Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
He doesn't deserve anyone's support because he has not done shit yet. His numbers at Everton are appalling. We have no idea if he is SAF's first choice. For all you people know he could be Glazer's sole choice. He is a lightweight in a heavyweight's ring. I am sick and appalled at his appointment.
You're so full of shit it's unreal.

Siorac

Welcome!

He wouldn't have been my first choice but Sir Alex himself recommended him so he deserves a proper chance to show that he is good enough to manage such a big club. Good luck.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Anything other than a long term contract would have suggest unease at the appointment.

6 years makes sense.

Steven Seagull

He doesn't deserve anyone's support because he has not done shit yet. His numbers at Everton are appalling. We have no idea if he is SAF's first choice. For all you people know he could be Glazer's sole choice. He is a lightweight in a heavyweight's ring. I am sick and appalled at his appointment.
Yeah, that's how football is meant to work you fecking retard.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Six year contract is a sign of intent that this was a decision based not just now but for years down the line too. I hope he get off to quick start as I feel fans might well turn on him when given any chance.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Six year contract is a big, big show of faith by the board.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
44% of Caftards were talking about that "cretin" as preferred choice for next manager :lol:

But fair enough.
You've been here long enough by now to know that being rated by us rarely is a good omen.

Ludens the Red

Easy to pick out which fans on here weren't around pre-Fergie.

Bunch of pricks.
I think that's a bit unfair, can only speak for myself but having not been around pre Fergie I've spent the most part of the last two days defending Moyes.

So brush tarnishing and all that...

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
And of course because it is on the internet everyone believes it.
We already know he interviewed Moyes for the assistant's job way back when (seemingly with the intention of grooming him long-term) so even if you choose to believe the recent quotes aren't genuine it's clear he was Sir Alex's man.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
To be fair, that's a bit of a meltdown.

binary bot
There's something fecking brilliant about Chelsea and Liverpool supporters gloating over a managerial appointment.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He's staying at Everton for the next two games. Just enough time for him to win at Stamford Bridge.

Kaos

Stick to the weekend threads.

Member 39557

Come on guys, no need to get so abusive. Barbara is entitled to her opinion.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Welcome aboard David. I hope the fans give him their full support regardless of whether he was their choice or not. As long as Fergie sees him fit for the position, I will give my full support to him.

Castia

I want to know what's happening regarding backroom staff etc now.

gza the genius

Well I guess there's nothing left to do but support the decision. He wouldn't have been my first choice but Sir Alex obviously knows what he's doing, I hope he turns out right again.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I think that's a bit unfair, can only speak for myself but having not been around pre Fergie I've spent the most part of the last two days defending Moyes.

So brush tarnishing and all that...
It's a bit unfair, but only a bit. And it's understandable, the idea that people were born while the man was in charge is kinda mental.

Werewolf

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the archetype of a shit post.

LR7

Six year contract is a sign of intent that this was a decision based not just now but for years down the line too. I hope he get off to quick start as I feel fans might well turn on him when given any chance.
I'm sure right now everyone thinks they'll be patient but look how this place reacts when we played poorly and won against Southampton at home!

Brophs

The One and Only
There's something fecking brilliant about Chelsea and Liverpool supporters gloating about a managerial appointment.
Wise move, IMO. We all know what happened when Liverpool hired the best manager of all time: they bought Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson.

Cina

I'm bored now.

Any craic with Gilly boy over in Madrid?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I got my criticism out before he was the manager, now he is, he has my support. Obviously the club believes that stability is the most important thing and I suppose our two greatest periods have been built on that. This is the sense they've taken and we have to stand by our top people and club legends who believe it and know United better than any.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Follow Mourinho to Chelsea or Pep to Bayern, please. :)

LR7

I want to know what's happening regarding backroom staff etc now.
I hope he keeps Rene and Mike. They know how to coach a winning team. I don't mean to be patronising but Moyes can learn a lot from them.

Ludens the Red

:o

So this was the 'cream of the cream' you were going to get after Ferguson? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
It's hilarious, Liverpool fans happy about Moyes, he's finished above them the last two seasons with Everton, having spent about 150 million less. He's now taking over a club financially better off than Liverpool and much much much (30+points) better than Liverpool but yeah, the joke is on us.

Giggsforever

I really hope he will be great for us. I feel a bit sick actually, because he does not have the merits or is the type of manager I wanted.

It will be exiting to see what he does with the squad though. Hope he is told not to buy Everton players. And this will for sure be the end of Rooney.