Man Utd could raise €100m by selling these six flops in January

izec

Jones €4m
Rojo €8m
Fellaini €10m
Darmian €10m
Schneiderlin €12m
Depay €12m
= €56m is more like reality, it's not worth they are worth but what someone will pay
Sorry, but Depay and Fellaini will go for more. I bet no one thought Benteke would go for 30m after that season. 10m for Fellaini is laughable. The same for Schneiderlin and Depay.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Sorry, but Depay and Fellaini will go for more. I bet no one thought Benteke would go for 30m after that season. 10m for Fellaini is laughable. The same for Schneiderlin and Depay.
It is laughable, I believe they are worth more but look at our history of selling.. I doubt they will go for much different than I said..

izec

Another joke article regarding our players. Some will be sold, but that is just guessing.

In the summer, Herrera Blind and Mata were plastered all over the papers for getting sold, now all starters. This is a joke article based on pure guesswork. Still far too early, but hey, it is international break, lets speculate about the future of some players. This could have been written by a poster on here.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Keep Fellaini and Schneiderlin. We are thin in midfield.

Give Memphis the rest of the season to show us something, anything.

Still undecided on Darmian. He looked immense at the start of last season. Then he unraveled, as did the rest of the team.

Rojo and Jones can definitely go. Far far away. China preferably. 80m for the pair, because China.

Brophs

The One and Only
Another joke article regarding our players. Some will be sold, but that is just guessing.

In the summer, Herrera Blind and Mata were plastered all over the papers for getting sold, now all starters. This is a joke article based on pure guesswork. Still far too early, but hey, it is international break, lets speculate about the future of some players. This could have been written by a poster on here.
That's all sort of covered by the word "could" in the title, no?

izec

That's all sort of covered by the word "could" in the title, no?
No, not really. I mean you dont speculate pointlessly around. First of all where is the article that Chelsea could sell their flops or Liverpool or City. Then they speculate, which turns into some sort of truth. You will later see posters and newspapers quoting this shit as some sort of source for them not being wanted or the club wanting to sell them. Just a month ago, Mourinho blocked a move from Spurs for Schneiderlin, surely covered by this paper and now he is a flop and could be sold in January.

Scholsey2004

I think we'll ditch a few in the january window. Wouldnt sell fellaini though. Good second string player imo.

El-Manos

We're not a charity shop that needs to needs to sell in order to raise money Kevin Palmer, but nice try.

An Irish Red

I think we'll ditch a few in the january window. Wouldnt sell fellaini though. Good second string player imo.
Disagree entirely. He's not talented enough to play as an attacking midfielder for us and he doesn't have the tactical (or technical) abilities required to play further back either.

Him being so prominent in our squad is one of the reasons why we've faltered over the last few years.

Brightonian

Flop is massively overused these days. Anyone who's not a storming success gets labelled flop. I remember when you just had a squad of players, some of whom were better than others, and you used them accordingly.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Sorry, but Depay and Fellaini will go for more. I bet no one thought Benteke.
Fellaini would go for more, but it'd be a big risk for a club to put down much more on Depay. He's not had a single good performance in the league, at least Benteke can point to his success with Villa.

izec

Fellaini would go for more, but it'd be a big risk for a club to put down much more on Depay. He's not had a single good performance in the league, at least Benteke can point to his success with Villa.
I don't mean PL specifically, could go to a European team. Didn't look as bad in the CL or EL.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Next two windows we should sell/release these players:

Jones
Rojo
Darmian
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Carrick
Young
Memphis
Rooney

I wouldn't sell Fellaini as we would look really short in midfield and he has done well. Januzaj could go too, but it depends on how well he does at Sunderland this year.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I don't mean PL specifically, could go to a European team. Didn't look as bad in the CL or EL.
Yeah I'd think he'd still be attractive to other clubs, but do you reckon they'd stump up the cash?

izec

Yeah I'd think he'd still be attractive to other clubs, but do you reckon they'd stump up the cash?
Depends on which clubs are still interested in him. The CL clubs, yes. 10m Euros is absurd. I think more like 15m + 5m bonuses or first one year loan and then a 20m option to buy him. Sounds reasonable. He is still young and one good season, he could be back on track. When players like Bentaleb get sold for 9m Euros, Depay surely can go for double that

Brophs

The One and Only
No, not really. I mean you dont speculate pointlessly around. First of all where is the article that Chelsea could sell their flops or Liverpool or City. Then they speculate, which turns into some sort of truth. You will later see posters and newspapers quoting this shit as some sort of source for them not being wanted or the club wanting to sell them. Just a month ago, Mourinho blocked a move from Spurs for Schneiderlin, surely covered by this paper and now he is a flop and could be sold in January.
I guess I don't take football journalism as seriously as you do, tbh.

Brightonian

Next two windows we should sell/release these players:

Jones
Rojo
Darmian
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Carrick
Young
Memphis
Rooney

I wouldn't sell Fellaini as we would look really short in midfield and he has done well. Januzaj could go too, but it depends on how well he does at Sunderland this year.
I'd keep Young as well, he so often makes a contribution off the bench, and is obviously happy to see out his career as a squad player. Hard to find decent benchwarmers who are happy to stick around.

Some of the above we should only sell for proper fees though, not the usual United gestural 3 or 4 mil. The likes of Darmian and Schneiderlin are good enough to keep around unless someone wants to give us real money for them.

ghagua

Half that figure for all of them and we may be onto something. Their values will be low because no one would be willing to pay their wages.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I'd keep Young as well, he so often makes a contribution off the bench, and is obviously happy to see out his career as a squad player. Hard to find decent benchwarmers who are happy to stick around.

Some of the above we should only sell for proper fees though, not the usual United gestural 3 or 4 mil. The likes of Darmian and Schneiderlin are good enough to keep around unless someone wants to give us real money for them.
I want us to be more ruthless to players not good enough.

Darmian and Schneiderlin haven't been able to embrace the big step up that Manchester United is.

The likes of CBJ, Mensah etc can replace them as squad players.

Red_toad

Half that figure for all of them and we may be onto something. Their values will be low because no one would be willing to pay their wages.[/QUOTE]

China will pay a big fee and big wages. The marketability of an ex United layer would be huge there. So I find that part of your statement very inaccurate.

ghagua

Yea, I can see these players running off to China at their peak.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Half that figure for all of them and we may be onto something. Their values will be low because no one would be willing to pay their wages.
And because none of them have put a decent performance in for at least a year (Fellaini aside, but his top bar is pretty low).

friend

We aren't going to sell them all and I'd actually be surprised if we sold anyone other than one of Rojo/Jones in the January window.

Also, the transfer fees are obviously going to depend on their wages. If they're on close to a 100k/week, then you're not likely to get more than 10M for any of them since they won't be going to a big club (except possibly Darmian and Schneiderlin).

ants7

If we do sell them, hopefully it'll be in the summer transfer window. Fixture congestion will only grow and there's no need to make our squad thinner in the middle of the season.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
United's big problem with selling any players is that few clubs will be willing and/or able to match the current wages of the players concerned. This is why you can either hardly sell anyone or only get rubbish fees.

Eriku

This France international appeared to be a good fit for United when he was signed from Southampton in the summer of 2015, but he has not started a Premier League game this season and is behind Paul Pogba, Juan Mata, Michael Carrick, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and even Fellaini in Mourinho’s plans.
Who the feck writes this shit? If you're going to mention Miki and Mata, who Schneiderlin is not competing for a CM position with, why not bring up how De Gea's ahead of him in the pecking order?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
There is no way that any club/manager will pay money, for P.Jones.
He'll most likely allow his contract to expire and whoever he signs for, it'll most likely be on a pay as you play contract.
Unfortunately, Jones does not have a body made for football.

I think we could still get some good money for the other players mentioned.
Fellaini isn't a flop, though. He is one of the most capped players of the last 2 years. Both LVG and Jose seem to hold him in high regard.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Valuation

Jones - 10m. Has lot of potential and is still youngish. But injury will mean he wont go for a lot.

Darmian - 10m. Still in his prime and Inter reportedly have money. International so will get a decent fee.

Schneiderlin - 18m. Still in his prime and Everton have money. French International and a Koeman favourite.

Fellaini - 12m. Has only a year left in his contract this summer. Not a flop but unless we are renewing his contract, he would be sold. He will easily garner interest from the big leagues (Palmer reckons he will have to goto lower leagues in the article). Could well see a team like Palace or WBA invest in him.

Rojo - 7m. Decent defender for a lower league side and an Argentine International. A lower team would get him to be useful. Especially when guys like James Tomkins gets 12m.

Depay - 15m. Still young and could be very good in a team that is focussed on him. With the money involved in the PL wouldnt be surprised to get this value
With the wages we pay you might as well cut all those price tags in half.

m1y2

getting 100m to get rid of the flops, I am not that sure more like 20 plus Rooney..

Champagne Football

Getting rid of every player on that list except for Fellaini would be a beautifully successful January. Fellaini will not be in the first XI after next summer but he's a handy squad player to have when Jose will need to give other players a rest and also when we are away to West Brom on a cold rainy Tuesday after playing a big game the weekend before. I think Old Trafford will breath a huge sigh of relief next summer also if Rooney can be convinced to take his media leaks and outrageously over-inflated salary and ego to China too

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We could get quite a bit from them actually.
Schneiderlin - 20m at least
Darmian - 15m
Jones - 5-10m
Rojo - 10-15m
Memphis - 15-20m

Mourinho won't sell Fellaini, not sure why he's there.

Minimalist

Jones and Rojo won't get much but they should go.

Schneiderlin only if Mourinho genuinely can't see a future for him and even then, £20million minimum.

Darmian is weird one. I haven't seen a match with him all season (has he played?). I wouldn't be hasty to sell him myself but what do I know.

Memphis is another weird one. I'd personally just sell/release Young and let Memphis take his place. Might as well get rid of one 'waste of skin' player and use the other who might graduate to a good player eventually.

Think you're looking at £30-40million at best.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Jones and Rojo won't get much but they should go.

Schneiderlin only if Mourinho genuinely can't see a future for him and even then, £20million minimum.

Darmian is weird one. I haven't seen a match with him all season (has he played?). I wouldn't be hasty to sell him myself but what do I know.

Memphis is another weird one. I'd personally just sell/release Young and let Memphis take his place. Might as well get rid of one 'waste of skin' player and use the other who might graduate to a good player eventually.

Think you're looking at £30-40million at best.
Again, depends on who we're selling them to. If we are selling Schneiderlin within Premiership (I think there will be buyers) then £15m is a realistic price. Not sure if any club is going to go above £20m, he has barely played any serious football for over a year and his stock has gone down.

Darmian will not find a team for him within England unless it's Watford or something. He's much more likely to go to a good club in Italy - Inter, Roma and Juventus have all been linked. None of them will go much above £5m, they usually consider signing these flops as bargains. Zlatan cost £18m when he moved to Milan.

Depay has also been linked with Italian clubs mostly, his reputation within England is not very good and I don't think many teams will take a gamble on him, especially at larger prices. Maybe £15m tops. I wouldn't give up on him just yet but if Mourinho does not feel that he can contribute, then there's zero point waiting. Letting Young go instead could be good if we can find playing time for Depay but then again Young can cover 2 or 3 positions and is competent at full back which Depay will never be.

Rojo is a bit crap but someone will still pay £5m or so. He's Argentina international. Jones we might need to let go for next to nothing, he's hardly ever fit and most don't remember that he even exists. He will obviously be fit all the time wherever he goes and will never miss a game.

Devil may care

We should be looking to get rid of these across the next 2 windows as well as Rooney and Young. I can't see more than 2 or 3 going in January though, Darmian feels a cert and I think Memphis and Schneiderlin might be keen to be off as well.