Maguire needs to be replaced

Blood Mage

Hopefully the next manager has the balls to drop him. His head looks gone right now and he's totally unfit.

Zoo

Wouldn't surprise me if that was put out by someone in Maguires camp.
It's been a concern with Ole throughout. Remember in 2019 when Lingard was rushed back from a hamstring injury after a couple of weeks and broke down on the pitch against Liverpool along with 2 other players.

Flying_Heckfish

It's been a concern with Ole throughout. Remember in 2019 when Lingard was rushed back from a hamstring injury after a couple of weeks and broke down on the pitch against Liverpool along with 2 other players.
Rashford played most of last season injured

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Agree. Just possibly happened with Varane against Atlanta.

My point is it seems like a fluff piece put out there to excuse his poor performances even if there is some truth to it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Right now Maguire is every bit the walking mistake that Bailly is.
Massively disagree with you on this.

Bailly for me was at fault for the second goal last night - he was ball watching and didn't go with the run, Maguire had to step up in order to try and force an offside due to Baillys mistake.

Bailly was also massively out of position for the first goal too, one slight defection past him and hes in no mans land.

Bailly was culpable in both goals, yet also saved potential goals by spectacular blocks.

Flytan

Our manager is literally ruining people's carers because he's too much of a coward to use the players he gave new contracts too. This isn't the first time. Rashford played injured. Lingard was rushed back before. Who knows about varane now too

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Something tells me you're not open to listening to another opinion. Even though you're completely wrong.
You are correct, I'm not open to listening to another opinion. Because there is nothing to listen to, he's cack, end of. Oh and by the way, I'm right.

Gandalf

Our manager is literally ruining people's carers because he's too much of a coward to use the players he gave new contracts too. This isn't the first time. Rashford played injured. Lingard was rushed back before. Who knows about varane now too
Rubbish. Harry was passed fit by the medical team and claimed he was fit himself, his PR people are spinning this crap now to explain why he has been utter wank since coming back. Varane has picked up a completely different injury to the one he had recovered from so nice try but no cigar chief.

Flytan

Rubbish. Harry was passed fit by the medical team and claimed he was fit himself, his PR people are spinning this crap now to explain why he has been utter wank since coming back. Varane has picked up a completely different injury to the one he had recovered from so nice try but no cigar chief.
He was played (maguire) after one training season, this was said before the Leicester game. Stop making excuses for your boy

Gandalf

He was played (maguire) after one training season, this was said before the Leicester game. Stop making excuses for your boy
Who is "my boy"? I have been pretty clear about wanting Ole gone but that does not change the fact your previous post was utter rubbish that you made up to fit some weird conspiracy theory. You also mentioned players he gave contracts too, Ole has never given anyone a contract you pillock, that is not his job.

Flytan

Who is "my boy"? I have been pretty clear about wanting Ole gone but that does not change the fact your previous post was utter rubbish that you made up to fit some weird conspiracy theory. You also mentioned players he gave contracts too, Ole has never given anyone a contract you pillock, that is not his job.
So he doesn't decide when to play players. He doesn't decide when to give them new contracts. He doesn't actually train the players. So what exactly is his job?

Spoiler alert; he makes the decisions on who plays (including playing Maguire unfit), is involved in transfers (including wasting 70M on Sancho if Ole stays any longer, 30M on DVB), and wouldn't let DVB leave (promised him playing time, then lied about it) told Bailly he'd get time (played unfit Maguire), and refused to let Lingard go since he was an essential part of our squad (doesn't play except for 5-10 mins at a time). If it isn't his job, not only is he completely inept as a manager, he doesn't even have the responsibility to do anything a manager is supposed to do. Wanting him gone doesn't mean you aren't irrationally defending him for his constant mistakes across literally every facet of managing.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
There is a difference between being physically fit and being match fit (meaning that you are in the flow again, trust your body to do every movement and are generally sharp). Playing after just one training session can be to early to have that state again. He did not injure himself again, so he was physically able to survive the games, but the way he performed was horrible, so I would say he was not given time to get back to a decent level.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
There is a difference between being physically fit and being match fit (meaning that you are in the flow again, trust your body to do every movement and are generally sharp). Playing after just one training session can be to early to have that state again. He did not injure himself again, so he was physically able to survive the games, but the way he performed was horrible, so I would say he was not given time to get back to a decent level.
He was out for 3 weeks ffs. It's not like he missed months of football. Did his fitness go completely to shit in less than a month?

Flytan

You do realize he was deemed fit by the physio.
Fit or unfit he's a donkey and always will be.
He was deemed healthy by th physio, our manager should realize one training session doesn't make him match fit. He had a cb on the bench who recently got a new contract and was afraid to use him so he risked maguire's performance. Now maguire has played horribly since then. His confidence his shot. It could have a long term effect on his play. I agree he isn't the best, but he's certainly better than he's playing now and that's on our manager

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He was deemed healthy by th physio, our manager should realize one training session doesn't make him match fit. He had a cb on the bench who recently got a new contract and was afraid to use him so he risked maguire's performance. Now maguire has played horribly since then. His confidence his shot. It could have a long term effect on his play. I agree he isn't the best, but he's certainly better than he's playing now and that's on our manager
Since then? He's been horrible since the start of the season :lol: :lol:

sosolid4u09

It's not a question of "who for". Ole has to show that if you're playing shit, you will be dropped and someone else will be given a chance. Otherwise whats the point? He has his favourites who he refuses to drop regardless of form. That's unacceptable at a club like utd. The backups to shaw, maguire, mctominay, fred must feel like shit thanks to oles horrendous team selections.

lawliet354

You dont think he's been even worse since he was rushed back for Leicester?
He's been shit since the start of the season, Leicester's game was not the first time he made stupid mistake this season but the first time he's directly responsible for the goal

Flytan

He's been shit since the start of the season, Leicester's game was not the first time he made stupid mistake this season but the first time he's directly responsible for the goal
So a player that was struggling all season hurts himself and the manager chooses to play him with one training session.

Its on the manager man. Maguire is playing like shit, we all knew that, did ole think he would suddenly be good rushing him back from injury?

lawliet354

So a player that was struggling all season hurts himself and the manager chooses to play him with one training session.

Its on the manager man. Maguire is playing like shit, we all knew that, did ole think he would suddenly be good rushing him back from injury?
Yeah that's the thing majority of us been saying, why reward underperforming players? If a player is underperforming then it's the manager's job to do something about him, not just playing him constantly and hoping for different results.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
This maybe controversial to say, but we all know the power is with the players these days and has been since the Bosman ruling. We also know that many players (all?) have a basic contract which gets boosted based on trophys won/league position etc. I wonder if people like Maguire and also Pogba have just lost some motivation because they have realised that they are only going to get their basic money again?

Last edited:

Ole'sgunnarwin

Why are so few people forgetting this? He's made a big error in most matches all season.

Rolaholic

Pathetic excuse of a captain
Can't say anything in that thread is a surprise, he was unqualified for it from the offset and it added even more pressure to him to perform on top of the world record fee.

Just stupidity all around when it came to that decision that keeps compounding itself over time

L1nk

Pathetic excuse of a captain
The thing is for me is that you need at least 1 of 2 things to be a captain, especially at United, you either have to have been there and done it with the club, having won something for starters. Or if you are a newer player, you don't necesarily have to have been succesful at your previous club, but you have to have that strong personality that makes you a leader. Maguire doesn't posses either of these, so of course if serial winners and big personalities that demand nothing but the best, like Ronaldo and Varane, come into the club then you have to consider his captaincy being undermined, what's he got that they don't? It was a stupid decision, the only reason i can see it happened is because he's English.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The thing is for me is that you need at least 1 of 2 things to be a captain, especially at United, you either have to have been there and done it with the club, having won something for starters. Or if you are a newer player, you don't necesarily have to have been succesful at your previous club, but you have to have that strong personality that makes you a leader. Maguire doesn't posses either of these, so of course if serial winners and big personalities that demand nothing but the best, like Ronaldo and Varane, come into the club then you have to consider his captaincy being undermined, what's he got that they don't? It was a stupid decision, the only reason i can see it happened is because he's English.
Absolutely nothing. Ronaldo is more deserving in every single way.

JeffFromHK

One thing I really dislike about him, which I think is not being talked enough about by our fans, is that he has a really poor mentality and fighter spirit,

He always give up too early in the goals we concede, standing there like a spectator instead of trying to dash back to recover and defend at full speed. He has never done a last minute goal saving tackle like Bailly did last game or AWB's goal line clearance against wolves.

No wonder he got relegated 4 times

YouknowNani

Extra CB again today to babysit Maguire. Hopefully that's enough to keep him from making any more mistakes.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
A change of management won't make him justify his pricetag, but I would give him a chance under a new, competent regime before closing the book on him.

Litch

Tough call. You buy a new car but it won't start, so you buy a used older one that does. What do you do with the new car; sell it cheap cause it's broken, leave it on the drive whilst the value goes down or attempt to get it fixed? I think the only way it gets fixed, is for him to play himself into form.....