Malky Mackay | Sacked by Wigan Athletic

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I agree with the decision (maybe one for the unpopular opinions thread).

*Not the racism, obviously. Everyone in the footballing world knows what he did/said, so it's on them if he gets hired. No action needed (not sure there was a legal base to take it anyway, were private texts).

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups

*Not the racism, obviously. Everyone in the footballing world knows what he did/said, so it's on them if he gets hired. No action needed (not sure there was a legal base to take it anyway, were private texts).
I'm with you on this. Don't for one second condone what he said, but you can't go around punishing people for things that were meant to be private.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I'm with you on this. Don't for one second condone what he said, but you can't go around punishing people for things that were meant to be private.
You can when they directly affect your work. I'm pretty sure referring to new signings on the transfer market as 'darkies' or something like that, whatever the racist twat said, is correspondence regarding work and as a result it affects the club's equality and discrimination policy, therefore it is most definitely punishable by the FA. If you can be prosecuted for making racist tweets, you should be able to be prosecuted for what Mackay has done.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
You can when they directly affect your work. I'm pretty sure referring to new signings on the transfer market as 'darkies' or something like that, whatever the racist twat said, is correspondence regarding work and as a result it affects the club's equality and discrimination policy, therefore it is most definitely punishable by the FA. If you can be prosecuted for making racist tweets, you should be able to be prosecuted for what Mackay has done.
Tweets you get prosecuted for are ones which have the intent of publicly inciting hatred. That intent is absent from such private communication.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male

I will throw my hat in with you two. Private conversations between individuals shouldnt be regulated in that way.

@That'sHernandez makes an interesting point however - I cant remember all the details of the case, but if there were some evidence that Malky (or anyone else) was actually discriminating in their recruitment policy in some way shape or form, it would be a very different thing indeed.