Macclesfield footballer Richard Butcher dies

Brophs

The One and Only
Only 29 years old. Had played last week and all apparently. Very sad.

R.I.P.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Jesus. Thats the 2nd League player to die within last couple of months.

Apparently it was natural according to wiki? How can a healthy 29 year old die "naturally" at home?

Bread

Christ thats horrible, He was also the player Keith Alexander gave a lift back home to the night he died. Played for him at Lincoln.

Tribec

RIP, it really is horrible news when any player dies young, but add to this for Macc, it's not so long ago they lost Keith Alexander, it's a nightmare.

Condolences to his family, friends and the fans of Macc.

Fuzzymel

So sad.

The bbc article said his wife was away at the time. Cant imagine how horrible it would be to receive that phone call.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bloody hell. RIP. How people can just die suddenly so young I'll never know.

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
It's horrible to hear about how these fit and healthy young men die from natural causes. I'm not far off that age and i'm not anywhere near fit and healthy - scary thought really.

Thoughts go out to the his family and friends.

Bread

It's horrible to hear about how these fit and healthy young men die from natural causes. I'm not far off that age and i'm not anywhere near fit and healthy - scary thought really.

I thought exactly the same earlier, scary stuff.

Jacob

My exact thought, scared shitless.

R.I.P.

stubie

R.I.P.

Thoughts go out to family & friends aswell as those at Macclesfield who now have to deal with a second tragedy within 12 months.

:(

togg

that is just awful. It always shocks me when someone so athletic dies like that at such a young age. I just makes you think...life is so precious...day by day. My thoughts are so with his family and new wife. She must be devastated. This sort of thing puts all football discussion into perspective to me

sdb4884

It's become a all too common Occurrence, so sad for everyone close to him. Just days too after the former Nigerian international Okafur died as well.