Luke Shaw nearer to Manchester United exit [The Times]

youngrell

Shaw wasn’t better than Young had been before his suspension. It’s a moot point whether Young is a former winger or not.
A lot of people thought he was, or at least on par. Young came back in for Spurs and everyone was up in arms about it. Young plays well against Liverpool and all of a sudden Shaw was crap.

My point was De Gea is the best keeper in the world, so clearly the better option. It isn't/wasn't so black and white with Young and Shaw.

RedDevil@84

If there were a competition for 'most laughable/least believable' transfer nonsense story of the year, this would surely take some beating.
I am guilty of giving the Mail some clicks occasionally. I like a good laugh sometimes. So I go to Mail and read their unbelievable stories sometimes. They come up with some nice imaginative stuff.
They are better than the Sun. For whatever reason, the Sun seems to be more vicious than hilarious.

prath92

A lot of people thought he was, or at least on par. Young came back in for Spurs and everyone was up in arms about it. Young plays well against Liverpool and all of a sudden Shaw was crap.

My point was De Gea is the best keeper in the world, so clearly the better option. It isn't/wasn't so black and white with Young and Shaw.
Young has better end product. Shaw while solid in his outings and played well, doesn’t have the end product Young has. Which is important

youngrell

Young has better end product. Shaw while solid in his outings and played well, doesn’t have the end product Young has. Which is important
I'm not disagreeing with that, I was stating that I can see why he feels unmotivated when he thinks he's making progress and getting praise, only to be sidelined again. It can be demoralising for a player.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
During that period where both Young and Shaw were playing in alternating games, Shaw was doing better. That's why it was a bit frustrating for Shaw to suddenly be dropped pretty much completely, and it did annoy quite a few people (including myself). However, Shaw still wasn't performing as well as Young had been earlier in the season. So I can understand Mourinho going back to Young fulltime, even though I was hoping to see Shaw more and give him one proper opportunity to cement that position.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
honestly, I still dont see him leaving
Me neither. I saw some numbers floated for how much United want to consider selling and I laughed. If we're holding out for over £20m for someone who has barely played, has very little time left on their current deal and has had his professionalism questioned by four coaches, we're living in cloud cookoo land.

Bestietom

Well if we believe what the media has said about all the players that are supposedly going, we would have to bring in a whole new team. I will wait and see what happens this summer.

Member 90678

I agree with this. Mourinho is dumb if he doesn't see Shaw's potential, if we sell him to a rival like Spurs it will be embarrassing.
I think the biggest problem is that Shaw does not see his own potential!

Everyone could see his potential, I think it's time you started to think that possibly it's down to him and him alone. This snowflake/blame culture is the only thing that's embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scholsey2004

Yeah, for a full back his crossing seems very limited. Only seems to do cut backs along the ground.

LoneStar

Meh. At United, he's done feck all to deserve another season. Way too injury prone too. We definetly need to buy a new LB, and I'd rather keep Young as the backup.

I don't care if he goes to another club and becomes the greatest left back in history. But I highly doubt that will be the case though.

Micky Targaryen

Injury prone and multiple ex-coaches questioning his motivation on and off the pitch. Highly unlikely he'd be arsed to learn Spanish too. :lol:

Super Mokh

Well seeing both Ben Davies and Robertson performing so well at their respective clubs is pretty damning tbh. Knew we would struggle to replace Pat but this has gone too long. Cut the lose and sell him.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
I agree with this. Mourinho is dumb if he doesn't see Shaw's potential, if we sell him to a rival like Spurs it will be embarrassing.
Such posts are embarrassing to say the least. He has done feckall in 4 years. Why does he deserve more time? Even when he has got chances, he hasn't taken them and Young is simply more consistent to be dropped. Shaw has been questioned by every manager he has worked under and hasn't shown any talent since 2014. I won't even remember him as a United player and pretty sure with his attitude, he is not going to make much career in football.

Trizy

Jesus Christ please not let that be true. Shaw is better than Rose and even at that, he's been far from impressive since his leg break.

Rose is the most overrated fullback I can remember.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Shaw is not better than Rose.
That tweet is nonsense though.

Shaw is not better than Rose.
That tweet is nonsense though.
Well knowing Levy, that's exactly how he'd start the negotiation; at which point we'd laugh our heads off at him, sell Shaw for 20m and spend the 60m on for example Alex Sandro.

Only way we're interested in Rose after this season, imo, is a straight swap for Shaw or for around 25m total.

Last edited:

davidmichael

When did Rose even last play ? He seems to be constantly injured and outside of one great season is consistently average, I’d take Sandro at £50-£60 million over Rose even at £20 million and in reality I don’t believe that story at all.

saivet

When did Rose even last play ? He seems to be constantly injured and outside of one great season is consistently average, I’d take Sandro at £50-£60 million over Rose even at £20 million and in reality I don’t believe that story at all.
He's been fit pretty much all season as far as I'm away. Poch has a habit of sidelining players who want out and he's been on the end of it with some somewhat questionable comments towards the end of last summer.

Just look at Walker the back end of last season and Toby now.

lifted

He's been fit pretty much all season as far as I'm away. Poch has a habit of sidelining players who want out and he's been on the end of it with some somewhat questionable comments towards the end of last summer.

Just look at Walker the back end of last season and Toby now.
He missed a couple of months at the start of the season, when he was out for 10 months in total with knee ligament damage. Also missed a month over the new year with another knee injury. Not sure if the latter one was the same knee as the former though.

Craig Ward

Shaw has talent. Shaw needs game time. Shaw needs a manager to believe in him.

Shaw under Jose on the evidence thus far will never get this as long as Jose is here.

Shaw will probably leave and do well. He may leave and crumble and become nothing. My guy says we will regret it though

My issue is the fact that Jose is happy to slate him, but not give him a decent run in the team. he gets a game or 2, then is sidelined for weeks/months on end. And lets be fair, Young has done ok but he's not even a LB and has looked poor on times. Why favour someone over an actual LB who could get better and better with game time?

If I was Shaw, I'd want out and start fresh somewhere.

I've always wanted Shaw to do well, but ultimately if the manager aint arsed on him, then it's never gunna work.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That would be 1 of the worst pieces of transfer business in history IMO.

Shaw is a better defender than Rose, and he's proving to stay fitter now too.

I can't see why Jose is obsessed with getting rid of him.

LoneStar

I want what this journalist is smoking. Must be some great stuff.

40m plus Shaw would probably make Juventus consider selling Sandro. Rose is nowhere near good enough to demand such a fee.

manutd7

Not a huge fan of Rose. I like Shaw and think he has played fairly well with the limited time hes being given this season, but there is something odd with his whole situation. If Shaw is not doing what JM wants, we need to let him go to a non top 6 club or abroad. And if he is leaving this summer, there is now way we can compete for a trophy with an unreliable LB. We have to make that our top priority, and I don't think Rose will perform/play as much as we will need him to. I wont be comfortable at all with either the Young/Shaw we saw this season or Young/Rose for next season.

Member 90678

Shaw under Jose on the evidence thus far will never get this as long as Jose is here.

Shaw will probably leave and do well. He may leave and crumble and become nothing. My guy says we will regret it though

My issue is the fact that Jose is happy to slate him, but not give him a decent run in the team. he gets a game or 2, then is sidelined for weeks/months on end. And lets be fair, Young has done ok but he's not even a LB and has looked poor on times. Why favour someone over an actual LB who could get better and better with game time?

I've always wanted Shaw to do well, but ultimately if the manager aint arsed on him, then it's never gunna work.
:wenger: Agree with the above, Shaw just needs a manager that loves him, this has KDB, Salah written all over it.:wenger:

Last edited by a moderator:

beycont

Yup. Bad bad man that Mourinho. Not giving the love and tenderness that Shaw needs to become the player he is destined to be.

Red_toad

Yup. Bad bad man that Mourinho. Not giving the love and tenderness that Shaw needs to become the player he is destined to be.
Everyone of his managers has had issues with his dedication to the game! Seems to be pretty much nailed on Jose for a lot of this thread. Only reason why Shaw isn’t starting every game is Shaw!