticized for during his stay with us:
Has anybody ever called his speed into question?

JPRouve

Scout
Everything about Lukaku has been questioned in this witch hunt. And he's retaliating.

Not pretty.
Witch hunt.:lol:

Lukaku has been overly criticized and praised like every other player in football. Few people have questioned his pace but it's not a widespread idea because it's a bit ridiculous, athletically he lacks agility and stamina, he is the belgian Mario Gomez which is in my opinion a good standard but won't necessarily fit teams with high ambitions. In the modern game, you need to be a complete striker like Suarez/Lewandowski/Kane or a striker that is totally dedicated to his teammates like Firmino, Benzema or Cavani. It's not a coincidence that the likes of Icardi, Higuain, Lukaku, Belotti or even Immobile are generally overlooked/discarded by the biggest clubs even though they have above average outputs. The same thing happened to Mario Gomez and Luca Toni years ago.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Witch hunt.:lol:

Lukaku has been overly criticized and praised like every other player in football. Few people have questioned his pace but it's not a widespread idea because it's a bit ridiculous, athletically he lacks agility and stamina, he is the belgian Mario Gomez which is in my opinion a good standard but won't necessarily fit teams with high ambitions. In the modern game, you need to be a complete striker like Suarez/Lewandowski/Kane or a striker that is totally dedicated to his teammates like Firmino, Benzema or Cavani. It's not a coincidence that the likes of Icardi, Higuain, Lukaku, Belotti or even Immobile are generally overlooked/discarded by the biggest clubs even though they have above average outputs. The same thing happened to Mario Gomez and Luca Toni years ago.
I agree!

But he has been criticized much more than praised. He obviously needs to be loved because he's insecure. Now, why is a player of his ability insecure? Mmmm...?

JPRouve

Scout
I agree!

But he has been criticized much more than praised. He obviously needs to be loved because he's insecure. Now, why is a player of his ability insecure? Mmmm...?
That's not true, you simply don't really care when every day someone claims that he is world class or a great player. Lukaku has been overrated his entire career, his record isn't even exceptional but people still pretend that it is.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
:lol: It would be quite a scene. Ronnie throws his hands up in the air in tantrum, lukaku thumbs up and applauds him while Juve fans shake their heads.
I'd love to see it. Ronnie would give him hell:lol:

Juventus goes into meltdown would be epic:drool:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He'd deffo be gone in January if the move falls through. Wouldn't be starting for United now so perhaps valuations etc. would be recalibrated.

I'd think it would more likely be next summer if he doesn't go now. Which is a worry. And as a result his valuation would probably go down, especially if he isn't playing. I really hope he goes at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.