Luke Shaw injury for England | sustained concussion and returned to Manchester (6 day rest period)

Because no one ever broke their leg playing a CL game, did they?

Good grief, players get serious injuries in training and climbing the stairs.
Of course, players get injuries in important games and training all the time. This was a completely pointless friendly though.

Colombian Mancunian

Hope it isn’t serious. Thankfully nothing happened to his leg.

International friendlies are worthless. They must be used to test upcoming youths, not to endanger nature footballers.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure where everyone keeps getting the amount of time out from.

6 days with no competitive football is guidance. I imagine he'll be on the bench v Watford if he's upto it. Failing that he will be back for the next one.

matecro007

Your posts are utter shit.
Hopefully admin will do something about your attitude. And if you are still frustrated, go hit a punching bag or something or massage me private. Get that rage out of yourself. I wont get more in a conflict with you.

What tournament or qualifiers were they playing?

Here in South America, NTs played international friendlies.
It's really a friendly here too. They have just renamed it the Nations League and created a competition format in an attempt to get people to care about it.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's really a friendly here too. They have just renamed it the Nations League and created a competition format in an attempt to get people to care about it.
People, specifically the English, dismissed the World Cup and European Cup when they first launched too. Ditto the expansion of the Euros too, which had a marvellous effect on the qualifiers last time.

I think most would agree The Nations League is already having a positive effect on the international break with games being taken more seriously.

Vanrouge

Hopefully admin will do something about your attitude. And if you are still frustrated, go hit a punching bag or something or massage me private. Get that rage out of yourself. I wont get more in a conflict with you.
I'm really glad you didn't add an s to private there! :nervous:

0le

I'm no doctor, but I don't think the words 'just' and 'concussion' should be collocated.
I think you took my sentence out of context i.e. without looking at how the injury looked on TV. It could have been a lot worse - fractured head or a fractured neck spring to mind.

jem

I think you took my sentence out of context i.e. without looking at how the injury looked on TV. It could have been a lot worse - fractured head or a fractured neck spring to mind.
Ah ok, fair enough.

Womp

idiot
What's the protocol for concussions in football? I know in the NBA if you sustain one you might be out for a good few weeks, even if you're fine. Frustrating as feck as he was looking so fecking good, always seems to be so close yet so far with this kid. Hopefully he comes back soon and can keep building on his early season performances.

spwd

Can we add its 6 days recovery from the fa, im fed up of seeing the same bloody question over and over @Damien

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Based on what you said, the mandatory recovery time for a rugby player is 7-10 days yet the FA guideline is 6 days.
The official time that each sport gives is different everywhere (and even different amongst different ruling bodies in the same sport). Really all that is though is an indication on how seriously the ruling body of each sport takes the injury, not what is best for the player.

I'm very surprised that football is still only 6 days. Can pretty much guarantee that will be increased up to two weeks within the next 5-10 years, as I expect most sports will do.

A lot of people don't seem to take concussion very seriously. Some of the comments on the Karius thing a few months back really showed that some people don't understand what it is. It is literally a brain injury. Which is bad enough in it's own right, but coming back too early and opening yourself up to the possibility of suffering another one on top of it is devastating. Far worse for the player than pretty much any other injury. As much as I want Shaw back as soon as possible, I really hope he's not rushed back too fast. It's simply not worth it.

The official time that each sport gives is different everywhere (and even different amongst different ruling bodies in the same sport). Really all that is though is an indication on how seriously the ruling body of each sport takes the injury, not what is best for the player.

I'm very surprised that football is still only 6 days. Can pretty much guarantee that will be increased up to two weeks within the next 5-10 years, as I expect most sports will do.

A lot of people don't seem to take concussion very seriously. Some of the comments on the Karius thing a few months back really showed that some people don't understand what it is. It is literally a brain injury. Which is bad enough in it's own right, but coming back too early and opening yourself up to the possibility of suffering another one on top of it is devastating. Far worse for the player than pretty much any other injury. As much as I want Shaw back as soon as possible, I really hope he's not rushed back too fast. It's simply not worth it.
Rugby and football is exactly the same. It's 2 weeks plus 5 days gradual reintroduction for any player outside a professional setting. If you have continual monitoring and expertise on hand it can be reduced to a minimum of 6 days.

Darlington Padgett

People, specifically the English, dismissed the World Cup and European Cup when they first launched too. Ditto the expansion of the Euros too, which had a marvellous effect on the qualifiers last time.

I think most would agree The Nations League is already having a positive effect on the international break with games being taken more seriously.
It's not positive for an already crowded schedule.

So, he could play against Watford right?
He could. It can't be determined if he needs more than the 6 day rest period yet, it's assessed on a day by day basis. He'll be doing some light training already.

I have a little experience with professional sports clubs though and I do wonder how much of that 6 day minimum was pushed through so players get back to playing in the following week's game rather than what's best for their health. Wouldn't be surprised if we keep him out longer.

Borden

Thank feck he's alright. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the headline that he was stretchered off with an oxygenmask.

Hopefully ready for Watford.

SirAF

Ageist
Good news! It appears he could be back for Watford then, however, I wouldn't be surprised if he sits that one out and we'll see him again against Wolves.

Nick7

I would assume he won't be doing full contact training for the 6 days. So we could be without him for the Watford game.

Canagel

I do hope he plays vs Watford. We need our best players available for a game like this and Shaw is crucial to our attacking game. It would've been better if we were playing Wolves this weekend and Watford in the next game but this is what we got.

buckooo1978

I'm assuming he can't train so we might have to stick Ashley in.....

nevertheless I'm enjoying these comments hoping that Shaw makes it back in time for the game - shows how far he's come this year in a short space of time

This is why we need to buy a new LB in summer we're one injury/suspension away from having to play Young.

Anywho glad to hear Shaw is ok ❤