g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Man Utd could raise €100m by selling these six flops in January

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I doubt it, United do not need the money and that much upheaval in one window might not be a good thing.

Gopher Brown

Flop Jones, Matteo Darmi-flop, Mem-flop Depay, Marouane Floplaini, Morgan Schneider-flop.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Quite remarkable that Darmian, Schneiderlin and Depay were signed a year ago in what looked like one of the best transfer windows we'd ever had. Schneiderlin in particular seemed exactly the sort of transfer we should have made.

InfiniteBoredom

Where's the benefit of selling that many squaddie mid season?

We can afford their wages for another 6 months.

WalkerTheRed

Article makes it sound like we're in dire straits, what a load of bs. Besides, we can't shift out six players without adding some new ones. The PL squad isn't exactly huge as it is.

Woodzy

Fellaini isn't a flop in my book.
Fellaini is a useful player while we don't have other options, but as soon as we get some (proper) players in that midfield his time here should be done.

Fortunately for him, we've sent the last 6 years buying shit midfielders so he should be pretty safe.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Honest valuation of the players?

Jones €9m
Rojo €7m (due to wages)
Fellaini €18-22m
Darmian €9m
Schneiderlin €16m
Depay €18m
Total aprox: €75-80m

prath92

Valuation

Jones - 10m. Has lot of potential and is still youngish. But injury will mean he wont go for a lot.

Darmian - 10m. Still in his prime and Inter reportedly have money. International so will get a decent fee.

Schneiderlin - 18m. Still in his prime and Everton have money. French International and a Koeman favourite.

Fellaini - 12m. Has only a year left in his contract this summer. Not a flop but unless we are renewing his contract, he would be sold. He will easily garner interest from the big leagues (Palmer reckons he will have to goto lower leagues in the article). Could well see a team like Palace or WBA invest in him.

Rojo - 7m. Decent defender for a lower league side and an Argentine International. A lower team would get him to be useful. Especially when guys like James Tomkins gets 12m.

Depay - 15m. Still young and could be very good in a team that is focussed on him. With the money involved in the PL wouldnt be surprised to get this value

jetlee

Fellaini is a useful player while we don't have other options, but as soon as we get some (proper) players in that midfield his time here should be done.

Fortunately for him, we've sent the last 6 years buying shit midfielders so he should be pretty safe.
Of course a guy who is written down after every summer window when the latest caf favourites join in MF, yet finds himself in the starting XI sooner or later is never a flop.
Everyone should forget attaching him to Moyes' reigm and maybe it would be easier to judge him objectively.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Jones - £5-6m
Darmian - £8m
Depay - £15m
Fellaini - £8m
Rojo - £6m
Schneiderlin - £15-20m

Would prefer to keep Memphis and Schneiderlin, the rest I wouldn't lose any sleep over.

NYAS

Also sell Young, Valencia, Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Schweinsteiger and Carrick because they're too old, Mata because he's not up to it physically, Mkhitaryan because we never succeed with no. 10s, Romero because he's a back-up goalkeeper and no Argentine has ever done well for us have they? Also sell Pogba, he was never worth even a quarter of that £150m we paid for him.

Was always one of the irritating things on here. People love to think of it as a video game and because someone isn't an automatic starter they're always on the transfer list and we should always consider bids for them, as if we're Bristol City financially. Then when we're left with Sean Goss and Sadiq El-Fitouri to come in for injured players (whoever the feck we didn't sell yet), it'll be "wow, we are depressingly shit" and "oh god whoever signed this guy must have taken a bung".

I promise you, there's nothing wrong with having more than 11 senior players in the squad. They're called back-ups, and believe it or not a lot of them are accepting of it.

Rant over.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I still dont think we should accept defeat on Morgan yet, there's a decent player in there somewhere. I also remain hopeful Jones and Depay will come good, although the hope is on the wane.

The only ones i would definitely sell would be Fellaini and Rojo, maybe Darmian, the rest have talent, it just needs locating.

::sonny::

Honest valuation of the players?

Jones €9m
Rojo €7m (due to wages)
Fellaini €18-22m
Darmian €9m
Schneiderlin €16m
Depay €18m
Total aprox: €75-80m
Jones €3m
Rojo €15m
Fellaini €15m
Darmian €15m
Schneiderlin €20m
Depay €25m
= 93

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No chance we sell anybody in January, unless we are knocked out of Europa early.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We'll get more for Jones but less for the rest.
We will easily get €15m or more for Fellaini under current climate. Darmian will be a bargain signing for Inter though, I feel, not more than €10m. Schneiderlin's value will not be very high if he goes outside of Premier League but might fetch £15m or more within the league. IMO it's important that we try to offload all the deadwood within the country as Premier League clubs are more prone to spending obscene amounts of money on average players. If we're selling to Italy they won't go for much.

Rake

Even if we wanted to sell them it is plain stupid to do it in the middle of the season... Click baiting again

soapythecat

I'd keep them all and get rid of Rooney. No doubt the club will have to pay some of his outrageous wages but I'd rather the other players stay and fight for a place. Jones should just be released and let him try again. I don't see him ever being a player who can offer a team anything with his injuries.

Raw

With how poorly we sell players we'll probably only make like 60m. Remember when we sold Nani and RVP for £8m? :lol:

devil in me

As much as the squad is in need of a clearout from the rubbish that has been brought in over the past few seasons, i cant see us getting rid of 6 in one go, especially in January. A totally made up article!

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Jones €3m
Rojo €15m
Fellaini €15m
Darmian €15m
Schneiderlin €20m
Depay €25m
= 93
Jones €4m
Rojo €8m
Fellaini €10m
Darmian €10m
Schneiderlin €12m
Depay €12m
= €56m is more like reality, it's not worth they are worth but what someone will pay

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We could also get 40mil for Martial, doesn't mean it's going to happen though.

pascell

Can't see us selling two CMs in one window, just wouldn't make sense.

I think Rojo will stay as backup so I'm guessing Memphis, Darmian and Schneiderlin would be most likely to leave.