Maguire | NOT McGuire or MacGuire

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
I know but surely one would suffice? They still have Benalouane, Morgan and Fuchs can play there too. Don't think there's a need for 5 centre-backs for a club won't aren't in Europe this season.
Morgan is finished, Benalouane is shit, Fuchs can barely play his natural position any more let alone centre back. Morgan, Benalouane and Fuchs are all out of contract in the summer and Maguire will probably be gone if he has a good season. Leaving one barely fit Evans on the books come July next year.

Are two completely necessary, No. But it makes perfect sense considering the situation to get them in now if we can. We'd then look to shift Benalouane before the foreign window shuts.

Josep Dowling

Indeed. Identity is essential to forging dynasties - Barcelona and Juve have seen immediate returns to prominence in the past decade when they began embracing domestic talent again. Liverpool reached a European Cup final with AOX, Milner, Henderson, Gomez, Trent AA, Robertson etc....

It’s outrageous that you have to explain the importance of an indigenous identity to United fans, especially ones who are only such because of the unprecedentedly
glorious Ferguson era that embraced and benefitted from it.

Such moronic snobbery saw the club spend twice as much on Lindelof last summer as what Maguire cost Leicester, despite his impressive performances for Hull against the United. The same applies to Robertson; Ferguson used to be all over these kind of signings.
Spot on, it comes back to the scouts again and how bad a job they do for this club. They don't identify young talent anymore, especially from the UK.

RedNed77

The Guardian were mocking his lack of pace in the transfer rumours section this morning. I've never really paid attention to it, so for those who have watched him more, or Leicester fans, is he notably slow?

Minimalist

The Guardian were mocking his lack of pace in the transfer rumours section this morning. I've never really paid attention to it, so for those who have watched him more, or Leicester fans, is he notably slow?
He ain't quick, that's for sure.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Spending 70m or something like that on him is pure panic buying. Have there been any rumours regarding us trying to stick unwanted players into a potential deal?

RedNed77

He ain't quick, that's for sure.
The Guardians quote on this;

"It’s all falling into place for José. If by “all” you mean dramatically over-paying for a defender who is perfectly good, but is ultimately slower than mince and United wouldn’t be looking at twice if it wasn’t for the World Cup."

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He’s pretty slow. Once he gets going he’s fine, but he can be a little cumbersome. He’s clever at negating the drawbacks of his lack of acceleration though, it’s rare to see him on toast because of it.

Neo_Mufc

Where are SSN getting this shite from regarding Maguire.

"Hopes Man Utd will sign him before transfer window."

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
people look at him and assume he's slow because of his build yet I have never seen him done for pace

RedNed77

people look at him and assume he's slow because of his build yet I have never seen him done for pace
Fair enough, I was hoping you'd offer an opinion as you watch him most weeks. Thanks bud.

Genuine question, if Leicester were swapping him directly for Smalling or Jones, would you be massively put out? I.E. would either of those be a big downgrade on him?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Fair enough, I was hoping you'd offer an opinion as you watch him most weeks. Thanks bud.

Genuine question, if Leicester were swapping him directly for Smalling or Jones, would you be massively put out? I.E. would either of those be a big downgrade on him?
I'd take Smalling and a shit tonne of cash and be satisfied, wouldn't touch Jones, too much of a crock, they (Smalling and Maguire) are totally different types of defender though so it wouldn't be a like for like swap or comparison
Hand in a transfer request you bolder head.

You get one career. Push it.
its Slab head, get it right

RedNed77

I'd take Smalling and a shit tonne of cash and be satisfied, wouldn't touch Jones, too much of a crock, they (Smalling and Maguire) are totally different types of defender though so it wouldn't be a like for like swap or comparison
I would probably take Maguire plus a shit load of cash for Smalling or Jones and be reasonably happy.

JMack1234

Maguire isn't the sort of character to cause a proper fuss. I wouldn't be overly surprised if this is all PR from Leicester and we bottle it and pay a kings ransom for him on deadline day.

Davs

Without the World Cup, Maguire wouldn't even be a thought. If we do splash on him late in this window, it's going to be a massive panic buy in my opinion

TheReligion

Abusive
No one else think this is happening?

Leicester have signed another two CBs and the press are going with Maguire wants the move tonight. (Independent)

I think it'll be done.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Can’t believe one of those Twitter nuts suggested he was available for £35m. Leicester signed him for £17m from a Championship team and he had a good season for them, was probably one of their three best players. He was never going to go for anything less than £50m.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He is probably more attractive at 70m than Alderweireld from Woody's view because of the astronomical difference in wage demands.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
No one else think this is happening?

Leicester have signed another two CBs and the press are going with Maguire wants the move tonight. (Independent)

I think it'll be done.
Stop listening to that Kevah twat from Skybet, we wanted 2 more cbs because we want rid of Benalouane and lost Huth this summer

TheReligion

Abusive
Stop listening to that Kevah twat from Skybet, we wanted 2 more cbs because we want rid of Benalouane and lost Huth this summer
I'm not watching Sky actually, just noticed you'd signed two and also brought in Evans.

Certainly think there's something in it. Three new CBs in one window..

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Sky bets.

More outlandish stories..more bets..

Sky used to be the final word on transfers. Some of their claims in recent years are beyond laughable. And not even remotely true.
I actually read on here that they no longer own Sky bets.
Agree with you regarding their claims, the transfer window in general is hard to navigate with so much bullshit flying about.

Status
Not open for further replies.