Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Your post is basically like going up to a girl and saying "you're ugly, your tits are too small, your arse is too fat, and no decent man would ever marry you, but I'll feck you anyway."
Well that's the point. A lot of people are not happy with Moyes's appointment, or were never keen on the idea of him replacing Sir Alex. I think that's fair enough and I'm in the same boat. But, the important thing is now that he actually is our manager, everyone should put that to one side and support him anyway.

eric le roi

A lot of childish reactions in this thread - "barren period coming up". Yeah, because the entire squad and coaching staff have retired too.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Yep, and if he does fail, it might cause a chain reaction of the wrong decisions made, a la liverpool. Another wrong manager, board panicking and giving new managers less time while they need more to repair any damage already caused, etc etc.

Might set us back for years if not more.
That applies to anybody 5 seconds into the job.

Brophs

The One and Only
Yep, and if he does fail, it might cause a chain reaction of the wrong decisions made, a la liverpool. Another wrong manager, board panicking and giving new managers less time while they need more to repair any damage already caused, etc etc.

And then the entire ground might go on fire and then...

Cina

Well that's the point. A lot of people are not happy with Moyes's appointment, or were never keen on the idea of him replacing Sir Alex. I think that's fair enough and I'm in the same boat. But, the important thing is now that he actually is our manager, everyone should put that to one side and support him anyway.
Hey look, I'm in the exact same boat. I thought I'd be a lot more excited about this day when it did finally come, but I'm not, at all. I will still support him though, for sure.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Some fans are showing their true colours now. Stay classy people.
Not everyone has to agree with it to be fair. Like not everyone will agree with every player transfer we make. It's an internet forum, people will have different views on topics. I'm underwhelmed by it all frankly. That's how I feel, i'm not going to lie and post how amazing it is like some people seem to be doing.

I have more respect for the people being honest and actually posting up their views on the matter even though they fully well know that they'll get flamed for it. Moyes will get my support, but i'm not dancing about like a freaking retard. We're in a far weaker position than we were in 3 days ago.

Either way, it's going to make this coming season interesting and no doubt this forum is going to have a umber of meltdowns. Fun times ahead!

The Neviller

Sensational appointment.

Might even get rid of some of the spoilt little brats that are apparent 'supporters' of our club. They're already out in numbers with 'OMGZ MOYES IS SHIT WTF WE'LL STRUGGLE FOR EUROPA LEAGUE PLACE! BARRON SPELL COMING!".

Fantastic comments from Charlton and co. Spot on appointment at a time when we're caked with ridiculous "Oh, we'll appoint a manager for three years and then replace them". Awesome appointment.
Really?

Canuckred64

I have been a United fan for 50 years and can't remember being as disappointed. I feel that we are making the same mistakes we made after Busby retired.. Moyes is out of his depth and I suspect under Moyes we will become like Arsenal, aiming to finish third or fourth and having a decent domestic cup run.

However, the deeds done and Moyes is now United's manager. He deserves our support and I welcome him to the club. United aren't Liverpool or Chelsea hounding out managers they don't like, so I suspect he will get our full support.

Hopefully I am wrong and Moyes will be a success at United.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Can the mods please ban the fecktards who already are writing Moyes off?
Please this. People WUM constantly, I wasn't thrilled with the appointment, but to be fair, he has every chance to go on and do brilliantly for us and I will remain Optimistic until we finish 20th :wenger:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Hey look, I'm in the exact same boat. I thought I'd be a lot more excited about this day when it did finally come, but I'm not, at all. I will still support him though, for sure.
I'm not going to feck you Cina.

IrishLegend

That's my greatest fear, Every top manager in the world wants this job at the moment. A chance to replace one of if not the greatest manager at one of the biggest clubs in the world for the first time in 26 years.

That has a lot more appeal than rescuing a sinking ship from a manager no other top club wanted.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
That's my greatest fear, Every top manager in the world wants this job at the moment. A chance to replace one of if not the greatest manager at one of the biggest clubs in the world for the first time in 26 years.

That has a lot more appeal than rescuing a sinking ship from a manager no other top club wanted.
Wait.......

Does it?

Lastwolf

I'm not all that excited he got appointed, something in me wanted the more radical (in the sense that they would bring a shift in teamsheet/ethos) appointment of someone like Mourinho.

But now that I think about it, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with United, Liverpool we are not, we just won the league at a canter with the shitest team the premiership has ever seen and a gaping wound in the midfield from what people rabbit on about.

It's not like Everton have played bad football under Moyes, they've been more than a bogey team for a number of years, he's no Big Sam or shit merchant like Pullis. While he's not some managerial messiah or charismatic dynamo that will attract the star players either, he doesn't really need to be the club alone is enough of a honeytrap to do that and he's not totally tactical inept.

It'll be an interesting next season, for sure, he'll be slaughtered in the press if results aren't remotely peachy, we need to be realistic as fan's about the next season or two and have some patience, which will be difficult for most.

Castia

I feel a bit more relaxed now it's confirmed. Im still highly critical but im starting to feel a bit of excitement. Go sign us a few class players and this horrible start to the summer will start looking a bit brighter.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Did we have to support the Glazers once they were officially our new owners?

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
The part where the new manager would have to have experience that Moyes does not.

I get it Irwin, you really want him here you couldn't have made it any clearer today, but you don't have to be so insulted when some people don't. ;)
I'm not insulted, but he's got tons of PL experience and someone said 36 European games.

36 European games is the equivalent of 6 champions league group stages in numbers.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Whatever I've said in the 24 hours prior to this is now irrelevant. Welcome to (Big?) David Moyes and I hope he enjoys a fantastic spell as the manager of our club.

Jaap

Welcome, David! :devil:

Hopefully the supporters will get right behind him and support him through thick and thin.

Exciting summer ahead!

SirAF

Ageist
I'd expect him to retain our title in his first season - that's how high we have to put the bar. However, we should all remember that patience is essential as well. It is not too long ago that we went three seasons without the league title under Ferguson.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Some fans are showing their true colours now. Stay classy people.
Nah that's bollocks.

True colours for what? Obviously these fans 'showing their true colours' care a great deal about the club, hence why they're not happy to just accept any old person, especially one who has hardly done anything worthy of managing the greatest club in the world, or has the experience of managing the greatest club in the world. They want the best for their club. There's nothing strange or weird about that. If they weren't proper fans they wouldn't give a shit. Posts like yours exist only to get one up over other people, 'look I'm a better fan than you, come round to my way of thinking or be known as the bad fan.'

People in having different opinions shocker.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Nah that's bollocks.

True colours for what? Obviously these fans 'showing their true colours' care a great deal about the club, hence why they're not happy to just accept any old guy who has hardly done anything. They want the best for their club. There's nothing strange or weird about that. If they weren't proper fans they wouldn't give a shit. Posts like yours exist only to get one up over other people, 'look I'm a better fan than you, come round to my way of thinking or be known as the bad fan.'

People in having different opinions shocker.
You care about the club why? You don't even trust them, and the greatest manager ever to make a better decision than you?

The Neviller

This. I welcome David Moyes and wish him all the best.

And to all the naysayers, who the feck are you to question the FINAL decision by Sir Alex Ferguson?
We're Manchester United fans, like you, with an opinion.

Who the feck are you to tell us we can't have one?

NoLogo

First I wasn't too excited about him coming here but after a good night of sleep and a bit more thinking about it I believe he is the right man for the job and I'm happy we went for a long term solution rather than 2-3 years of Mourinho and then looking for a new manager again.

Of course he might not be as successful at our club as Fergie but I think it's a pretty long shot to think we could ever witness someone as successful at our club as Fergie during our life time.

It's the end of an era and most likely the most successful in our clubs history ever but I'm confident that even under Moyes we will challenge for the title on a consistent basis.