Man pleads guilty to double murder and serial necrophilia

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Christ, from receiving zero coverage, this case has exploded after a 67 year old hospital electrician called David Fuller unexpectedly admitted to the 'bedsit murders', the unsolved killings of two young women in the 1980s, and then defiling at least 99 female corpses at the mortuary of the hospital he worked at. The victims' ages ranged from just 9 to 100, they reckon and the abuse went on for several years, like the Savile case.
Staggering how these things can be committed over such long periods without detection, plus there was a serious vetting failure, as he had burglary previous convictions. When they searched his flat he had loads of video of himself in the act.

David Fuller: man admits two murders and sexual abuse of multiple corpses

An electrician who admitted murdering two women in 1987 also sexually attacked scores of corpses in a hospital mortuary in the worst offending of its kind in British legal history, prosecutors say.

David Fuller pleaded guilty to murdering Wendy Knell, 25, and Caroline Pierce, 20, in separate attacks in Tunbridge Wells, Kent police said.

The 67-year-old changed his pleas on Thursday partway through his trial at Maidstone crown court, which heard that he sexually assaulted the two women after killing them. He had admitted killing both women but originally pleaded not guilty to murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

His trial heard that he also sexually assaulted women’s corpses in the mortuaries at Kent and Sussex hospital and Tunbridge Wells hospital while working there.

Police have detected at least 99 potential victims of Fuller, in what is believed to be the worst case of necrophilia in British legal history.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...dering-two-women-and-sexually-abusing-corpses

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16640853/bedsit-murderer-hospital-pass-criminal-record/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16638542/bedsit-murder-david-fuller-sex-bodies-morgue-2/

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s absolutely horrifying for obvious reasons, just the fact that someone is is that sick in the head that they need to debase corpses to get their thrills. Add to that the fact he murdered two girls, then consider he’s been doing this for 30 years. Are they going to link him to any other cold cases?

Then you have anyone who has lost a daughter or a sister or a mother or a wife or girlfriend that will have been rested at that mortuary and the thoughts they are dealing with right now.

It’s just horrendous.

Jippy

Staff
It’s absolutely horrifying for obvious reasons, just the fact that someone is is that sick in the head that they need to debase corpses to get their thrills. Add to that the fact he murdered two girls, then consider he’s been doing this for 30 years. Are they going to link him to any other cold cases?

Then you have anyone who has lost a daughter or a sister or a mother or a wife or girlfriend that will have been rested at that mortuary and the thoughts they are dealing with right now.

It’s just horrendous.
Yeah that hit home. Hearing that on top of the grief the person is already dealing with, particularly anyone who has lost a child, must be unbearable.

Wilt

Yet another truly evil, waste of oxygen.

Seriously, I would love to see the return of capital punishment in this country.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Yet another truly evil, waste of oxygen.

Seriously, I would love to see the return of capital punishment in this country.
While I agree these crimes are absolutely abhorrent, capital punishment would make no difference at all. This is someone who is clearly sick and probably needs to be locked away from society for his and everyone else's safety and treated. This isn't some normal bloke deciding to do something vile.

Wilt

While I agree these crimes are absolutely abhorrent, capital punishment would make no difference at all. This is someone who is clearly sick and probably needs to be locked away from society for his and everyone else's safety and treated. This isn't some normal bloke deciding to do something vile.
Understand your point of view, but there’s nothing that could change my mind with regards to capital punishment, for some crimes it’s the only fitting punishment.

Wilt

Why? How would it help?
On a personal view, if I were related to either of the two girls he raped and murdered, it would certainly help me.

Don’t believe I’d be able to sleep at night knowing that POS was still alive.

Wilt

Just to clarify, I was advocating capital punishment for the two girls he had raped and murdered.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just to clarify, I was advocating capital punishment for the two girls he had raped and murdered.
Whilst the emotional reaction to these crimes is understandable, there’s no good reason for capital punishment and a singular truth that will always hold for why it should not be brought back; there’s always the chance of an innocent person being wrongly convicted and killed.

That possibility far far outweighs any argument for capital punishment, and there’s no upside to it anyway given that it’s shown clearly to not be a deterrent.

This case is vile beyond comprehension.

diarm

I reckon they suffered enough already.

Understand your point of view, but there’s nothing that could change my mind with regards to capital punishment, for some crimes it’s the only fitting punishment.
Even the slightest possibility of one person being wrongly executed for a crime they didn't commit, should be enough to change any decent persons mind with regards to capital punishment.

Wilt

Whilst the emotional reaction to these crimes is understandable, there’s no good reason for capital punishment and a singular truth that will always hold for why it should not be brought back; there’s always the chance of an innocent person being wrongly convicted and killed.

That possibility far far outweighs any argument for capital punishment, and there’s no upside to it anyway given that it’s shown clearly to not be a deterrent.

This case is vile beyond comprehension.
It‘s a sad truth in the past many innocent people have been executed. But that argument has little weight in todays world of advancements in forensic science, DNA, CCTV etc. The chances of an innocent person being convicted are as next to nil.

Wilt

Even the slightest possibility of one person being wrongly executed for a crime they didn't commit, should be enough to change any decent persons mind with regards to capital punishment.
[/QUOTE]
“Decent person“ my arse!

Lets take it to another level …crimes against humanity.

What do you think a fitting punishment would have been for the likes of Hitler, Goering, Himmler and the many others who escaped capital punishment?

Withnail

One of my issues with this is that from a practical stand-point someone has to be the executioner. So essentially you're creating another killer or multiple killers.

How many people could do that job without suffering mental health issues?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It‘s a sad truth in the past many innocent people have been executed. But that argument has little weight in todays world of advancements in forensic science, DNA, CCTV etc. The chances of an innocent person being convicted are as next to nil.
They will never be nil though, so not good enough.

“Decent person“ my arse!

What do you think a fitting punishment would have been for the likes of Hitler, Goering, Himmler and the many others who escaped capital punishment?
Godwin’s law with the early win!

Wilt

One of my issues with this is that from a practical stand-point someone has to be the executioner. So essentially you're creating another killer or multiple killers.

How many people could do that job without suffering mental health issues?
Wow!

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff

Well, as one of them committed suicide before he was caught, one did it before he could be tried and the other one did it just before his execution, I don't think they escaped anything. They all ended up dead.

Wilt

Could you do it?
Don’t forget an executioner is paid to do a job that he has willingly offered to do, so is unlikely to suffer any mental issues.

From a personal point of view if that person had murdered a member of my own family, then yes I could/would pull the lever, press the button or what ever it takes.

Though, it’s not a job I would choose to do.

Bobade

Don’t forget an executioner is paid to do a job that he has willingly offered to do, so is unlikely to suffer any mental issues.

From a personal point of view if that person had murdered a member of my own family, then yes I could/would pull the lever, press the button or what ever it takes.

So soldiers don't suffer mental health problems then ? After all, they willingly signed up for infantry so they're unlikely to get PTSD or anything.

Penna

Staff
His crimes are grim and grievous, but I will never be an advocate for capital punishment (even in cases where there's no doubt of guilt, like this one).

The sad thing is that now in his late 60s, he's already had most of his life as a free man.

Wilt

Well, as one of them committed suicide before he was caught, one did it before he could be tried and the other one did it just before his execution, I don't think they escaped anything. They all ended up dead.
But that’s not the answer.

The question was what do you think a fitting punishment should have been?

Penna

Staff
But that’s not the answer.

The question was what do you think a fitting punishment should have been?
Life in solitary confinement. (edit - and the other two would have got the death penalty, just as Goering did. Lots of people got the death penalty after the war).

Withnail

I don't think that's how it works. Getting paid to do a job you've applied for doesn't mean you're immune from negative effects. You can't actually be serious with that line of thought, can you?

Your post highlights a further issue for me in that you're advocating that someone else do a pretty distasteful and probably mentally damaging job that you wouldn't dream of doing.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

What about the mental health of the survivors, if any, and the families of the ones that were not so lucky? They have to go through life knowing that the person who violently hurt their loved ones is still alive and gets to breathe. I'd pull the trigger if I know I'm helping the people who deserve sympathy and closure that comes with knowing that the guilty paid for what they did. How many death row inmates in this day and age are found to be innocent?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What about the mental health of the survivors, if any, and the families of the ones that were not so lucky? They have to go through life knowing that the person who violently hurt their loved ones is still alive and gets to breathe. I'd pull the trigger if I know I'm helping the people who deserve sympathy and closure that comes with knowing that the guilty paid for what they did. How many death row inmates in this day and age are found to be innocent?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_exonerated_death_row_inmates

Jippy

Staff

Maybe the person applied for the job beacuse they just needed the job or way more likely worked in a different position at the prison and moved into the executioner role.

I'm sure they weed out psychos who apply for the job out of some weird bloodlust.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Your motivation appears to be vengeance not justice.

Wilt

You've jumped from a double murder to Hitler. It's not an argument worth pursuing as it's a ridiculous leap you've taken.
Nice try, but you’re just avoiding the question.

It‘s premeditated murder of innocent people, be it one, two, hundreds or in the case of Hitler, Goering and Himmler, crimes against humanity.

So I will pose the question again… in the case of the fore mentioned, what do you think a fitting punishment should have been?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

It‘s premeditated murder of innocent people, be it one, two, hundreds or in the case of Hitler, Goering and Himmler, crimes against humanity.

So I will pose the question again… in the case of the fore mentioned, what do you think a fitting punishment should have been?
Forced labor, make them useful for society.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tell that to the families of the millions of innocent people they murdered.
You ask for a serious answer and that's what you respond? You are in the business of cold vengeance but try to get the moral high ground.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal

Life in Solitary Confinement. No privileges.

Where there's no hope for rehabilitation, redemption, danger of repeating offences then we treat them humanely but life should mean life.

If we can rehabilitate then that should be our goal, it's important to remember that the vast numbers of murderers never repeat their crimes, what you are trying to discuss is extremes.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Your motivation appears to be vengeance not justice.
That's the problem with the justice system in general. People want to see victims avenged, which is obviously understandable, but also not generally a good strategy to get to the root of the problem.

Even this guy wasn't born evil. He was obviously sick.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That's the problem with the justice system in general. People want to see victims avenged, which is obviously understandable, but also not generally a good strategy to get to the root of the problem.

Even this guy wasn't born evil. He was obviously sick.
Bluddy bleedin’ ‘art libruls being all soft on crime