Mason Mount's Misfortune

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It's incredible how much stick Bruno gets when he's arguably are best and most consistent player. Yet people are so quick to defend a player who is yet to do, or show, anything at all.

Enjoy your Mount love in, I'll wait until he actually does something to deserve my attention.
Yeah you should also wait before shitting on a player who has had no real opportunities to take a place in the starting XI.

Gordon Godot

Yeah you should also wait before shitting on a player who has had no real opportunities to take a place in the starting XI.
I think the frustration with Mount is as much aimed at the club's awful recruitment as Mount personally. Some garbage line from the club that Arsenal and Liverpool could be interested (they weren't) and we manage to spend £60m on a player in his final year when Chelsea were desperate for cash. An absolute car crash, then you add in the fact that he was already suffering injuries and his one purple season for Chelsea was some time ago and it starts to look bad. Another lightweight system player who really doesn't seem to address any of the obvious gaps in the starting 11. maybe he will deliver but I think this will rival Antony as a terrible signing.

Oldyella

I think the frustration with Mount is as much aimed at the club's awful recruitment as Mount personally. Some garbage line from the club that Arsenal and Liverpool could be interested (they weren't) and we manage to spend £60m on a player in his final year when Chelsea were desperate for cash. An absolute car crash, then you add in the fact that he was already suffering injuries and his one purple season for Chelsea was some time ago and it starts to look bad. Another lightweight system player who really doesn't seem to address any of the obvious gaps in the starting 11. maybe he will deliver but I think this will rival Antony as a terrible signing.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I totally agree that this transfer made no sense whatsoever, where we paid 60m for a player on his last year of contract.

But I have mentioned already what I am struggling to understand. Is reiterating "what an awful transfer this is" every other week really necessary?

Todd

i can't wait for him to return and prove the doubters wrong, the stick he gets on here is crazy
It seems like it's aimed primarily at ETH & co, on the entire premise of the transfer in the first place, and rightfully so.

When you've got a round hole to fill, you don't overspend on a square peg to do it.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It seems like it's aimed primarily at ETH & co, on the entire premise of the transfer in the first place, and rightfully so.

When you've got a round hole to fill, you don't overspend on a square peg to do it.
You obviously know nothing about pegging.

Rustyspider13

Glad he is coming back, we need as many quality players as possible, but will EtH drop Bruno for him? I don't think so. So the next candidate is Mainoo, but has Mount shown to be as press resistant as Mainoo? Maybe bring him on for games when Mainoo is physically outmatched like Villa? But then again Mainoo helped create the winner, so... There really is no way I can see him being in the first team picture.

redshaw

Mason Mount's Manchester Move Mockery Murtough Mugged Manager Made Millions

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
mason mount much maligned many months mysteriously missing madness manchester midfielder

mason mount much maligned manchester midfielder mysteriously missing many months madness

much maligned manchester midfielder mason mount mysteriously missing many months madness

multi-million much maligned manchester midfielder mason mount mysteriously missing many months madness

pogbasformerbarber

If people have learned anything from the Hojlund experience, it is that you need to be patent with new players. Some catch fire to start then fade to irrelevance (Di Maria...my god), but many take some time to get going. Mount is the type of player you need to give some serious slack to because his talent is unquestioned...so if hes just given time to get going he is going to be a stud for us IMHO.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
i can't wait for him to return and prove the doubters wrong, the stick he gets on here is crazy
60 million quid for a player that we didn't need, don't have room for and will likely sell in a few years for next to nothing having had to cover his wages.

Then gets injured and is out for the majority of the season.

I don't think it's crazy.

It's just a stupid transfer symbolic of everything wrong with the club so it's not Mount's fault, he's just the sticking point where we've had enough.

pacifictheme

If people have learned anything from the Hojlund experience, it is that you need to be patent with new players. Some catch fire to start then fade to irrelevance (Di Maria...my god), but many take some time to get going. Mount is the type of player you need to give some serious slack to because his talent is unquestioned...so if hes just given time to get going he is going to be a stud for us IMHO.
Maybe, but unlike hojlund who had a clear position where even at the start of the season he was the best in the squad in, mount does not. And who is he going to replace regularly? I just don't see where he fits in at all.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Maybe, but unlike hojlund who had a clear position where even at the start of the season he was the best in the squad in, mount does not. And who is he going to replace regularly? I just don't see where he fits in at all.
ETH clearly sees him as being able to play with Bruno as we saw in preseason. That’s all we’ve really seen of him so I don’t think anyone can or should be making these sweeping statements about him being crap or a bad fit when he hasn’t even had a chance to settle into the team. He’s obviously a good player. I will admit I’m worrying about his ability to stay fit now though. I was hoping last season was a one off for him.

Last edited:

pacifictheme

ETH clearly sees him as being able to play with Bruno as we saw in preseason. That’s all we’ve really seen of him so I don’t think anyone can or should be making these sweeping statements about him being crap or a bad fit when he hasn’t even had a chance to settle into the team. He’s obviously a good player. I will admit I’m worrying about his ability to stay fit now though. I was hoping last season was a one off for him.
I never said he was crap. I just don't see where he fits. Remember mainoo wasn't fit when he was.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Words will be eaten in a big feast in here. Just you wait .....
I can't see that happening unfortunately. Mount is a decent player but he's natural as no 10. That's Bruno's territory. So unless Bruno (ie the captain) suddenly becomes shit then Mount will be a reserve

FerociousCorgis

i mean at best for this to not be a complete waste of money he has to come back and i guess if we move Casemiro on for big money to saudis then slide mainoo over we have a midfield of mainoo/mount/bruno. If we keep Casemiro and mount barely features all this season and continues this for next season pretty much a disaster when you consider our tight finances. With smart scouting business we couldve signed a midfield and a backup CF for the amount we blew on him. Ridiculous really considering the time left on contract he had at chelsea

marktan

He's useless when he does play, him being injured is a net positive for us.

Someone

Something
I can't see that happening unfortunately. Mount is a decent player but he's natural as no 10. That's Bruno's territory. So unless Bruno (ie the captain) suddenly becomes shit then Mount will be a reserve
Agree. I don't think we'll see the best out of Mount unless he replaces Bruno for a long run of games. What will likely happen is that he'll play sometimes as an 8, sometimes a 10, and sometimes out wide, but I can't see him nailing down any of those spots.

van Nistelrooy

£55m for someone who would have been available for free this summer. What an incredible waste of money!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
£55m for someone who would have been available for free this summer. What an incredible waste of money!
Most said it at the time too. And most expressed big concerns over his recent injury record. I hope there’s a fecking inquest into his and Antony’s and whomevers signings because it honestly at this stage feels like Murtough and co. were intentionally pissing money away, because the other option, that they thought they were making good signings, is arguably more crazy now