Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
Thank feck that this is over, I can return to my thesis now!

Welcome to Manchester United, David Moyes! I hope your tenure will be a successful one.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Look, most of us didn't want him.

But he deserves a hearty welcome and hopefully does a great job. Get behind him.

Best of luck Dave. Hard act to follow.
I'll go with that

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Welcome Moyes. Even if it's not what I exactly wanted, I rate him as a manager and I'll give him my support.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Made my day. The powers that be at United will regret overlooking Mourinho (or being overlooked by him) - mark my words.
This is a positive thread welcoming our new manager, go and shit all over the forum somewhere else

Drifter

American
It's inevitable ,no last minute twists,guess it's welome to OT. I'll support the players on the pitch and support the club as i've always done , but Moyes is like a blank slate and for me the jury is still out.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not my choice for the job but if the board and Sir Alex chose him ahead of other candidates then that's good enough for me.

Although the Glazers have owned the club since 2005, in my opinion the Glazer era truly beings now. New manager, new Chief-Executive, rumours of several players leaving the club and others reaching the end of their careers. We'll see if the Glazers continue to let the manager and Chief-Executive run the football side of the club and whether they will back the manager as much as they did Sir Alex. I certainly hope they do.

Anyway, welcome to Old Trafford and good luck Dave!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The more I think about it the more I think he's the right fit. 6 years is a great show of belief by the club.

Can't wait for the new season now, move aside Fergie.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I still can't believe this. He won't last 2 seasons. This is madness by Utd, a bonkers decision.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's been a very good manager for Everton, hopefully he'll be a very good manager for us too. I'll be delighted if this works out.

Saliph

Made my day. The powers that be at United will regret overlooking Mourinho (or being overlooked by him) - mark my words.
If it was all about the short-term trophy haul, then yes, we might regret it. But it's not, so we won't.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Guaranteed success, 7 leagues across Europe in 11 years v someone who has won the sum total of feck all, who even the vast majority of your fans in here were dreading being appointed/didn't want.
Don't want to talk about that cretin when we've just hired David Moyes. If you want to talk about a prick who has nothing to do with Man United there are other threads for that. This is to welcome the new manager at the biggest and best club in England.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
It's inevitable ,no last minute twists,guess it's welome to OT. I'll support the players on the pitch and support the club as i've always done , but Moyes is like a blank slate and for me the jury is still out.
The jury is still out on Fergie for Commadus...

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
6-year deal is a massive gamble. It seems like Fergie has an incredible amount of faith in him and has asked for the board to take as much time with him as they can since that's one of the reasons he's been so successful here.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Fully behind him as everyone I hope, best of luck. Won't be easy, but I trust those that are better-placed than me to make such a decision. Exciting times ahead!

Laphroaig

Very happy with this. I'm excited in a weird way. The world has ended and resurrected. And much rather him than Pep or Mourinho.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Welcome Moyes. Hope you prove us all wrong. Please sign a midfielder.

CallyRed

This whole things feels so surreal, seeing someone else standing on that touchline.

Welcome Davie Moyes!

Castia

Never thought id be reading a thread titled 'Man United appoint Moyes'
Good look to the guy though, he's not my first choice but im behind him and will judge him on results.

StuCol

Chimp
Welcome David to Manchester United football club, the worlds greatest club. You will have my 100% support.

Don't feck it up.