Maguire and Lindelof Partnership

Nick7

Two goals from Lindelöf's side today. After a bad performance against Wolves. Shame as I thought he'd turned a corner.

Kurton

feel sorry for Maguire, he made a downward move. Leicester is definitely finishing above us.

Hughie77

Fecking useless today! But our CM do not help when there put under pressure? Showed today. Oles got some tinkering to do. Especially with CM .

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Maguire is a true player, esoecially the way he told young to get away from that freekick and told lindelof to take it and guided him where to kick it. Young and lindelof absolutely looked clueless.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Thread title should be changed to Maguire and Smalling. Lindelöf is useless.

norm87cro

I'm sick of Lindelof. This has got to be the worst game in a while and with 70% of possesion he still isn't concentrated?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Lindelof has bnever been that good. He got praised after the Chelsea game but they had two very good chances from pieces of terrible defending by him. He looks assured on the ball but that doesn't make him a good defender.

Maguire needs it drummed out of him that walking about with the ball and then playing a nothing pass is some kind of strength. I know people praise him for it a lot but it's actually utterly pointless and quite infuriating. DO something with the ball or give it to someone else. Don't just fecking walk about with it.

Mcking

The first goal highlighted most of the weaknesses between our central defensive-four. Lindelof's weakness at aerial duels, Maguire's tendency to go wandering, little defensive nous between the midfielders and zero recovery pace.

Nori-

Maguire looking like a leader and although we lost, looked solid for most of the game.

Lindelof on the other hand was a mess today. I'm not giving up on him yet though, i've seen what he can do. Keep his run of games going and hopefully he will repay the manager

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Chickens coming home to roost. We were lucky against Chelsea with them hitting the post and bar, Wolves scored 1 and hit the inside of the post and Palace have scored their first 2 goals of the season against us.

3 goals in the past 2 matches.

If Ole sticks with this partnership then they need to improve a lot because they've been weak
Yeh. Not just those Palace's two goals. There's another occasion, Crystal Palace went through our defence like they weren't there, and one on one with DDG.

Palace kept attacking our right sided because those area are the weakness.

Yakuza_devils

Macguire should partner Tuanzebe. I'm impressed with Tuanzebe everytime he play for us.

He is comfortable on the ball, good in the air and has pace to burn.

Perfect partner for Macguire.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
People raved for years here about how good passer from the back will improve us, and we bought the best passer from the back in the league instead of Smalling(who was apparently the worst in top football), and I can't see any difference in our play, in our tempo or creativity. I want someone to explain me what exactly did we get with these so called modern defenders at the back?

I have no doubt Maguire will improve us(even though I am quite sure Bissaka will improve us even more by actually just being natural fullback instead of makeshift fullbacks like we had before), but can someone please explain me how did our gameplay, tempo, creativity, etc. improved by having Lindelof and Maguire at the back?

Only difference I can see is that they are less panicky, and that they look more comfortable on the ball than someone like Smalling, but that was always going to happen with not having Ashley Young who was causing panic all over the place with the ball. But what exactly changed in our play?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
People raved for years here about how good passer from the back will improve us, and we bought the best passer from the back in the league instead of Smalling(who was apparently the worst in top football), and I can't see any difference in our play, in our tempo or creativity. I want someone to explain me what exactly did we get with these so called modern defenders at the back?

I have no doubt Maguire will improve us(even though I am quite sure Bissaka will improve us even more by actually just being natural fullback instead of makeshift fullbacks like we had before), but can someone please explain me how did our gameplay, tempo, creativity, etc. improved by having Lindelof and Maguire at the back?

Only difference I can see is that they are less panicky, and that they look more comfortable on the ball than someone like Smalling, but that was always going to happen with not having Ashley Young who was causing panic all over the place with the ball. But what exactly changed in our play?
I was kept informed that they will free up our attackers, thus they would score more and more goals.

Someone said "great team was build from the back".

Onerealunited

I hope the national football pause will be used to partner maguire with Tuanzebe. It is time to try a different partnership

Skills

Snitch
Spending 130m on two defenders is really reflecting well on the points total.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It is funny how I said Lindelof was shit but a lot of people defended him.

He is so average and should not start for a club as big as Manchester United.

BlueHaze

Hopefully more and more people will understand why many wants to see Tuanzebe instead of Lindelöf. He's a chicken and simply not good enough. He got schooled in an aerial challenge by Schlupp last game for fecks sake.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Agreed. Shit as feck when it comes to actual defending. Play a midfielder in defence and it will make no difference.

TsuWave

Fully agreed. I always said this too, it was bizarre how some people convinced themselves that he was decent. Shit defender

U99ted

Lindelof was our best defender last year, then again, it was our worst ever season defensively. He has to improve fast.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Lindelof was our best defender last year,
He wasn't, he was just hiding behind Smalling doing nothing who was more exposed and did everything himself, which is why he didn't make any mistakes and people hardly noticed him, and thought he is playing well.

Man-United

He wasn't, he was just hiding behind Smalling doing nothing who was more exposed and did everything himself, which is why he didn't make any mistakes and people hardly noticed him, and thought he is playing well.
Lindelof was clearly our best defender last year.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
That we didn't even try Maguire and Smalling is criminal.