Mahrez | Signed with City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafateria

BeinSports reporting €55m euro, 4 1/2 year deal to Liverpool. Medical tomorrow.

So how credible are BeinSports in reporting (I know they are huge in sports production) ?

Last edited:

Nero

Cryfest commence.

Good player, but nothing exceptional.

Silas

The transfer doesn't make sense to me, just like with Goretzka, so I'm not convinced.

If it's true, then that would be all of the Coutinho funds reinvested. Keita, VVD and Mahrez.

Last edited:

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
BeinSports reporting €55 euro, 4 1/2 year deal to Liverpool. Medical tomorrow.

So how credible are BeinSports in reporting (I know they are huge in sports production) ?
Seems awfully specific to be made up. Fee, contract length, date of medical. Didn´t play today for no apparent reason (afaik).

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Shame to see him go there when they have a great right sided attacker and we literally have nothing, yet can outprice Liverpool in fee and wages easily.

With the deals that our rivals get done, and how easily they appear to get them done, my satisfaction with our own board/Woodward/management has lowered dramatically over recent windows.

He's a player we need, that would get OT on their feet, which is what we deserve.

D. Mungai

Incredible to say the least,if United won't try and contest for his signature. VVD, Mahrez, Keita, looks to be good additions for Liverpool.

Silas

Shame to see him go there when they have a great right sided attacker and we literally have nothing, yet can outprice Liverpool in fee and wages easily.

With the deals that our rivals get done, and how easily they appear to get them done, my satisfaction with our own board/Woodward has lowered dramatically over recent windows.

He's a player we need, that would get OT on their feet, which is what we deserve.
How is it the board's fault if Mourinho doesn't want him?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Incredible to say the least,if United won't try and contest for his signature. VVD, Mahrez, Keita, looks to be good additions for Liverpool.
It's really not incredible. We don't try to sign most players.

diplomat

In my opinion, it doesn't matter who is at fault because our competition is looking to strengthen even more, whilst we haven't managed to capitalise on their poor patches of form with having one of our own and the fight for top 3, 2nd and 3rd more specific, is real at the moment.

Rhyme Animal

Edited to include management.

Whoever is deciding that we let these players go to our rivals without stepping in, I believe is making a big mistake.

I thought the same when Fergie allowed Hazard and Aguero to pass us by, and we all know how that turned out.

IrishRedDevil

We don't have a RW in our entire squad, yet here we have one tried and tested in the Premier League, at a good age, full of skill, and on the market for a respectable £50m, but we don't seem to be interested. He has 7 goals and 10 assists in the PL this season and we know he is capable of winning Player of the Year when playing for a good functioning team.

This will be another Mane situation, where it is obvious he is a decent player ready to make the step up and we watch that step up unfold at a rival club.

The usual guys will be in here saying we are overrating Mahrez, but then please tell me who United should sign that is better than Mahrez?

D. Mungai

It's really not incredible. We don't try to sign most players.
But for heavens sake,,, aaaarrrggghh, a player who can improve our right wing which without Valencia now makes our left wing (read Shaw) to look like Marcelo. But i trust Mourinho 100%

Nero

Some people just love to hype up any signing our rivals make. Any time City/Liverpool/Chelsea etc sign someone it's always a massive drama and the end of the world.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I'm not bothered since passing up on him means we have someone else in mind. There is no way RW is neglected for another summer.

With the deals that our rivals get done, and how easily they appear to get them done, my satisfaction with our own board/Woodward/management has lowered dramatically over recent windows.

Did you miss the VVD saga - how was that easy for Liverpool? Took them 6 months and £15-20m more than they should have paid if they didn’t tap him up!

Clearly we are not in for him, I’d love him at Utd, but he’s not on the agenda.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be a good signing for them given the timing.

I would have mixed feelings if we bought him though. Suspect he'd find it a lot easier in Liverpool's attack than ours.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Edited to include management.

Whoever is deciding that we let these players go to our rivals without stepping in, I believe is making a big mistake.

I thought the same when Fergie allowed Hazard and Aguero to pass us by, and we all know how that turned out.
You don't buy a player because a rival wants them.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

With the deals that our rivals get done, and how easily they appear to get them done, my satisfaction with our own board/Woodward has lowered dramatically over recent windows.

VVD took well over a transfer window, Keita ended up having to be done a year in advance for a premium, both Arsenal and Liverpool failed to get Lemar, City failed to sign Sanchez and a second leftback, Spurs failed to sign Martial.

In terms of easiness, we went from nothing to signing Lukaku in a matter of days. Matic was done fairly quickly once they got Bakayoko in and so was Lindelof. Only deal that was hard (and not done) was the Perisic one.

C'est Moi Cantona

He's been sat there ripe for the plucking for at least two years now, but no one has seemingly had much interest, just seems a bit odd, if this was the summer window I doubt they'd have bought him.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Weird one from the minute it gained traction earlier today, categorically denied and now an apparent deal fee medical and terms agreed. :annoyed:

izec

Was a lot of smoke lately. Think Mahrez was maybe the cheaper backup to Lemar and i imagine Monaco are not easy to deal with if you want a player in January. Mahrez will replace Coutinho output wise and offensively. Switch Salah or Mane to the other side

D. Mungai

I'm not bothered since passing up on him means we have someone else in mind. There is no way RW is neglected for another summer.
What if no one is in mind.
Remember our handling of central midfield after Hargreaves injuries. Its Mourinho who has handled our central midfield really well.. Matic and Pogba.
Moyes Fellaini, Lvg not to mention who he brought.

Silas

Was a lot of smoke lately. Think Mahrez was maybe the cheaper backup to Lemar and i imagine Monaco are not easy to deal with if you want a player in January. Mahrez will replace Coutinho output wise and offensively. Switch Salah or Mane to the other side
They play on either wing, so unless one of them is benched, all three can't start.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
BeinSports reporting €55m euro, 4 1/2 year deal to Liverpool. Medical tomorrow.

If the reporter in question is Tancredi Palmeri, I guess we can rule out that Mahrez joins Liverpool

Judas

Open to offers

Oh is it time for this myth again? If you obsess over other teams transfer business half as much as ours, you'd see they have just as many dragged out "sagas" as we do. We're not unique or different to anyone else.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Shame as he would be brilliant for us in that RW which we desperately need filling. He would’ve brought some excitement back to United.

He will do Well in that Liverpool team No doubt. Good signing if it comes off.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Probably be a decent signing, but he’s not a £50m player. Maybe I’m just getting old, but for that money you should still be expecting one of the best players in their position.

SwansonsTache

Probably be a decent signing, but he’s not a £50m player. Maybe I’m just getting old, but for that money you should still be expecting one of the best players in their position.
£50m get you exactly one Gylfi Sigurdsson these days.

IrishRedDevil

You've kept up to date with transfer fees, right? Have you seen what £142m buys you these days?

SwansonsTache

Sanchez will go for less than that.
He has 6 months left on his deal, they either take a cut price for him or lose him for free in the summer.

With 3+ years on his deal he would have been a £100m player.

Rhyme Animal

You don't buy a player because a rival wants them.
No, you buy them because you desperately need them. As we do with Mahrez.

Desperately needing them, and then watching them go to a poorer rival is what takes the biscuit for me.

VVD took well over a transfer window, Keita ended up having to be done a year in advance for a premium, both Arsenal and Liverpool failed to get Lemar, City failed to sign Sanchez and a second leftback, Spurs failed to sign Martial.

In terms of easiness, we went from nothing to signing Lukaku in a matter of days. Matic was done fairly quickly once they got Bakayoko in and so was Lindelof. Only deal that was hard (and not done) was the Perisic one.
I see your point, and I was (and still am) happy with the Rom and Matic signings.

But how long did it actually take us, as a club, to sign a sensibly aged top CF? It took fecking years, despite us being able to outprice almost everyone, and yeah, LvG is mental, but even still, you'd just think there'd be someone within the club talking sense.

You know, I can't help it, on this topic (Mahrez) my feelings are negative toward the club. With some transfers I understand that I basically know feck all compared to the management, but every now and then there's a transfer so fecking obvious that you just know it'll be talked about in hindsight as a "what the feck where we thinking" moment...

Hazard, Aguero, Mane all spring to mind. And for me, as it stands right now, this one is the most obvious of them all.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He has 6 months left on his deal, they either take a cut price for him or lose him for free in the summer.

With 3+ years on his deal he would have been a £100m player.
I know why Sanchez will be cut-price, but they are the kind of deals you have to identify in such a crazy market. £100m for good, but not great, players is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.