g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Maguire needs to be replaced

Matthew84!

Any Utd fan moaning about the celebration needs to give their head a wobble, I'm glad he scored and his celebration was great, hopefully do his confidence the world of good and come back to Utd better.

jasT1981

Disgraceful celebration, get the armband of him now. He may be doing alright for England recently but hes been terrible for Utd. Sticking his finger in the ear is essentially mocking the critics who have rightly been pointing out how bad he is.

el3mel

Any Utd fan moaning about the celebration needs to give their head a wobble, I'm glad he scored and his celebration was great, hopefully do his confidence the world of good and come back to Utd better.
I guess Roy Keane also needs to give his head a wobble according to your post because he thought the same.

MUFCAFC

Supports
Charlton, United
Was that Ian Wright saying “I probably would have done it”— you’re a striker mate!

Gotta agree with Keane, it is a little embarrassing. Wouldn’t make a big deal about it however, let’s hope he’s more solid from here on.

Roboc7

Pleased he scored but celebration is hilarious. what an idiot. Keane is spot on, shows how much standards have dropped that Maguire is our Captain.

Someone

Something
That celebration tells you all you need to know about him. If he has a shred of self awareness he'd know that he's been terrible and that any criticism was more than warranted. This is someone who thinks he's being treated unfairly. Keano is spot on about him. Embarrassing to have someone like him as a captain.

Blood Mage

I don't think I've disliked a United player as much since Di Maria. I'm sick of the sight of him.

CloneMC16

Nah Keane is a dick.
He is, but he's right here.

Maguire has shown how tone deaf he is with that celebration. He's scored against nobodies and acts like he's shown up his critics.

YouknowNani

Can't stand him as a player and after the celebration for his England goal tonight, I can't stand his character either. What exactly does he think he's proven by scoring for England? The guy clearly lacks awareness of how unbelievably poor he's been and is deluded to think that goal somehow is a middle finger to his doubters. His job is too defend and he's crap at it. He's a crap captain as well. Get him out of this club.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's more annoying that he seems to score with every header for England and for some reason can't hit the target for us than any celebration.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He is, but he's right here.

Maguire has shown how tone deaf he is with that celebration. He's scored against nobodies and acts like he's shown up his critics.
Like a United manager celebrating salvaging a point against Fulham at home

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Embarrassing, that. That celebration is all you need to know about the mentality of that man — @el3mel hit on the head in an earlier post.

I don’t mind if player scores for their country and celebrates like he has a point to prove, please don’t bring your shocking club form into it, though.

Plugging those ears in, as if to say; - the justified vilification of the worlds most expensive defender; United captain: is just white noise to me — and I’m not listening to any of it.

Grib

I'm more annoyed when he scored 2-1 (vs atalanta?) and ran off celebrating when we still needed another goal (or two really), instead of getting the fecking ball out of the net

Captain right

Zoo

I'm more annoyed when he scored 2-1 (vs atalanta?) and ran off celebrating when we still needed another goal (or two really), instead of getting the fecking ball out of the net
He scored the goal and ran back.

Lentwood

Christ some people on here are triggered. You realise this is OUR captain? There's people on here saying they HATE him?

The only reason Keane goes in so hard on the players is to try and defend his mate. There's only one person embarrassing Utd now, and it's not Harry Maguire!

Lyng

Christ some people on here are triggered. You realise this is OUR captain? There's people on here saying they HATE him?

The only reason Keane goes in so hard on the players is to try and defend his mate. There's only one person embarrassing Utd now, and it's not Harry Maguire!
That is NOT how a United captain should behave.
Keane has been critical of Ole as well. This has nothing to do with him.

YouknowNani

That's precisely the problem.

Lentwood

It has everything to do with it. Every single Utd player has been hung out to dry this year by a manager who has been ruthlessly exposed. These players have been hammered, round the clock, for two/three months now. Likes of Keane desperately trying to deflect the blame, when its obvious to everybody where the problem is.

RedDevil@84

True. On this forum, there are people who hate Woodward and Glazers. I mean can you BELIEVE it?
Against OUR own CEO and OWNERS!!!!!!!

el3mel

He's easily the worst captain I have seen for United in my life time. I don't think Ashley Young himself was as embarrassing of a captain as him.

Zoo

He hasn’t though. He has been a hypocrite. I don’t mind him being savage but then he should be fair and do so with Ole but he won’t do that. Keane is nothing but a rent-a-quote caricature nowadays.

RedDribble

Supports
Dortmund, Barcelona

Do some people really think that your boss (in this case the manager) can control everything?
Half of the goals United have conceded for the last 3 weeks are from stupid mistakes and Maguire had a huge role on it.
No matter how shitty the tactics are those mistakes are unacceptable.

Maguire really needs some time out and think about what his duties are and look back at his performance, because the last few ones are laughable.

JonnyIreland

Keano is spot on here.. I know he likes to sensationalize sometimes, but Maguire seems to be showing a severe lack of self-awareness and humility. It’s Albania ffs.. even Kane managed a hat trick (maybe I’m joking, maybe I’m not)

mark_a

Cracking goal. Crap celebration as he's been dire for us. Hope he kicks on from this & his confidence is back up, as well as his ability to play football.

Keane is right, but I wish he wouldn't always take the bait to have a pop at United or United players on TV. Roy's fantastic and a total legend, but unware that he's a pantomime baddie for TV

Lentwood

Do some people really think that your boss (in this case the manager) can control everything?
Half of the goals United have conceded for the last 3 weeks are from stupid mistakes and Maguire had a huge role on it.
No matter how shitty the tactics are those mistakes are unacceptable.

Maguire really needs some time out and think about what his duties are and look back at his performance, because the last few ones are laughable.
The reason mistakes are being made and players are being exposed is because the team is set-up to play a suicidal high-line/high-press with less organisation and tactical nous than my Sunday League pub team.

Honestly, you could put any defender you like in world football in our side and they would look just as bad.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Reminds me of Dowling's celebration when he scored a goal after going something like three seasons without scoring/assisting.
He put his finger to his mouth as if one goal in three years was the perfect answer to his critics

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The reason mistakes are being made and players are being exposed is because the team is set-up to play a suicidal high-line/high-press with less organisation and tactical nous than my Sunday League pub team.

Honestly, you could put any defender you like in world football in our side and they would look just as bad.
Keane has rightly called him out, and if he's been playing injured (which might explain some things) that's on Ole. Swap Maguire with any top defender and they'd likely not be making the plethora of mistakes he's been making recently. See Varane.

Lentwood

Keane has rightly called him out, and if he's been playing injured (which might explain some things) that's on Ole. Swap Maguire with any top defender and they'd likely not be making the plethora of mistakes he's been making recently. See Varane.
What do you mean 'see Varane'?

Nobody said anything about anybody being injured.