Malky Mackay | Sacked by Wigan Athletic

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
So as we all know, Cardiff City FC is owned by Vincent Tan (who comes across as an absolute twunt).

Here's the latest on the situation:

Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay has been told by owner Vincent Tan to resign or he will be sacked.

In a letter emailed to Mackay on Monday, it is understood Tan listed in depth his grievances with the Scot.
Tan criticised 41-year-old Mackay at length in a range of areas, such as signings, transfer budgets, results on the pitch and style of play.
The Malaysian businessman also questioned the former Watford manager's record as a boss.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25457024

It's the Venky's all over again isn't it?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
How is it that all these Premier League owners- who somehow tend to be very successful businessmen- usually come across as complete feckwits with no idea as to what they're doing?

LR7

Hope not. I thought Ole was favourite for the West Brom job (not that betting odds mean much).
Wouldn't like to see him at Cardiff with that nutter of an owner, though I'd love him to manage in the PL.

alastair

ignorant
Their owner is an absolute thunder cretin of the highest order, but I think he was royally hacked off at how Mackay had been given £40m to spend in the summer and then came out to say he wanted to sign three more players in January.

So the owner is mainly at fault, but Mackay hasn't helped in the last week or so. I personally feel that he'd thrown a lot of money away but that's probably not a discussion for now.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Fergie doesn't dictate Ole decisions, and he would be stupid to turn down the chance of a bigger stage having achieved just about everything he ever can with Molde. He won't be too bother about the sack either as that would give him a pretty good pay off.

Hawkeye

Malky to West Brom and Ole to Cardiff?

David Jones is also rumoured to be returning as Director of Football:houllier:

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Fergie doesn't dictate Ole decisions, and he would be stupid to turn down the chance of a bigger stage having achieved just about everything he ever can with Molde. He won't be too bother about the sack either as that would give him a pretty good pay off.
And he'd be even more stupid to go to a job where he can only fail, which is the only thing that can happen if Ole went to Cardiff. They will inevitably be relegated and the owner will blame the manager.

Castia

Joke of an owner, the fans must the fuming if this happens.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Mackay and his signings are the only thing keeping Cardiff in the premier league so far... a shame really. ridiculous stuff... feel sorry for Cardiff fans.

Amir

Quit or you'll be sacked? Err, OK, sack me and pay me.

What an idiot. Passed the fit and proper test, I gather.

You gotta feel for the fans most of all. Their club is at the mercy of a lunatic. Mackay has done quite well so far and the last thing they need is everything being destabilised from the top down.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
And he'd be even more stupid to go to a job where he can only fail, which is the only thing that can happen if Ole went to Cardiff. They will inevitably be relegated and the owner will blame the manager.

That's not how managers think, he'll take the job simply because its a step up and Cardiff have every chance of staying up and have a decent squad.

SER19

the sport is becoming a complete joke at this level. whatever about managers being sacked after a bad run of results which is bad enough, this is just ridiculous. bored owners doing what they want.

cardiff would be a terrible decision for solskjaer

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
I got a few bets in work today on him being the next spurs manager..i work in a well known bookmakers call centre

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Didn't Ole turn down Villa before Lambert took over, due to the overly expectant fans and Randy Lerner?

Malkay will go to WBA I reckon. They've got more than enough quality to avoid a relegation dogfight.

I don't think he's quite well enough established to take over at Spurs, who've been linked with the likes of Hiddink.

Amir

That's not how managers think, he'll take the job simply because its a step up and Cardiff have every chance of staying up and have a decent squad.
Someone will take that job, yes. But there are quite a few who wouldn't bother listening after this. Ole including, I'm sure. He's a sensible lad. This won't end well for Cardiff City.

Brophs

The One and Only
Their owner is an absolute thunder cretin of the highest order, but I think he was royally hacked off at how Mackay had been given £40m to spend in the summer and then came out to say he wanted to sign three more players in January.

So the owner is mainly at fault, but Mackay hasn't helped in the last week or so. I personally feel that he'd thrown a lot of money away but that's probably not a discussion for now.
The thing that hasn't been mentioned all that much is if Tan felt so strongly about the budget, why did he allow him to make the signings at all?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Breaking News: Vincent Tan to be announced as the next Cardiff City FC manager.

:lol: i can see this happening...

ps. i really hope for their next game, Cardiff fans throw their red scarfs/jerseys to the pitch... fecking clown.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
...That's how anyone who wants to have a successful career thinks.

Kag

How on earth do guys like Tan pass these "fit and proper" procedures? The sport is fecking madness. He's just farting around with the club for the sheer sake of it and it's the fans that will lose out in the end.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Spurs should be doing everything they can to get him. He's going to be a very good manager should he land a decent job.

alastair

ignorant
Spurs should be doing everything they can to get him. He's going to be a very good manager should he land a decent job.

I'm not so sure.

The owner has not helped at Cardiff, I accept, but let's actually look at the evidence here.

You've got a man, who in fairness to him, finally got Cardiff's very good Championship team into the top tier. He essentially managed to inject some strength of character into the players to ensure they didn't collapse towards the end of the season. So he deserves plaudits for getting them up, but he did inherit what was the best side in the division by quite some way.

This season, I think he's done just about what can be expected for a side that spent £40m in the summer. I know it's their first season up, but that's quite heavy investment, and I suspect they're set to slip into a relegation battle. They're going to struggle later in the season given they've played basically no-one in the top eight away from home yet. They're a little inflated.

He may well be a decent manager who will go on to a bigger club. He strikes me as being intelligent, but there isn't actually a massive pool of evidence to suggest that his rise will be glorious.