Luke Shaw injury for England | sustained concussion and returned to Manchester (6 day rest period)

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s interesting to see how the players get injured.

I remember Javier Zanetti getting two injuries in 25 yrs, playing 500+ games in every single continent.

Shaw, Jones, Rojo are injury magnets
Genetics plays a big part. People are not built equally. I don't remember Giggs suffering many injuries in his entire career either.

I don't think we can blame Shaw being injury prone for this one though, this was more of a freak injury.

LInkash

Genetics plays a big part. People are not built equally. I don't remember Giggs suffering many injuries in his entire career either.

I don't think we can blame Shaw being injury prone for this one though, this was more of a freak injury.
Giggs had hamstring problems all the time until he started doing yoga.

matecro007

You should be banned.
You should have sex more. Dont give me that anger you got. Take it on someone else.

I didnt said I watched the game , so i dont know what happened. I just heard someone rant about it.
I also like to point out Im supporting mourinho.
Some people man....

ypsipeos

Chivu is one of the athletes who never gained his form back after a head collision.
I was anxious about the international break especially for Shaw. I am now more anxious. I have told bad things for him and this injury makes me sad. After all, they are human beings.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Quality control
You should have sex more. Dont give me that anger you got. Take it on someone else.

I didnt said I watched the game , so i dont know what happened. I just heard someone rant about it.
Some people man....
Your posts are utter shit.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive

Some people man....
The mere fact you had to question whether it’s false or not proves that you’re not really supporting him.

If you were supporting him, you’d hear that rant, think ‘that doesn’t sound like something he’d do, I better reserve judgement until I see this footage’. Instead you’ve just gone in balls deep into a United forum and openly questioned whether Mourinho would be texting and laughing whilst Shaw was out cold. He obviously wouldn’t be laughing for god sake.

You look a right knob.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
This guy's a legend. Pissed off every Liverpool fan in the land and then wishes our player the best of luck getting back.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
This guy's a legend. Pissed off every Liverpool fan in the land and then wishes our player the best of luck getting back.

Buttering us up for when he has to flirt with the idea of joining us to get a bumper deal with Madrid. Only half joking.

Woziak

Poor Luke Shaw, I was at Wembley and the groans went all round the stadium fearing the very worst. I believe Sky didnt even show replays on live TV. It looks, touch wood that he had a concussion so he will probably be out for 2 to 3 weeks subject to Cat scans, they can not take any chances with head injuries these days.

On the brighter side Luke, Marcus and Jesse all started really well in the first half and All three suit the 3142 or 352 system England Play. I have friends in Southampton and they all say Shaw was always a brilliant defensive full back not offensive, but on this seasons performances he looks the real deal going forward just needs to work more on his defensive positional play plus United should go all out for Kieran Trippier to pair him up with Shaw and the boy is a red anyway, a fantastic player who would give us an upgrade on the right!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
At least it's reassuring to see that Shaw is finally nailing down that left spot so good on him. Hope he's back soon.

We need an rvn

Why would the minimum recovery time for a Rugby player have any relevance on Luke's recovery period ?

It makes no odds how bad it looked.
Huh??? I was talking about recovery periods for concussions and shared what I found on the web after a few minutes search. Rugby has made huge improvements in the way concussions are handled, or more importantly the protocol as to when a player can return. Hence why I used that as a guideline. Nothing about comparing rugby players to footballers.

And yes, it does matter how bad the concussion is just like there are bad leg breaks (shaws) and others not so bad where players return from in a matter of months. Looking at Shaw's concussion it looked a lot worse than others where the player doesn't get knocked out, hence why I said it might take longer than the minimum period

b20times

So gutted for him, I wish lady luck would shine on him as he's overdue some massive luck.

Kapardin

Glad he's ok, but this really is a case of "life's unfair" for him, the club and the fans. Feels really frustrating to have him sidelined once again when he was getting into such good form, and we were finally seeing a functional LB.

Hope he only misses a couple of games max.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Huh??? I was talking about recovery periods for concussions and shared what I found on the web after a few minutes search. Rugby has made huge improvements in the way concussions are handled, or more importantly the protocol as to when a player can return. Hence why I used that as a guideline. Nothing about comparing rugby players to footballers.

And yes, it does matter how bad the concussion is just like there are bad leg breaks (shaws) and others not so bad where players return from in a matter of months. Looking at Shaw's concussion it looked a lot worse than others where the player doesn't get knocked out, hence why I said it might take longer than the minimum period
I never said how bad the concussion is, i said it doesn't matter how bad it looks as you can't tell how bad an injury is just by watching it happen. Unless you happen to have the ability to scan someones brain through a television.

You based your expected return date for shaw on rugby guidelines which is a different/more physical sport, it makes no sense.

We need an rvn

I never said how bad the concussion is, i said it doesn't matter how bad it looks as you can't tell how bad an injury is just by watching it happen. Unless you happen to have the ability to scan someones brain through a television.

You based your expected return date for shaw on rugby guidelines which is a different/more physical sport, it makes no sense.
Quit with the "unless you have the ability to scan someone through the tv" bs, what's the need for that kind of comment? It's obvious it was a bad injury as the guy was on the floor for 10 minutes with medics around him. It was a very different type of concussion from Karius' that's obvious for all to see isn't it?

On your last point, are you telling me that a when a footballer gets knocked out by a tackle it's different from when a rugby player or from any other sport for that matter? I'd have thought the grading of a concussion would be based on medical practice and not what sport it happened in. Hence the recovery time is the same no matter what the sport. Yes, Rugby is more physical in general but then I'm pretty sure footballers go into tackles and run up heading the ball too which isn't great for someone who just had a concussion. Based on what you're implying, you're saying footballers should be returning quicker than rugby players because it's a less physical sport, that makes no sense buddy.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Quit with the "unless you have the ability to scan someone through the tv" bs, what's the need for that kind of comment? It's obvious it was a bad injury as the guy was on the floor for 10 minutes with medics around him. It was a very different type of concussion from Karius' that's obvious for all to see isn't it?

On your last point, are you telling me that a when a footballer gets knocked out by a tackle it's different from when a rugby player or from any other sport for that matter? I'd have thought the grading of a concussion would be based on medical practice and not what sport it happened in. Hence the recovery time is the same no matter what the sport. Yes, Rugby is more physical in general but then I'm pretty sure footballers go into tackles and run up heading the ball too which isn't great for someone who just had a concussion. Based on what you're implying, you're saying footballers should be returning quicker than rugby players because it's a less physical sport, that makes no sense buddy.
Based on what you said, the mandatory recovery time for a rugby player is 7-10 days yet the FA guideline is 6 days.

GM K

I think how you play also plays a part. Some players lessen the chances of getting injured by the way they think when going into tackles, headers, challenges and dribbles.

It's basically a combination of factors including sheer luck.

GM K

Even if its a concussion, it's 2 weeks isnt it?
Young in at LB then

Now, you just have to wonder if the failure to buy a left back won't come back to bite us.

Hopefully it won't.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship

Giggsy always suffered injuries, the amount of Wales friendlies he missed because of them is crazy.