Macheda the starter vs Kiko the sub

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Macheda to me looks built for the lone role, I'd be surprised if that isn't where he plays for the vast majority of his career. If he's played anywhere else he's asked to get involved in the build-up and that takes away from his all-round threat while taking away from our play at the same time. There's not really anywhere besides up front on his own that he won't be asked to get involved in the build-up and he loses the ball a bit too much to want him to.

Looks to me like he's being played there to minimise his deficiencies that'd be shown up in any other role.
He's obviously a line-leader and will spend his career as the striker who pushes right up on the defence. But he's not ready to be up there all by himself yet, he gets isolated and drifts out of the game. He needs someone up there with him.

M160RA

He's obviously a line-leader and will spend his career as the striker who pushes right up on the defence. But he's not ready to be up there all by himself yet, he gets isolated and drifts out of the game. He needs someone up there with him.
Or at the very least he needs someone who will actually look to play him through rather than knocking long balls towards him. I remember once instance where he made a good run and if Park had played a through ball he would have been onside and possibly in a position to take a shot - but Park took too many touches and ended up being knocked off the ball.