Maguire | he stays!

GoldanoGraham

Think Harry is just thinking that once Varane gets injured and Licha is suspended ETH will have to play him.

A couple of games here and there will be enough for Southgate. He will still go to the Euro’s.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Think Harry is just thinking that once Varane gets injured and Licha is suspended ETH will have to play him.

A couple of games here and there will be enough for Southgate. He will still go to the Euro’s.
Except Lindelof and Shaw are Ten Hag's preferred partnership when Varane and Licha are out. He will do well to get five or six starts this season, if he stays.

Rolaholic

Did we have to payoff Fred, Elanga or Telles to leave? Even Cristiano fecking Ronaldo who actually achieved great things with us left without one...

Even 6M sounds crazy

Plastic Evra

Did we have to payoff Fred, Elanga or Telles to leave? Even Cristiano fecking Ronaldo who actually achieved great things with us left without one...

Even 6M sounds crazy
Telles probably not because his wages might be equivalent or superior.
Fred and Elanga, possibly ? It's been said numerous times in this very thread that those sort of agreements are not extraordinary though not commonly reported. Also depends on whatever signing bonus they might have received upfront from their new club.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

I think even Southgate will find it hard to justify picking him if he barely plays all season.

I genineuly think he'll live to regret this summer.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I get wanting money, god knows you'd have to do a lot to prize those wages from me, but you'd think you'd settle for what is still a massive pay-off and big wages for the sake of regular football and getting away from what seems to be a negative environment.

It's not like he just isn't starting, there are two players ahead of him in the pecking order at both RCB and LCB. If he's still picked by Southgate despite the very limited minutes that suggests then I'm not sure that reflects well on Southgate.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Except Lindelof and Shaw are Ten Hag's preferred partnership when Varane and Licha are out. He will do well to get five or six starts this season, if he stays.
So Dalot or Williams at left back it is then

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Such a shite-stain on the club. Hope he doesn't play a minute for us and that we make a statement by selecting players from the youth setup ahead of him. Let the useless lump rot in the reserves.

suheilsworld

I think even Southgate will find it hard to justify picking him if he barely plays all season.

I genineuly think he'll live to regret this summer.
He’s started and played all of the last 4 internationals despite hardly playing for us. Southgate and Harry are both to be blamed for Harry being comfortable on our bench here

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He’s started and played all of the last 4 internationals despite hardly playing for us. Southgate and Harry are both to be blamed for Harry being comfortable on our bench here
He still started in 16 and played in 31... So not insignificant numbers and could be justified by Southgate. Also it was his first season not in the first XI.

He'll get nowhere near those appearances this season I don't think... Plus with it being his second season, I think it's a lot harder to justify.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
| #mufc do not anticipate any movement on Harry Maguire after a £30m move to West Ham collapsed. Maguire rejected United's offer of a £6m pay-off and is understood to have wanted around double that. [@samuelluckhurst]

https://x.com/centredevils/status/1694317544688021782?s=46&t=eCh5Esnz8Fe5EecBqMstPA

& I was ridiculed for posting a sun report he wanted around 15M for leaving - seems like Custis has got some level of contacts at the club this time round, been early on a few things lately

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He wanted a 12m payoff according to some reports. I hope we have more “pathetic fans” in the stadium show how much he is appreciated at United next time he shows up.

Artimities

| #mufc do not anticipate any movement on Harry Maguire after a £30m move to West Ham collapsed. Maguire rejected United's offer of a £6m pay-off and is understood to have wanted around double that. [@samuelluckhurst]

https://x.com/centredevils/status/1694317544688021782?s=46&t=eCh5Esnz8Fe5EecBqMstPA

& I was ridiculed for posting a sun report he wanted around 15M for leaving - seems like Custis has got some level of contacts at the club this time round, been early on a few things lately
I'm all for paying him what is owed. The club made that mistake. The wages he is on and the contract were silly and bad business is bad business. Having said that, it is in the interest of both parties to part ways at this point. plain and simple.

FerociousCorgis

hopefully EtH is working with a youth player to be the emergency 5th CB option and just lets maguire rot. Clearly he cares more about money than playing anyways. Not like he was gonna go broke playing for west ham-still wouldve made a good amount of money and been one of their highest paid players. Hope the money was worth it maguire.

Todd

I am not familiar enough with how football contracts work in Europe...what are these payoff amounts being based on?

Although I don't like Maguire and want him gone, I also believe that there's nothing wrong with either side expecting the other to live up to their end of the contract.

I'd hate to say it but if the club really want him gone, I don't blame him a bit for expecting to be paid every penny he's owed according to his contract.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I am not familiar enough with how football contracts work in Europe...what are these payoff amounts being based on?

Although I don't like Maguire and want him gone, I also believe that there's nothing wrong with either side expecting the other to live up to their end of the contract.

I'd hate to say it but if the club really want him gone, I don't blame him a bit for expecting to be paid every penny he's owed according to his contract.
Salary difference

West Ham only can pay 100k per week. He's on 200k per week for another day years.

So Harry would want 100k x 52 x 2 around 20M for wage parity. Or something like that but the principle is the same.

I dont mind moving teams, I juat dont want to loose money

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Salary difference

West Ham only can pay 100k per week. He's on 200k per week for another day years.

So Harry would want 100k x 52 x 2 around 20M for wage parity. Or something like that but the principle is the same.

Last week was 7m, this week is 12m, next week there will be report saying Maguire wants 15 to 20m payoff.

clarkydaz

players would hardly move if thats the case. His time is up and time to move on, players usually accept it and start another chapter of their career. It says a lot for him he has no ambition or drive to play football, after already a year being on the bench. Genuinely cant think of a worse captain weve had

glasgow 21

Salary difference

West Ham have players on more than 100k, but on your figures the disparity adds up to 10.4m. We offered 6m. I still think there was a middle ground of 8m but most importantly Maquire doesn't want to join West Ham.

Nogho

There is also the problem to have proper tempo and awareness when picked to play after a couple of months on the bench. If he was slow and clumsy before, imagine now. Maybe it would be better to play someone else out of position instead.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Not true. The story about him wanting 12M after being offered 6M was out there at the beginning of last week, Luckhurst is just rehashing old news for clicks today. How much does Pepe want again?
Pepe? no clue. Arsenal definitely needs to pay him off and let him leave for free as well. If not he will be in the team and compete with Saka for the RW spot.

fallengt

I don't get it. Reportedly, West Ham offered 120k/w so it's just 60k/w for 2 years. 6M should be enough to cover that.
Why does he think he deserve double that?

RedDevil@84

There is nothing wrong. But the expectation is that a player doesn't want to rot on the bench and hence will reach a compromise on the amount pending.
In this case, neither the player nor the club were in the "whatever it takes" mode.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I don't get it. Reportedly, West Ham offered 120k/w so it's just 60k/w for 2 years. 6M should be enough to cover that.
Why does he think he deserve double that?
Actually he's on 210K because of CL qualification now so that's 90K a week difference so that's over 9m + I suspect there's a loyalty bonus on top of that + a raise again if we qualify for CL next season

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Moyes by all accounts fancies Harry (and why not? He's a good player given the right setup).

Now, if we assume that United are willing to go some way to compensate him for lost wages (and this isn't a random assumption, it has been reported all over the place), it really would be positively idiotic of him to nix a West Ham deal over...what? How much money? Is that money really worth remaining at United as a high-profile (now: in a bad way, as a feckin' meme) player not fancied by the boss when he could be a default starter for West Ham?

Red_toad

Waiting for our Saudi overlords to bring forth a 35 million bid and offer him 400k a week.
But West Ham were the only club to genuinely have an interest, so now we‘re stuck with him and he’s going to get a reaction from the fans as he’s holding the club back.

Plastic Evra

Also back when this move was hot, I read on a WH forum someone mentioning a signing bonus of 5,5m£. Whether that's accurate or not it remains any signing bonus would probably factor in the negociation of how any revenue differential would be calculated.
A first bid of 20m£ was rejected : Would West Ham have been more enthusiast about shouldering a bigger upfront bonus that would have made Maguire whole if that's indeed the issue ?

Anyhow, WH bought another CB, they're not getting the Paqueta money it seems, I don't think they're coming back for Harry. It was a once a summer chance for what we all knew was a difficult deal because of Maguire inflated value. I don't know who else could want him this summer at such prices when there's so many alternatives.

I think he moves next year.

worldinmotion66

There’s a lot of facetious people in this thread claiming that they’d just give up millions to go and join a West Ham side that narrowly avoided relegation and play some of the most negative football under David Moyes. It’s definitely not the simple decision that many claim.

FerociousCorgis

There’s a lot of facetious people in this thread claiming that they’d just give up millions to go and join a West Ham side that narrowly avoided relegation and play some of the most negative football under David Moyes. It’s definitely not the simple decision that many claim.
if EtH continues with how he has been i think it is. West Ham are a premier league team. He wouldve been their starter, rumor was also talking of captain (not sure on that). If he is a starter with West Ham then Southgate has his excuse to continue playing him and Maguire gets one last shot at the Euros. Maguire still gets paid well overall to play a game for a living, and gets to maximize the last couple of years of his playing career.

Or instead with him staying he will hardly feature, maybe get minutes here or there. Southgate will be under immense pressure to not bring him to euros, and think he will have to leave him off the team once maguire continues to get no starts here and very limited time overall. Maguire wastes one of his last years of his career with not playing, and gets to collect his slightly higher checks than he wouldve at West Ham. Footballers have a limited time frame on their career, and he has made a decent amount of money throughout his contract here. I hope the last bit of cash is worth his Euros spot.