Television Making a Murderer (Netflix Documentary) - Spoilers from Page 2

Thisistheone

I'm sure I've read that Steven's lawyer is trying to bring that phone call into evidence and the Facebook posts after which contradict everything.
Interesting. If she left then Bobby and Scott lied in court and their stories must be inadmissable? Not that I have a clue about law.

lsd

The Oracle
Feckin joke the most biased documentary series I've ever seen gets a clearly guilty man a retrial

The amount of real innocent people in jail that just suffer.

This is why Trump won tell the same lie enough times and the majority of people are so gullible let they buy it

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Feckin joke the most biased documentary series I've ever seen gets a clearly guilty man a retrial

This is why Trump won tell the same lie enough times and the majority of people are so gullible let they buy it
I don't think he's being offered a an appeal based on the show. Obviously, if he has been granted an appeal, it's because a judge or number of judges decided the case warrants an appeal.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's guilty, but I don't believe the hype has been enough for him to be granted an appeal.

arnie_ni

Do you follow it at all?

From what I've read, obviously all second hand, the government/police/whoever returned the bones found in the quarry to the halbach family to bury.

They said were animal bones during the trial and would have through a massive spanner in the works to their theory on how avery killed her had they been proven to actually her bones.

The issue appears to be twofold:

They are her bones and they lied in court thus he didnt get a fair trial.

They aren't her bones and they gave them away so his lawyer can no longer test them for dna, thus not allowing him a fair appeal and could get released on this technicality.

Whether he is guilty or not isn't the question anymore. He didnt get a fair trial and he may very well get released on a technicality.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Do you follow it at all?

From what I've read, obviously all second hand, the government/police/whoever returned the bones found in the quarry to the halbach family to bury.

They said were animal bones during the trial and would have through a massive spanner in the works to their theory on how avery killed her had they been proven to actually her bones.

The issue appears to be twofold:

They are her bones and they lied in court thus he didnt get a fair trial.

They aren't her bones and they gave them away so his lawyer can no longer test them for dna, thus not allowing him a fair appeal and could get released on this technicality.

Whether he is guilty or not isn't the question anymore. He didnt get a fair trial and he may very well get released on a technicality.
This. If he is guilty and gets out, the police are to blame for the way they handled the investigation.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
This is where i am. Im still in 2 minds whether or not he's guilty or not
I'd have to hear a more credible series of events to be convinced of his guilt. The thing in the bedroom with the chains etc I don't believe as theres no way all DNA and blood would have been removed. I feel the same about the garage shooting theory. Brendan's confession was clearly bullshit. The whole prosecution was a mess really.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Seeing a lot of things on Twitter about another inmate confessing to murdering Teresa Halbach..... Is this a load of shit because they are doing another series or actually legit?

lsd

The Oracle
Seeing a lot of things on Twitter about another inmate confessing to murdering Teresa Halbach..... Is this a load of shit because they are doing another series or actually legit?

It's a load of shit as Avery is clearly guilty

Tarrou

Probably some lifer looking for attention. At least Zellner has something to talk about in the next season though.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Interesting though. Even if it is some guy trying to make some money for family or whatever it will make me watch probably.

Marcelinho87

It's a load of shit as Avery is clearly guilty
I don't think he is.

I think he is weird as feck but don't think he murdered her. Why would he be stupid enough to leave the car when he has the facilities to crush them completely? Then all of a sudden he is a forensic expert with the ability to make blood disappear?

Nah he was framed purely because the state has an hard on for him.

fergieisold

I don't think he is.

I think he is weird as feck but don't think he murdered her. Why would he be stupid enough to leave the car when he has the facilities to crush them completely? Then all of a sudden he is a forensic expert with the ability to make blood disappear?

Nah he was framed purely because the state has an hard on for him.
I suspect he didn't do it but can't know for sure! I wonder if it was one of the family members though.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
What I don't get is why a dumb redneck who is also a wife beater and have previous of violence needs a documentary when there are actually decent human beings imprisoned for crimes they didn't do.

Marcelinho87

What I don't get is why a dumb redneck who is also a wife beater and have previous of violence needs a documentary when there are actually decent human beings imprisoned for crimes they didn't do.
Because he has been imprisoned TWICE wrongly and it would literally bankrupt the state if this goes his way.... No other case would be this huge.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Because he has been imprisoned TWICE wrongly and it would literally bankrupt the state if this goes his way.... No other case would be this huge.
But still feels wrong to focus on this one person and forget about all the actual decent human beings imprisoned.