Maguire | he stays!

philippexyz

Ed Woodward should be criminally prosecuted for giving Harry Maguire a 6 year contract on £200k per week. We won't be able to properly fix centre-back situation for two more years because of this...

GJNJ

An ode to Moyes

Moyes with your ginger hair
And you’re Golem stare

You once cause us despair
Only now for you to repair

All is forgiven
With the money you have given

And taking these unloved pieces
adding to our waining resources

You’d better stay out of Greece
There maybe trouble with the police

This is all probably untrue
So actually Moyes feck you.

mctrials23

It’s just lazy to say he’s shit.
Its just plain wrong. Has he even been an £80m defender? No. Has he been a good player for us at times? Yes. Is he still a good player for us with our current style of play? Not really.

Hes been a model professional for the most part and his wages are not his fault. No idea why some people have such an issue with him. Hes not a Pogba or a Martial who just turn up when they fancy it. Hes always worked for the team and tried his best. Hes the result of our poor management and recruitment but thats not his fault.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had strong periods in his first couple of seasons, then put in arguably one of the worst ever seasons for a top half Premier league defender. Then last year was a bench write off.
That said, you have to get more than 20m back for an England starting defender you bought for 80m.
Hope we find a solution around 35m or so soon. Without am wage contribution. That'd be a superb result.

Davie Moyes

Had strong periods in his first couple of seasons, then put in arguably one of the worst ever seasons for a top half Premier league defender. Then last year was a bench write off.
That said, you have to get more than 20m back for an England starting defender you bought for 80m.
Hope we find a solution around 35m or so soon. Without am wage contribution. That'd be a superb result.
Spot on.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
But you don't. Any asset in any field can plummet is valuation due to the turns taken, especially if said asset wasn't worth anything like the price paid in the first place. What we paid for him is irrelevant to everyone else; what they see is his worth in an open market and weigh him up against that, which is why so few are in for him.

dubplate warrior

Obviously isn’t though is he, he’ll do well at a West Ham type team. He doesn’t suit our style at all. It’s just lazy to say he’s shit.
Harry Maguire is the only player I've ever seen be so shit for so long and still have people tell you he's a good player. It's not even a Ronaldo situation where fanboys could cling onto his past glories. West Ham finished 14th and for large spells of the season were in a relegation battle. He would do well for them as long as Moyes is there, however as soon as they get a more proactive manager who wants to do more than sit deep and hit on the counter he'd look crap again.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Harry Maguire is the only player I've ever seen be so shit for so long and still have people tell you he's a good player. It's not even a Ronaldo situation where fanboys could cling onto his past glories. West Ham finished 14th and for large spells of the season were in a relegation battle. He would do well for them as long as Moyes is there, however as soon as they get a more proactive manager who wants to do more than sit deep and hit on the counter he'd look crap again.
He was really only shit for a bit over a season. Pretty much all 21/22 and then the start of last season.

croadyman

I certainly don't condone him being booed by our fans,however do feel annoyed him still being here cost us a top CB to Bayern

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
But you don't. Any asset in any field can plummet is valuation due to the turns taken, especially if said asset wasn't worth anything like the price paid in the first place. What we paid for him is irrelevant to everyone else; what they see is his worth in an open market and weigh him up against that, which is why so few are in for him.
I wish Arsenal can sell Pepe but it seems very unlikely as well.

Baxquux

Is this fake or actual quote from Maguire? If true, delusion comes to mind.
Would he also feel insulted if someone tried to sign him for free when he was coming out of contract, because he's so good teams should be paying for the privilege (in addition to his normal wages) regardless . I think this is probably BS but that there's a modicum of credibility attached to this says something about how he and his team have allowed Maguire's public reputation to develop (or, specifically, to decline) after the initial, fairly unalloyed positivity circa 2018 WC

Chief123

Obviously isn’t though is he, he’ll do well at a West Ham type team. He doesn’t suit our style at all. It’s just lazy to say he’s shit.
He’s shit for the level we are looking at. Not good enough. Yes will do fine at West Ham but they aren’t looking to challenge for titles. The truth is Maguire never was and never will be good enough for the level we want to be at. In conclusion, he’s shit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Please don't let Moyesie get sacked before he's put in outgrageous bids for McMag.

AndySmith1990

West Ham sacking Moyes and hiring a completely different style of manager, meaning we end up stuck with Maguire and McTominay, is exactly the sort of post-Fergie bad luck that I'd expect to happen

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
West Ham sacking Moyes and hiring a completely different style of manager, meaning we end up stuck with Maguire and McTominay, is exactly the sort of post-Fergie bad luck that I'd expect to happen
To be honest, it doesn't matter that much who's in charge, they still need home grown players and they're the ones on the market right now. They'll have to overpay whoever they go for now.

Hughie77

If he's got ambitions of playing and keep his England place he will have to move on... if he doesn't have those then he will stay..

He's not starting he's not even getting unless Shaw is out as well.. I lost my patience with him after Seville away last season. We bought him paid over the odds and he's been OK that's it..

Steve Bruce had a better Utd career and didn't play for England, and cost peanuts compared, how has football changed this much??

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah but we need them to give us the money, not someone else.
Agreed, but I imagine if you try a week or so before the start of the season to buy a younger, HG talent, you're going to get extorted. That Rice money will not last very long.

crossy1686

career ending
Agreed, but I imagine if you try a week or so before the start of the season to buy a younger, HG talent, you're going to get extorted. That Rice money will not last very long.
Yeah I said that when they sold Rice and started bidding £20m for players. I know for a fact they'll be back with a bigger bid just as soon as they realise McTomminay isn't that much of a downgrade on Rice and he's cheap at £40m

Paul778

Could it be that Utd are prepared to deal but Slabhead feeling embarrassed about the 20m offer is holding the deal back?

Easily fixed. Put Evans and not Maguire on the bench next week for the first game

Stadjer

Is this fake or actual quote from Maguire? If true, delusion comes to mind.
Usually i would think its 100% fake because its ridiculous. I still think its fake but it is Harry Maguire. He has been notoriously clueless about his performances levels and how he is seen by the footballing world and by fans. Interviews saying he must be good because the manager picks him and saying he has nothing to prove.

croadyman

Why did we have to offer him such high wages,oh yeah down to Woody & Judge like most poor decisions on that score

Devil81

We've won 12 of his last 13 starts I think.
Shit stat alert!!

He's started mostly against weaker teams in cup competitions. Stats can make any player sound good if you choose to not openly look at the facts.