Man Utd fans that want Arsenal to win the title… explain yourselves!

Sviken

Arsenal are a proper club that I can respect. City isn't. It's as simple as that.

Victorian values

Supports
Linfield
Arsenal are a proper club that I can respect. City isn't. It's as simple as that.
Yeah, it is wonderful reading about their promotion season and how they built themselves from a South London nomads works team

Mou Mou Land

Yeah, it is wonderful reading about their promotion season and how they built themselves from a South London nomads works team
South EAST London - always be sure to say the East. I lived and worked next to Woolwich for several years and South East London is a separate republic, I promise you. :)

Bjerring

Probably already been mentioned, but I kind of like United to be the only team to do a three-peat in the PL era. That a side people mentioning Arsenal being a proper club compared to City is second.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
If you have to get updated every time you leave your home of the successes City are having, you won’t understand why.
The memory of City parading through Portland Street/Oxford Road whilst I’m trying to go about my business.That act was an unprovoked attack of cowardice because all I was trying to do was get a Big Mac and not get overcrowded by hysteria.
My existence has been violated by their recent success and the pain is deeper. I don’t have to bother with the Arsenal support because their rabies is of consequence to my day to day life.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I hope the looming prospect of a Man City treble has put this nonsense to bed now.

Come on Arteta, sort your boys out.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
No thanks. Madrid taking out City is much better
Better to spread those eggs - I mean hopefully we beat them in the FA Cup final, but I'm not exactly full of confidence that we'll do that (or even get there to be able to do it!)

sparx99

I don't 'want' anyone else to win the title other than us but if somebody has to I'd rather the titles were spread around rather than City winning yet another one. They have already 'won' 6 PL titles in the last 11 seasons.

I grew up in the 90's and hated Arsenal but given they've been out of contention like us it doesn't feel as painful as watching City dominate.

The Original

Arsenal, rivalry aside, are very much like Utd. Built on solid fundamentals, and really are the two brands that made the premier league the global commercial success it is today. It's nice to see them become relevant again.

Alex B

I want them to win it purely to prevent a City treble. If they are beaten in the FA cup or CL I'm 'happy' for City to win the league, purely because it is plastic. But yes I don't want a treble on their record if can be avoided.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can’t believe people are perfectly happy watching this league decend into a one team league.
5 league titles in the last 6 years.

Last edited:

Irwin99

Can’t believe people are perfectly happy watching this league decent into a one team league.
When/if City win 4 in a row the same old excuses will be brought out. Think people are hoping that they'll be stripped of some of their titles retrospectively but it won't happen.

MoskvaRed

Without Klopp this would be 6 in a row. Next year will probably be 4 in a row for the first time. It’s a perfect set up for managers (Pep) and players (Tintin) who don’t want to challenge themselves but it is making a mockery of our league.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Can’t believe people are perfectly happy watching this league decend into a one team league.
But Arsenal fans are annoying or something.

I mean, City have made a total mockery of this league and will continue to do so.

lsd

The Oracle
Great result how anyone can want Arsenal with their fans, the manager and the players to win this league is beyond me.

CloneMC16

When City win a treble, I hope the people that get triggered by teenage Arsenal fans on Twitter are happy...

MoskvaRed

Great result how anyone can want Arsenal with their fans, the manager and the players to win this league is beyond me.
Because Arsenal didn’t cheat? I can only assume any United fan supporting City in this title race is not from Manchester and, beyond that, fails to understand the level of distortion brought on by the petrodollars.

VWW

I grew up in Islington. I could see the old Highbury stadium from my window. Then I moved to Barnet and Wenger and the Arsenal players lived nearby so would see them regulary around the area (especially wenger on his mountain bike).

I have a soft spot for them since most of my friends support them. The fact that United werent going for the title made it easier to hope that Arsenal beat City. Dont get me wrong its equally nice to see them lose and see their fans suffer but its easier to get behind them against City. Its a shame it looks like they wont be able to do it this season.

OverratedOpinion

When City win a treble, I hope the people that get triggered by teenage Arsenal fans on Twitter are happy...
Man City under Pep are going to frequently win things. To me the fact that Arsenal have (predictably) shown that they are still complete bottlers is more fun. City's trophies are all tainted anyway and most people know that now.