Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Some FB reaction:

"Edvalson Marcos: welcome,take us higher and go deep sir."

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Glad that's done. Welcome Dave!

Now, time to go into full muppet mode.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Welcome to the club David. You've a tough act to follow, but we'll stand behind you.
It's only fair to give him the support he needs. We can make a decision about him as time goes on.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Not happy with that, the statement from each of them is all fluff, he has no credentials, he's done nothing of note and obviously they'll say it was a unanimous decision, they won't say that someone didn't want him and I think it's a joke that our chief executive set out criteria the new manager would have to meet and then go the opposite way.

Saying that, he's here now and deserves our full support. He won't get anywhere with the fans on his back and will just be set up to fail. Here's hoping he proves us wrong. It's going to be an interesting summer. Good luck David and welcome.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Devastated. Barren spell to come, every rival supporter will feel exhilarated.

Member 39557

I didn't want him, still don't, but I'll obviously get behind him. I just hope Fergie is better at replacing himself than he was at replacing Big Pete.

Godfather

feck me 6 years. No revolution, no U turn,.not.much that will change. Not excited but Im ok with that. We have been very successful. Fergie will still have a big say I guess. If our football will become more attrative I highly doubt but lets see. Welcome to United David. It will be a tough job

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm really pleased. I value the club's reputation over the highs and lows, and feel that David will actually care about United; I couldn't say the same about some of the other mooted names, despite their impressive credentials.

Welcome, boss.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Not happy with that, the statement from each of them is all fluff, he has no credentials, he's done nothing of note and obviously they'll say it was a unanimous decision, they won't say that someone didn't want him and I think it's a joke that our chief executive set out criteria the new manager would have to meet and then go the opposite way.

Saying that, he's here now and deserves our full support. He won't get anywhere with the fans on his back and will just be set up to fail. Here's hoping he proves us wrong. It's going to be an interesting summer. Good luck David and welcome.
Where didn't he adhere to it?

JP77

Sensational appointment.

Might even get rid of some of the spoilt little brats that are apparent 'supporters' of our club. They're already out in numbers with 'OMGZ MOYES IS SHIT WTF WE'LL STRUGGLE FOR EUROPA LEAGUE PLACE! BARRON SPELL COMING!".

Fantastic comments from Charlton and co. Spot on appointment at a time when we're caked with ridiculous "Oh, we'll appoint a manager for three years and then replace them". Awesome appointment.

IrishLegend

This is going to end badly.

He'll get my support just like any other player (can't say manager as I've only known the great one).

We're going to regret this in time.

Cina

Your post is basically like going up to a girl and saying "you're ugly, your tits are too small, your arse is too fat, and no decent man would ever marry you, but I'll feck you anyway."

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
6 years! That going to be a 5 year compensation package to sort out then!

joking

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Weirdly excited now it's official. Good Luck, Moyesy.

That'll be his nickname, by the way.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Here is me wishing welcome and good luck to David Moyes, good luck with the biggest managerial job in football.
I don't feel worried nor feel excited, I just cannot wait for next season that's all

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Fantastic. I was sceptical at first, but now I realise he'll be the right man for the job.

Good luck!

SirAF

Ageist

Might even get rid of some of the spoilt little brats that are apparent 'supporters' of our club. They're already out in numbers with 'OMGZ MOYES IS SHIT WTF WE'LL STRUGGLE FOR EUROPA LEAGUE PLACE! BARRON SPELL COMING!".

Fantastic comments from Charlton and co. Spot on appointment at a time when we're caked with ridiculous "Oh, we'll appoint a manager for three years and then replace them". Awesome appointment.
This. I welcome David Moyes and wish him all the best.

And to all the naysayers, who the feck are you to question the FINAL decision by Sir Alex Ferguson?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Welcome David Moyes.
A 6 year deal should give him enough time to find his way. Hopefully he'll be successful long before that time is up.

that said I'm not sure if I should lower my expecatations immediately so as not to be too disppointed if things don't go well right away...

a time of uncertainty for sure.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I know some people are shocked and everything but can you at least give the guy a chance? I mean he's not even fecking started the job yet!

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Wonder what our odds for the CL next year are? Might put a quid on.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
This is going to end badly.

He'll get my support just like any other player (can't say manager as I've only known the great one).

We're going to regret this in time.
Yep, and if he does fail, it might cause a chain reaction of the wrong decisions made, a la liverpool. Another wrong manager, board panicking and giving new managers less time while they need more to repair any damage already caused, etc etc.

Might set us back for years if not more.