Maguire needs to be replaced

Teja

Man you guys are really bitter.

I'm happy for him, hope he picks up form again. I don't mind that celebration at all.

"Disgrace for the last few years" - That's Roy Keane, not Maguire.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What do you mean 'see Varane'?

Nobody said anything about anybody being injured.
"you could put any defender you like in world football in our side and they would look just as bad"

That's why I said see Varane. He's looked very good since coming in, assured, composed, snuffs out danger, silky on the ball, and he's just joined from another league.

SER19

Sorry but Keane is 100% right. Its genuinely embarrassing seeing the captain of United doing that against bloody Albania after a careers worth of mistakes in the last few months.

frostbite

Am I the only one who thinks our captain should be a "bad boy"?

My test question always is this: "Would Cantona ever do THAT?".

Of course, Maguire did not have the impact Cantona had, I am not comparing the two. But on the other hand, I wouldn't want our captain to be a boy scout that always says and does "the right thing" as the public relations office would want him to.

With that celebration, Maguire shows emotion, shows that he cares, shows that he wants to answer with his performance, shows that he wants to contribute not just get paid. I respect that. It is a good thing in my opinion.

Lentwood

David De Gea needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known David De Gea has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

When has he ever pushed us on? When has he lifted the team in a moment of difficulty? When has he settled us down when we are under the kosh?

Luke Shaw needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known Luke Shaw has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

When has he ever pushed us on? When has he lifted the team in a moment of difficulty? When has he settled us down when we are under the kosh?

Aaron Wan-Bissaka needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known AWB has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

Victor Lindelof needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known Lindelof has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

Fred needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known Fred has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

Scott McTominay needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known McTominay has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

Paul Pogba needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known Pogba has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

See....when it basically works for your entire defence and central midfield players, all of whom are International footballers, then maybe, maybe the problem might lie elsewhere?

Resch

Maguire is not the perfect defender, he does not control chaos and controlling chaos is needed under Ole. Give Maguire a coach, who knows how to drill and command his team and he will deliver.

Lentwood

"you could put any defender you like in world football in our side and they would look just as bad"

That's why I said see Varane. He's looked very good since coming in, assured, composed, snuffs out danger, silky on the ball, and he's just joined from another league.
But he has barely played....and also, no he hasn't! He has simply played in much kinder fixtures and still our midfield/defence has been run ragged! See Wolves, Villarreal, Young Boys or Aston Villa.

Had Varane played in the Derby and/or against Liverpool, guarantee it would have made no difference

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Embarrassing, that. That celebration is all you need to know about the mentality of that man — @el3mel hit on the head in an earlier post.

I don’t mind if player scores for their country and celebrates like he has a point to prove, please don’t bring your shocking club form into it, though.

Plugging those ears in, as if to say; - the justified vilification of the worlds most expensive defender; United captain: is just white noise to me — and I’m not listening to any of it.
Bolding, underlining, AND italicizing? I’m gonna need you to calm down and stop being over the top.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
But he has barely played....and also, no he hasn't! He has simply played in much kinder fixtures and still our midfield/defence has been run ragged! See Wolves, Villarreal, Young Boys or Aston Villa.

Had Varane played in the Derby and/or against Liverpool, guarantee it would have made no difference
I'd take two Varanes over a Varane+Maguire partnership any day, personally. But that's not the point really. I think Maguire is a good centre back, definitely our 2nd best centre back, while it's an open question whether he fits into a progressive style of play. What I think is hard to debate, which you are doing, is that his individual form has been shocking since Leicester (and it was poor prior to picking up that injury this season). And it's contributed to our shit shows recently, though of course most of that has to do with the manager and coaching staff.

SJM

Christ some people on here are triggered. You realise this is OUR captain? There's people on here saying they HATE him?

The only reason Keane goes in so hard on the players is to try and defend his mate. There's only one person embarrassing Utd now, and it's not Harry Maguire!
I don’t ‘hate‘ him but I’m not going to be blind to someone’s faults just because he’s OUR captain. Same goes for OUR manager, for that matter.

I’m willing to give all the players a clean slate when a new manager (hopefully) comes in. Including Maguire. But that embarrassing celebration does indicate a weak attitude.

ICB

Supports
Arsenal
He reminds me so much of Xhaka, both get justifiably criticised for terrible performances consistently at the top level.They think they’re above it and when they score a goal/have one good game against a not so great team they think they can pipe up as if they’re sticking a pie in everyone’s face.

Both are/were “captains” and held big responsibility and seniority at the club. Instead of trying to fix their performances they just show they only care about themselves in situations like these. Comes down to one word really, narcissism.

…Or delusion!

Lentwood

I'd take two Varanes over a Varane+Maguire partnership any day, personally. But that's not the point really. I think Maguire is a good centre back, definitely our 2nd best centre back, while it's an open question whether he fits into a progressive style of play. What I think is hard to debate, which you are doing, is that his individual form has been shocking since Leicester (and it was poor prior to picking up that injury this season). And it's contributed to our shit shows recently, though of course most of that has to do with the manager and coaching staff.
I don't disagree about Varane btw, I rate Varane highly. I am also not saying Maguire is faultless, or the best CB in the world. My point is, Maguire this season is on a hiding to nothing. I didn't mention the injury, but since you bought it up, he clearly wasn't fit against Leicester and I'll admit, that was a poor individual performance. Since then, we have been torn apart by Liverpool and City, but I would argue that the fault is not with any individual in those games. We have been torn apart by exceptional sides and exceptional coaches who have ruthlessly exposed our amateur-style tactics.

Also, I don't rate Fred, but I don't come on here saying I hate him or he is a disgrace. He's just a lad trying his best for the club that isn't quite up to it, in my opinion. But that also doesn't mean I blame him for all our problems. He's been made to look worse than he is, again because the manager has hung them all out to dry.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't disagree about Varane btw, I rate Varane highly. I am also not saying Maguire is faultless, or the best CB in the world. My point is, Maguire this season is on a hiding to nothing. I didn't mention the injury, but since you bought it up, he clearly wasn't fit against Leicester and I'll admit, that was a poor individual performance. Since then, we have been torn apart by Liverpool and City, but I would argue that the fault is not with any individual in those games. We have been torn apart by exceptional sides and exceptional coaches who have ruthlessly exposed our amateur-style tactics.

Also, I don't rate Fred, but I don't come on here saying I hate him or he is a disgrace. He's just a lad trying his best for the club that isn't quite up to it, in my opinion. But that also doesn't mean I blame him for all our problems. He's been made to look worse than he is, again because the manager has hung them all out to dry.
Yeah, I agree largely with that. I do think there have been some inexcusable individual mistakes, like how Shaw made an absolute mess of that 2nd goal against City and there have been a lot of examples that you can't just explain away through poor coaching, but the common denominator of the very low performance level and aimlessness of the team is of course the manager and coaching staff.

AneRu

Bolding, underlining, AND italicizing? I’m gonna need you to calm down and stop being over the top.
But he is right though, Maguire has been shocking and goal against fecking San Marino or whoever ain't going to change that. Where was he when City and Liverpool were putting 7 unanswered goals past him on our own turf, in the theater of dream. This just proves that he is an unambitious Muppet like the manager and the CEO who signed him.

Mainoldo

He reeks of the pin up of this stupid cultural rest and for that alone I hope he’s the first one out the door. Mediocre, bland, boring arrogance.

Get rid.

Xanther

Utd have, for about 12 years, so severely lacked quality instruction and effective tactics that players suffer and will continue to suffer when they join. It doesn't matter if it's Maguire, Pogba, Sancho, whoever. On occasion it works fine, like with Fernandes, but even then that's only because he's given free reign to do whatever the hell he wants.

It's no point complaining about Maguire, he looks good for England against all levels of competition and looked good for Leicester. Him not playing for a top club prior is no slight against him.

He's just another victim

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I can't stand him, to be perfectly honest.

A shit player, an extremely uninspiring "leader" and the poster boy for our descent into a banter club. I'll celebrate with a drink the day he leaves this club.

Of course, Maguire did not have the impact Cantona had, I am not comparing the two. But on the other hand, I wouldn't want our captain to be a boy scout that always says and does "the right thing" as the public relations office would want him to.

With that celebration, Maguire shows emotion, shows that he cares, shows that he wants to answer with his performance, shows that he wants to contribute not just get paid. I respect that. It is a good thing in my opinion.
That's not being a bad-boy. It's being childish and delusional. What is he actually thinking at that moment?

"Since my return from injury, I'm directly responsible for conceding 10 goals in half a dozen games putting my club in freefall but a goal against these no-marks in this meaningless game (sorry to any Albanians on Redcafe!) will shut everyone up."

Watch Josh King dismantle him in a week. Lets see him do the "Can't hear youuuu" then.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This place. fecking hell. Our captain has scored and maybe (just maybe) regained some confidence. He’s cupped his ears, not to united fans, but to those who are essentially trying to turn him into Phil Jones 2.0 with the meme treatment. And you still have people on here chastising him for it.

We’re a much better team with an inform Harry Maguire, so let’s hope he has turned a corner. Jesus Christ

KjaAnd

When you're being (rightfully) criticized by your own fans for playing an integral part in embarassing their club time and time again, it doesn't look too good when you celebrate a meaningless England-goal by basically telling them to shut up.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Man you guys are really bitter.

I'm happy for him, hope he picks up form again. I don't mind that celebration at all.

"Disgrace for the last few years" - That's Roy Keane, not Maguire.
You are so ffffing wrong it’s incredible.
Maguire is a plank.
Roy is possibly the greatest captain this club ever had.
You know those shiny silvery things called trophies? Roy lifted a lot of them for this club .
Maguire seems intent on creating a record for comedy errors that lead to goals conceded .

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
This place. fecking hell. Our captain has scored and maybe (just maybe) regained some confidence. He’s cupped his ears, not to united fans, but to those who are essentially trying to turn him into Phil Jones 2.0 with the meme treatment. And you still have people on here chastising him for it.

We’re a much better team with an inform Harry Maguire, so let’s hope he has turned a corner. Jesus Christ
[/QUOTE
Phil Jones >’Maguire.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

Against Albania ffs! Get a fffing hold of yourself.
There’s no glory in being a flat track bully.

Lentwood

I don’t ‘hate‘ him but I’m not going to be blind to someone’s faults just because he’s OUR captain. Same goes for OUR manager, for that matter.

I’m willing to give all the players a clean slate when a new manager (hopefully) comes in. Including Maguire. But that embarrassing celebration does indicate a weak attitude.
There's criticism and proper analysis of a players' strengths and weaknesses and then there's just idiocy. For me, if someone claiming to be a United fan comes on here claiming to hate our captain or our manager, for that matter, I have to question whether that person is actually a supporter.

There's loads of our current crop I don't particularly think are amazing. I don't rate the manager or our coaches. I don't hate them though. Plus, what winds me up is that rent-a-quote Keane is just trying to find any excuse to put our players down and defend his mate at this point. Whatever people think of our players right now, I can't accept that they are not trying. They are all giving everything they have, like they have always done for Ole, but they are just being let down by terrible tactics and organisation.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Think he just got carried away to be honest. Hopefully he starts performing for us because he’s been non-existant this season in every single form so far.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Maguire is one of those guys that will bully the year under him and run away and hide from the year above in school.

What a wet wipe.

AFC NimbleThumb

The cretins yelling ‘My captain’ sure have wind their necks in. The mans a glorified Whatsapp admin, organised a bloody team dinner & the Caf went wild. You get what you ask for.

KingCavani

Brilliant from Keane, a man who knows the standards that should be set by a captain at United.

Maguire is a disgrace and getting small time characters like that into the squad are a large prt of why there’s no accountability in the team. He needs to be dropped immediately under new management.

KingCavani

David De Gea needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known David De Gea has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

Luke Shaw needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known Luke Shaw has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

Aaron Wan-Bissaka needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known AWB has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

Victor Lindelof needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known Lindelof has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

Fred needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known Fred has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

Scott McTominay needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known McTominay has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

Paul Pogba needs to be replaced

This is not an overreaction to him being at fault for a bunch of goals this season. United fans have always known Pogba has plenty of weaknesses in his game. This is a judgement on his performance this season

See....when it basically works for your entire defence and central midfield players, all of whom are International footballers, then maybe, maybe the problem might lie elsewhere?
It’s almost like we’re a pretty awful United team whose standards should be higher. A lot of those players have failed under multiple managers too.

All of the those are expendable, some would make decent squad players but not one of them has proven reliable or consistent enough that they should feel comfortable with their place.

Some have already been dropped which undermines your point further. Maguire plays every minute of every game and has been nothing short of abysmal. Any club with standards or any manager with self respect would have given others a chance. It’s shameful that he’s trotted out there week in week out playing like a clown with no consequences.

lilcurt

He is just really unlikable and for me symbolises all that is wrong with the club today.

Mediocre, lacks standards, overlay apologetic, lacks ambition and ultimately forgettable.

AFC NimbleThumb

He is just really unlikable and for me symbolises all that is wrong with the club today.

Mediocre, lacks standards, overlay apologetic, lacks ambition and ultimately forgettable.
This is how I’ve felt & have been banging the drum since he was given the captaincy out of nowhere. He epitomises the mediocrity that the fanbase get behind under this regime. The amount of posters who will start there posts with ‘he’s been bad this season but. . .’ despite multiple posts in here showing errors since he joined us truly baffling.

Our captain is a man that does a knee slide after scoring versus albania yet keeps quiet after most losses, he was forced to talk after Liverpool & we saw how that went.
That's Harry for ya...

I bet he has his steak well done too.
Firstly, I need to spellcheck my posts. That ones horrendous. Secondly, :lol:

Zoo

Brilliant from Keane, a man who knows the standards that should be set by a captain at United.

Maguire is a disgrace and getting small time characters like that into the squad are a large prt of why there’s no accountability in the team. He needs to be dropped immediately under new management.
Yet doesn’t seem to know the standards that should be set by a United manager. I wonder why? Keane is a clown.

lawliet354

That celebration feels like a slap in the face tbh, why would you actually do that with your club's current state ffs, what a tone-deaf idiot