Mahrez | Signed with City

Status
Not open for further replies.

forevrared

Usual nonsense being posted here. 60m is a huge fee and he's on mega wages. I think people have forgotten just how good Alexis is and will be very surprised next season. United don't need Mahrez. Id much rather keep Martial and add someone who will be happy to rotate and can play in a number of positions.

With regards to City.. Peps spend is phenomenal. Money v Pep indeed. Laughable.
No one's forgotten he was good at Arsenal, but he didn't come within a mile of that form at any point for United last season. He's still got a lot to prove in a United shirt.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I think some are getting carried away. Mahrez slots perfectly into the RW role at City, much better player than Sterling or Bernardo. He was more productive last season than any attacking midfielder at Utd. Additionally, Mahrez has his prime years still ahead of him. Sanchez has already started to decline, especially his decline in numbers is staggering.

The Sanchez deal was good because it was a swap with Mkhi, who is same age and nearly useless in the PL against any kind of good team.

But if you honestly pose the question who Utd needs more, then the answer would be Mahrez everytime, to fill in at RW, while Sanchez takes playing time from Martial and Rashford. Baffling squad planning.

TheReligion

Abusive
No one's forgotten he was good at Arsenal, but he didn't come within a mile of that form at any point for United last season. He's still got a lot to prove in a United shirt.
Hes been at united a few months..

Some perspective please. He helped us do city at their gaff and pissed on their title celebration.

forevrared

I expected more out of a Premier League-proven superstar than one good game after the title was decided -- especially given the ramifications of his signing and the impending departure of Martial. I acknowledge he's a great player, but he certainly hasn't shown it in a United shirt thus far.

Morpheus 7

Imagine the media if we spent that much on Mahrez. Helps there squad, expensive addition. Strange player Mahrez, looks great when he's on it but he's always been hit or miss. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

GM K

I expected more out of a Premier League-proven superstar than one good game after the title was decided -- especially given the ramifications of his signing and the impending departure of Martial. I acknowledge he's a great player, but he certainly hasn't shown it in a United shirt thus far.
No he hasn't shown much in a United short but we cannot write off a player of his calibre who joined us half way in a season after a miserable last many months at Arsenal and after a few years of playing consistently without a break. What were people expecting? Jose was spot on when he said we will see the best of Alexis after he gets a Summer rest and has a pre-season with the squad.
And by the way, he did show glimpses of what he can bring to the team once he gets firing again.

forevrared

I've not written him off, but I am calling a spade a spade and saying that he did not show enough in his first half season with us. I'm also admittedly very salty that he will be the one who pushes Martial out the door. Losing him will be a huge mistake.

This thread is about Mahrez, not about how well Sanchez performed/ didn’t perform over the past 6 months.

Personally would have loved Mahrez at Utd, but he’s been available for 18 months and we have never been in for him. Just seems such an obvious fit to fill the gaping hole we have on the right.

SSSSnake

Technically such a good player. I could see him fitting well here personally.

Judas

Open to offers
I just can't begin to be arsed about this move. He's a great player, he'll do well there, but they can only play 11 men at a time. Sooner or later, players will get fed up with not playing every week.

buckooo1978

Mahrez is a super player and would have fit in well on our Right hand side

fully expect him to go to the next level at City

Dudu

Can they just announce him already? This saga painfully keeps dragging on season after season.

Having said that, that is some worryingly serious attacking squad depth for City next season:

Mahrez
KDB
David Silva
Bernardo Silva
Sterling
Sane
Jesus
Aguero
I take it back. Long may it drag on..

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Can they just announce him already? This saga painfully keeps dragging on season after season.

Having said that, that is some worryingly serious attacking squad depth for City next season:

Mahrez
KDB
David Silva
Bernardo Silva
Sterling
Sane
Jesus
Aguero
I take it back. Long may it drag on..
How are they supposed to keep all of them happy, that's what I'd like to know.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How are they supposed to keep all of them happy, that's what I'd like to know.
Two maybe three of them are CMs in their system, so it's pretty much 5 player for 3 starting spots.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Quality signing.

Always wanted us to get him, he's a creative winger that has played for a defensive team his entire prem career (who also are not regularly a top team) and yet has still posted good numbers consistently.

City dominate games and possession both of which will suit Mahrez and allow him to become better IMO. If sterling can continue last seasons form then Mahrez may be reduced to rotation but if Sterling cannot muster the same levels of production next year I could easily see Mahrez taking his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.