Man Utd Season Ratings 2019-2020

Suedesi

David De Gea - 5.5
400 games and 9 seasons at United, 4 POTY awards should make for fairytale career, but even David's most ardent supporters can't argue that this was a successful season. Do or die time for De Gea next season, because his trajectory has been really concerning. Would be expensive to shift on those wages.

Aaron Wan Bissaka - 6
Decent debut season, solid defensively and his tackling is great. However, his performances were always going to be judged in the context of the transfer fee paid for him - fans expect the finished article, not someone who needs to improve defensive awareness, ball delivery as well as end product (in fairness he's not helped by a lack of a proper winger with whom he could form a partnership with). Would have rated him higher had it not been for the fade at the business end of the season.

Harry Maguire 8
Has provided stability in defense and his leadership qualities are clear to see. Has some glaring weaknesses in his game (lack of pace) but nothing a quick partner cannot solve. Hopefully can direct some headers on target next year.

Lindelof 7
Decent season but he needs upgrading imo. Guilty vs Sevilla, Chelsea in the FA Cup, Southampton - positionally he can be all over the place. Not aggressive enough in the air or when defending, he seems to always back off. Timing on tackles is great, and he's generally good with the ball. Just think he's the weaker of our CB pairing and doesn't complement Maguire very well.

Shaw 6
Thought he was going to kick on after last season, but missed a large chunk of this campaign. Generally reliable in defense and lackadaisical going forward.

Williams 6
The kid played a lot of games after seemingly coming out of nowhere. He lacks the defensive nous and technical ability of Shaw but makes up with grit, determination, energy and enthusiasm. Not sure why a RB is deputising for Shaw, but the fact he's playing ahead of other options (TFM, Dalot, Bailly?) means that the coaches see something more in Williams. Good kid, makes you want to root for him

Matic 7
Slow as feck, but he steadies the ship and you notice it when he's not playing. Experienced player, ended the season very well which shows he's a real pro with a lot of qualities. Not sure how much more he's got left on the tank though.

Pogba 6
Missed the best part of the season and when he came back had some hand in mouth moments (Southampton, West Ham). Incredibly talented, but still 4 seasons in we don't know what's his best position (it ain't a DLP). Can lose the ball in dangerous positions, but can also deliver a 50 yard ball on a dime. The club has shown incredible faith in him despite the circus that Raiola brings.

Fred 7
What a rollercoaster of a season. Quietly started delivering and was amongst our best performer pre lockdown including that derby at Etihad. Then Pogba returned and Fred faded. Very erratic player. Still an improvement over seasons past.

McTominay 6.5
Scott also had a mixed season. Started on fire and then his injury kinda derailed his season to the point that Matic just took his spot. Didn't look amazing in a few cameos since, but still young and improving.

Bruno Fernandes 9
Quite simply he turned our season around. So good to have a penalty scorer :) I like his creativity, energy, and charisma. Great shot, leadership, not afraid to get stuck in and put in a tackle - he's been the real deal.

Rashford 8
Rashy has limited technique and some questionable decision making in front of goal. With the negatives out of the way, there's a TON of positives - abundant drive, pace, passing quality, movement and by all accounts a superb character.
I do wonder if his injury has fully healed though and I'm concerned the club is running him to the ground. Has looked very tentative since his return from injury which makes me a bit worried.

Martial 9
Unbelievable technique, great composure, finishing ability, pace - he's got the lot. There were questions about his lack of drive, brooding attitude and whether he could play as a number 9 post Lukaku. Asked and answered!

Greenwood 9
Revelation of the season. This kid can finish and is so exciting to watch. His shooting is so good. Left, right, no backlift - back of the net.
United need to be careful how to manage him and not burn him out. Ideally Sancho can come in and Greenwood can play as a striker because that's his long term role.

Dan James 4.5
Amazing start and then fell into obscurity to the point that he's not even trusted to add spark to a clearly fatigued front line. Needs to improve a lot, I'm not sure he's anything but a punt that will be quietly moved on at some point.

Pereira 4.5
He tries hard and gets stuck in, but his end product is not good enough for a team of United's aspirations

Mata 5
Clearly doesn't have the legs anymore.

Lingard 3
I don't want to see him play for United ever again.

PS To anyone questioning the (low) ratings - we finished 33 points behind the PL winners, that is the standard United players should be judged against.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

De Gea 5
Romero 6.5
AWB 6.5
Maguire 7
Lindelöf 7
Shaw 6.5
Williams 6
Bailly 5.5
Jones 5
Tuanzebe 5.5
Young 5.5
Dalot 5
Mensah 5.5
Pogba 6.5
Mctominay 6.5
Fred 7
Matic 7
Bruno 9
Rashford 8
Martial 8
Greenwood 8
Pereira 5
Lingard 5
Mata 5.5
Ighalo 6.5
James 5.5

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
6 for Wan Bissaka is incredibly harsh when Lindelof has a 7.

The last game aside, I can't remember too many goals WB has been at fault for, but Lindelof has plenty

Bit harsh on James too. You can't reference his superb start, and then go as low as 4.5!

Utdstar01

DDG - 5.5 - levels below where he used to be.

Wan Bissaka - 6.5 - good start to the season but rubbish end. Not sure he will ever be good enough offensively to be our answer for the RB position.

Maguire - 7 - Has made a difference but also had shaky moments at times. Expect more from a 80M signing but lets see how he looks next season.

Lindelof - 6 - Has a few steady games here and there but makes far too many critical errors. Not especially good at anything either.

Shaw -7- Looked pretty solid mid-end of the season. Still our best fullback by far.

Bailly - 6 - Injured alot but has done well when he's come in aside from that crazy handball. Monstrous performance vs Chelsea in the league.

Fred - 7 - Really good start to the season. Unfortunate to lose place once Bruno came in. Still our best CM option from the bench.

Pogba - 7 - Good impact since return from Lockdown. Hope he stays.

Mctominay - 6.5 - Some really good performances against some of the bigger teams. Needs to work on his game hard to stick around but he's proven many of us wrong so far.

Matic - 6.5 - Looked more his old self mid-end of season and seemed to prove Ole wrong. Time isn't on his side though and we may need to look for a replacement for him soon.

Bruno - 9 - Brilliant. Has made the difference ever since he arrived. Even in the games that hasn't been his best in he has produced. Excited to see more.

James - 5 - Can't fault his effort. Great start to the season. Form dropped off a cliff unfortunately. Needs some coaching on his weaknesses.

Greenwood - 8.5 - Immense prospect. Has saved us in games this season at such a young age. Still developing and just needs patience.

Rashford - 8 - Talisman upto his injury, he's looked a little unlike himself ever since. Needs to work on his decision making.

Martial - 9 - POTY for me. Has been the difference maker up top and looks unstoppable at times. His work rate and hold up play have come on leaps and bounds.

Ighalo - 6 - Bagged a few goals. Not had the minutes of late but he's sure been a useful addition.

Skills

Snitch
David De Gea - 5.5
Below average.

Aaron Wan Bissaka - 6
Decent player.

Harry Maguire 6
Decent player.

Lindelof 6
Decent player

Shaw 7
Our best defender.

Williams 5
Remove the homegrown factor and he's a bit underwhelming really.

Matic 7
Good in the second half of the season.

Pogba 6
Wasn't fit long enough. Also not really playing a position to maximise his strengths.

Fred 7.5
Our best CM this year, was having a good season until he got dropped.

McTominay 6
Had big boots to fill, and wasn't bad on the face of it.

Bruno Fernandes 9
Great.

Rashford 8
8/10 pre-injury. 4/10 post lock down, but I'll give him the higher rating because we wouldn't have been in the race at all without him.

Martial 8.5
7/10 pre-lockdown. 9/10 post lockdown and our best player in the run to secure top 4.

Greenwood 8
Great. Just didn't play enough pre-lockdown. Was great in the post-lockdown run.

Dan James 5.5
Was decent, then lost all confidence. Like McTominay and Williams, I don't think he's up to much long term but he's not bad.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
De Gea = 5

Wan Bissaka = 6.5
Maguire = 6.5
Lindelof = 5
Shaw = 6
Williams = 5.5

Matic = 7
Fred = 6.5
McTominay = 5.5
Pogba = 7
Bruno = 8

Rashford = 7.5
James = 5
Martial = 8
Greenwood = 8

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
De Gea - 6
Romero - 7

AWB - 7
Lindelof - 6.5
Maguire - 7.5
Shaw - 6
Bailly - 5
Williams - 6.5
Jones - 5
Tuanzebe - 5
Dalot - 5
Timbo - 5.5
Laird - 6
Bernard - 5.5
Rojo - 5

Fernandes - 8.5
Matic - 7
Pogba - 6.5
Fred - 7
McTominay - 6
Pereira - 5.5
Lingard - 5
Mata - 5.5
Garner - 5.5
Gomes - 5
Levitt - 6

Greenwood - 8.5
Martial - 8.5
Rashford - 7.5
Ighalo - 7
James - 6
Chong - 5.5

youmeletsfly

David De Gea - 5.5
Below average.

Aaron Wan Bissaka - 6
Decent player.

Harry Maguire 6
Decent player.

Lindelof 6
Decent player

Shaw 7
Our best defender.

Williams 5
Remove the homegrown factor and he's a bit underwhelming really.

Matic 7
Good in the second half of the season.

Pogba 6
Wasn't fit long enough. Also not really playing a position to maximise his strengths.

Fred 7.5
Our best CM this year, was having a good season until he got dropped.

McTominay 6
Had big boots to fill, and wasn't bad on the face of it.

Bruno Fernandes 9
Great.

Rashford 8
8/10 pre-injury. 4/10 post lock down, but I'll give him the higher rating because we wouldn't have been in the race at all without him.

Martial 8.5
7/10 pre-lockdown. 9/10 post lockdown and our best player in the run to secure top 4.

Greenwood 8
Great. Just didn't play enough pre-lockdown. Was great in the post-lockdown run.

Dan James 5.5
Was decent, then lost all confidence. Like McTominay and Williams, I don't think he's up to much long term but he's not bad.
This nails it for me as well, spot on.

Canadianred17

De Gea 5
Romero 6.5
AWB 7.5
Maguire 7.5
Lindelöf 7
Shaw 6.5
Williams 3
Bailly 5.5
Pogba 7.5
Mctominay 5
Fred 7.5
Matic 7
Bruno 9
Rashford 8
Martial 8.5
Greenwood 9
Pereira 5
Lingard 5
Mata 5.5
Ighalo 6.5
James 2

Reactions: Sultan

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
David De Gea - 6
Not the best of seasons but ended up with a positive psXGA of 2.7 so by definition saved us more than the average keeper would have. A few high profile mistakes but generally did the job well.

Aaron Wan Bissaka - 7
Great debut season good number of assists considering his role and defensively solid (except for crosses)

Harry Maguire 8
Great player, great leader and consistently performing well for us. Massive bonus that he’s been fit and played so much for us too.

Lindelof 7
Solid season he needs to improve aerially of course but on the ground he’s immense.

Shaw 7
Our best fullback this season.

Williams 6
Good for his age

Matic 7
Hopefully he’ll be able to keep going at a high level for one more season.

Pogba 7
Good but when you miss so much of the season it can’t be great.

Fred 7
Saved us before lockdown.

McTominay 6.5
Did exactly what a squad player should do.

Bruno Fernandes 9.5
Couldn’t go 10 as the last few games he was a bit of a let down but the rest you couldn’t have asked for a more perfect start to your career at United.

Rashford 8
Rashford had a very good season all things considered.

Martial 9
My player

Greenwood 9
Revelation of the season. This kid can finish and is so exciting to watch. His shooting is so good. Left, right, no backlift - back of the net.
United need to be careful how to manage him and not burn him out. Ideally Sancho can come in and Greenwood can play as a striker because that's his long term role.

Dan James 5
Ok overall given it’s his first season in the PL and of course his personal circumstances should be taken into consideration.

The rest of the squad is 5 or below.

The Oracle

David De Gea – 4.5
Very poor. Now approaching six years since he saved a penalty in the league – despite this he is still the highest paid goalkeeper in world football. Was trusted ahead of Romero for semi-finals of the FA Cup and Europa League – and we failed to reach the final in both competitions. His time at the top is over, and his testimonial match at the end of next season should be his final ever appearance for us.

Aaron Wan Bissaka – 6
Needs to anticipate opposition players a bit better – so he doesn’t have to keep making last ditch tackles. Needs to provide better crosses when joining in with the attacking play.

Harry Maguire – 7.5
Ever present in the team, and has good leadership qualities. Seems to have a good reading of the game, and can anticipate the opposition’s attacking play – which makes up for his lack of pace (most of the time). Wins enough headers in the opposition’s box, but most of them he blazes over the bar.

Lindelof – 6.5
He’s OK, but not good enough to partner Maguire.

Shaw – 7
Was playing well before his injury. One of the best defenders we have.

Williams – 6
Lots of potential. Will develop into a really good player.

Matic – 7
Good option from the bench.

Pogba – 6
Underwhelming. If he only cost us £30m I would have no complaints. In Bruno’s shadow.

Fred – 7
Presses well and breaks down opposition play. Very concerning that he does not score goals – he looks completely shot of confidence when he goes to shoot (even more so after his atrocious free kick at Arsenal).

McTominay – 6.5
Played well before lockdown. Wasn’t trusted after it.

Bruno Fernandes – 9
Outstanding. He can be relied upon to put in a solid performance every time. Always hits the target with his shots, very rare that he blazes over the bar. Great signing.

Rashford – 8
Had a good season. Came up short when it really mattered at the end.

Martial – 8.5
Was dining out for years on his debut goal against Liverpool. Finally had a season of note, and contributed a lot of goals. Really good.

Greenwood – 7.5
Was really good after lockdown. Can see him doing great next season.

Dan James – 5
Not even Premier League standard, and should not be anywhere near Manchester United.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
De Gea 5.5
Romero 6.5
AWB 6.5
Maguire 7.5
Lindelöf 7.5
Shaw 7
Williams 7
Bailly 6
Jones 5
Tuanzebe 5
Dalot 5
Mensah 5
Pogba 7.5
Mctominay 7
Fred 7.5
Matic 6
Bruno 9
Rashford 8
Martial 8.5
Greenwood 8
Pereira 5
Lingard 5
Mata 5.5
Ighalo 6.5
James 5.5

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
De Gea 4/10
Romero 6/10

AWB 7/10
Dalot 4/10
TFM 5/10

Bailly 6/10
Lindelof 7/10
Maguire 7/10
Jones 4/10
Rojo 5/10

Shaw 7/10
Williams 7/10
Young 6/10

Pogba 6/10
Matic 7/10
McTominay 7/10
Fred 8/10

Fernandes 9/10
Andreas 4/10
Mata 5/10
Lingard 4/10

Rashford 8/10
Martial 8/10
Greenwood 8/10
James 6/10
Ighalo 6/10

Slik

De Gea - 5
AWB - 7
Lindeloff - 6.5
Maguire - 7
Shaw - 7
Matic - 7
Pogba - 7
Bruno - 9
Rashford - 7
Greenwood - 8
Martial - 8.5 - Player of the year due to performing well and also being around most of the season. (Would have been Bruno otherwise)

Fred - 7
Mctominay - 6.5
Baily - 6
Ighalo - 6.5
Romero - 6.5
Dan James - 6
Pereira - 5.5
Lingard - 4.5
Dalot - 5
Fosu mensah - 5

A players level and what is expected of them also comes into play in the ratings. De gea for example needs to do so much better. Lingard too.

Revan

Assumptionman
De Gea 5.5
AWB 6
Lindelof 7
Maguire 7.5
Shaw 7
Matic 6.5
Pogba 7
Bruno 8.5
Rashford 7.5
Martial 8
Greenwood 7.5

McTominay 6
Fred 6.5
Williams 5.5
Lingard 4
Pereira 5
James 5
Mata 5

Not rating players who played only a few games, not considering the age/experience when rating players, not considering injuries.

Terminator

AWB atleast has to be a point or two higher than Lindelof, the guy is a walking positional time bomb.

paulscholes18

From the season ratings mine are

David de Gea - 5
Romero - 6.4

AWB - 6.1
Maguire - 5.6
Lindelof - 5.3
Bailly - 7
Shaw - 5.7
Williams - 5.4

Pogba - 6.2
Fred - 5.1
Pereira - 5.5
Bruno - 6.9
Matic - 4.8
McTominay - 5.5

Greenwood - 6.1
James - 5.8
Rashford - 5.6
Lingard - 4.5
Martial - 6.1
Ighalo- 6.5

Havak

Pokemon master
Using my Caf Rating (Rounding up or down eg. 6.2 = 6, 6.3 = 6.5 etc)

de Gea - 6
Romero - 7
Grant - 5

Lindelof - 6
Bailly - 6
Maguire - 6.5
Rojo - 5.5
Young - 5
Dalot - 5.5
Shaw - 6.5
Fosu-Mensah - 5
Wan-Bissaka - 6.5
Tuanzebe - 6.5
Williams - 6.5

Pogba - 6
Andreas - 5.5
Fred - 6.5
Bruno - 8
Matic - 6.5
Garner - 6.5
McTominay - 6.5

Mata - 6
Martial - 7
Rashford - 6.5
Lingard - 5.5
James - 6
Ighalo - 6.5
Greenwood - 6.5
Chong - 5.5

A lot of players I would probably rate a bit higher or lower now for sure (I only seem to have rated 27 of our games somehow (forgetful, much like the line-ups game). Some players would have swayed me more towards the end of the season such as probably Rashford, Greenwood, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, and Shaw definitely being worthy of a 7. Lingard & Andreas would probably drop down to 5. Reasonably happy with the rest as we didn't win anything and the first half of the season was dire.

Strelok

A bit harsh on James I think. He got a very good start but later found out. He's only a backup option for £15m and this is his 1st season in the PL.

Imo he has done more than what we should expect from him.

And Pereira should get 2. He's been horrible whenever he played. And it's his third season in the PL I think. Same for Lingard.

SteveW

Anyone giving AWB less than 7 hasn't a clue about football.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Anyone giving AWB less than 7 hasn't a clue about football.
He has become the next guy to pick on after Smalling left. There is something about fans not enjoying a good underdog story me thinks :houllier: You get the delusional insults like 'he's Championship level' way too often for it not to be a touchy subject or something for some.

onemanarmy

David de Gea - 5
Romero - 6.4

AWB - 6.1
Maguire - 5.6
Lindelof - 5.3
Bailly - 7
Shaw - 5.7
Williams - 5.4

Pogba - 6.2
Fred - 5.1
Pereira - 5.5
Bruno - 6.9
Matic - 4.8
McTominay - 5.5

Greenwood - 6.1
James - 5.8
Rashford - 5.6
Lingard - 4.5
Martial - 6.1
Ighalo- 6.5
I guess you weren't happy about our team this season. Terrible ratings. Bailly a 7 and Maguire 5.6 is crazy :lol:

Negative Red

De Gea 5 - Cost us too many points.
Romero 6 - Steady

Maguire 6 - Expected more in both penalty areas. Will be better next season.
Lindelöf 6 - Not strong enough. Not quick enough to compliment Maguire. Decent sub option.
Wan Bisakka 7 - Would've been an 8 if his form didn't nosedive after lockdown.
Shaw 8 - Divides opinion but I think he's solid and makes Rashford a better player.
Williams 6 - Always gives his all but so did Ashley Young. Deserves a chance of the right.
Bailly 6 - There's a player in there somewhere. Too rash and injury prone to be reliable though.

Pogba 7 - A player of his level should be doing more but he was greatly missed when injured.
Matic 7 - Although slow, he gives us a better shape and better control in matches.
Bruno 9 - Saved our season.
McTominay 6 - Still too inconsistent. Big season next year for him.
Fred 8 - Surprised us all with his early form.
Pereira 4 - Just not up to the level we require.
Mata 6 - Would do a lot better when playing with the better players. Legs are gone sadly.

James 4 - Couple of promising games early on. Championship player nonetheless.
Ighalo 6 - Will do a job against lesser teams.
Rashford 6 - Started well, ended terribly. Still struggling with his back?
Martial 8 - Grew into a proper centre forward. Big season coming up for Tony.
Greenwood 8 - What a player this lad could be. Just got to stay injury free.
Lingard 4 - Despite given way too many chances he never performed.

The Original

Rating guide:

1-3: Abyssmal, not Premier League quality.
4-5: Average, not Man Utd quality
6: Bare minimum
7-8: As good as expected
9: Above expectations
10: A worldie of a season

David De Gea - 6

Had good moments but too many bad ones. Still a good goalkeeper but not a special one.

Aaron Wan Bissaka - 7
Still only 19. Exceptional at what he does best, and improving at what he doesn't. Should not be judged off his drop in form in the run in.

Harry Maguire - 7
Stable, all-round good defender with limited natural talent.

Lindelof - 7

Good, technical defender with limited natural talent, clever mind but way too passive for a premier league defender which is uncharacteristic of defenders at Man Utd.

Shaw 8

Reliable in defense, unexciting in attack, crucial to how Utd play.

Williams 5

All energy and enthusiasm but not a great defender and very little end product. Also not suited to playing with Rashford.

Matic 7
Brilliant player for certain games.

Pogba 7

Brilliant player learning the ropes of the DLP position. Made a few rookie errors but was instrumental and reliable in controlling the game.

Fred 7
Good player, seems to need a run of games to play into form.

McTominay 6
Good player, suffering from too much competition in the deeper areas. Needs to add more to his game.

Bruno Fernandes 8
Very good player but a bit overrated. Great energy and a good eye for a pass but needs to improve delivery and score more in open play.

Rashford 8
A great talent but ended the season on a flat note. Needs to trust his own dribbling more and improve his passing and crossing.

Martial 9
Flawless.

Greenwood 9
Brilliant striker delivering results in a wide position. Needs to be rotated or played with Martial.

Dan James 3
Started well but never really looked like a Man Utd player. Deserves another chance playing in his best position for a full season.

Pereira 4
Decent footballer but not likely to make a name for himself in the Premier League or other A league.

Mata 6
Should be thinking of retirement.

Lingard 6
Solid and underrated professional. Does not excel at anything but is very good at a few things, much like Park Ji Sung. Should stay and be a squad option.

jem

David de Gea - 5
Romero - 6.4

AWB - 6.1
Maguire - 5.6
Lindelof - 5.3
Bailly - 7
Shaw - 5.7
Williams - 5.4

Pogba - 6.2
Fred - 5.1
Pereira - 5.5
Bruno - 6.9
Matic - 4.8
McTominay - 5.5

Greenwood - 6.1
James - 5.8
Rashford - 5.6
Lingard - 4.5
Martial - 6.1
Ighalo- 6.5
It's interesting to look at that. Given your season ratings, would you feel confident in saying Pereira had a better season than Matic?

Havak

Pokemon master
Aaron Wan Bissaka - 7
Still only 19. Exceptional at what he does best, and improving at what he doesn't. Should not be judged off his drop in form in the run in.
He's 22.

Agree with the rating though. Regardless of some bad performances / dips in form at times, he and Maguire are probably the biggest reasons why we conceded significantly fewer goals and have one of the best clean sheet rates in Europe. It was their first season with us too, you'd expect improvement next term.

It was unfortunate that de Gea had bad moments at the same time these guys did. In seasons gone by, de Gea would have saved Maguire's bacon when he made a mistake, but instead it was mistake upon mistake at times costing us goals.

EwanI Ted

DDG - 5 - He's an average goalkeeper at this point. Difficult to pinpoint what the exact problem is, because he hasn't had an injury and doesn't look like he's getting too slow and old. He was always average at taking crosses, distribution, sweeping etc but the fact that he'd bail us out multiple times a season with breathtaking saves made up for it. Without those, why exactly are paying this much for our goalkeeper?

AWB - 7 - great defender, limited going forward. However this is a bit more forgivable in a new, young player who showed signs of improving and the fact he settled in so quickly is reflected in his score. Will need to improve next season and beyond to stay in the first team though.

Maguire - 8 - great addition that's made a real difference. Not world class and probably never will be, but steady, settled and will be the base on which our defence is built. Stats show him among the best in the league. Needs a better partner though. And it's a mystery how he keeps missing all those headers from corners. Could easily have scored 5 more goals.

Lindelöf - 6 - the best of the rest, but only just. Same as last year really, some good features but all round he comes up short. Too slow, not dominant in the air, prone to errors and his passing and positional play aren't good enough to make up for those problems. Does occasionally pull out a real monster of a game, there just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when they happen.

Shaw - 5 - another normal Shaw season, some good performances in there but little end product and far from watertight at the back. The kind of player you'd settle for if he was super reliable, but his injury record is appalling - just 20 league starts this year, and that's his second best total in 6 seasons. Hard to justify the constant juggling and changing for a player who isn't even that great when he's available.

Matic - 6.5 - still really good and suits Pogba's game, but looks like even one game a week is too much for him over a whole season. When he's tired, his game really goes off a cliff, but when he's fresh he could be outstanding.

Pogba - 6 - Missed most of the season with injury and while that deep position is better than I expected, he still looks a bit diminished that far from goal. Looks better when he can push forward and sit next to Bruno in a kind of 4-1-2-3, but that's not always possible.

Fred - 7 - was heading for our POTY early on this season but went off the radar post lockdown. The Sevilla game showed that he can play alongside Pogba, despite a lot of fans doubting it. Not a player to build your team round but one of the few quality players we have on the bench.

McTominay - 6.5 - brilliant early on, was one of our key players til his injury near Christmas. Never quite hit the heights since. Also affected by our conundrum in midfield. He isnt a replacement for Pogba but also doesn't work alongside him. Needs to play with Fred, but he and Fred aren't forcing Pogba to the bench.

Bruno - 8 - I'd give him a perfect 10 for his run after he came but obviously he wasn't here for two thirds of the season. From tactics to attitude to quality, he was just what we needed. Went off the boil towards the end, but hopefully that was just fatigue.

Rashford - 8 - kept us afloat early on this season and his goal return was well deserved. Some lovely tricks make him a great player to watch. Didn't really do that well after lockdown, but that could be due to him missing 6 months of football with injury & lockdown and then coming back to a relentless schedule. Still contributed even when he wasn't sparkling, and even playing badly he kept wanting the ball, which is a good sign.

Martial - 9 - player of the season for me. Something seemed to click after Christmas and he had a determination and grit that went alongside his obvious talent. He's improved his all round game as well, but its his mental toughness that has really impressed me. He wants to get involved in every game, rather than waiting for things to happen. The way he couldn't stop smiling after getting that hat trick was charming.

Greenwood - 8 - great breakthrough season for the lad. Don't know what he's been eating but he looked like he'd gained 10 kilo of muscle during lockdown, he has the build of a man now having started out the season looking skinny as. Still needs to improve his wing play, if he's going to play out wide, and his heading and hold up play could do with some work. But there's plenty of time for those to develop and he has the advantage of making the most difficult thing in football look natural - putting the ball in the net.

James - 4 - tough season for the kid. Did his best, and actually 5 goals and 6 assists in all competitions would usually be considered a good return for a young player in their first season. But he ended up thrust in the limelight before he was ready - 26 starts in the league when it should have been more like 5 - and he wilted. Fingers crossed he gets his confidence back because he did show promise early on.

Williams - 7 - excellent season from the perspective of his development as a young player. Mixed performances on the pitch, though being on the left I think didn't help when going forward. Has the attitude of a United player, hopefully he has the quality to match. Great first goal.

Mata - 4 - top bloke, but its time to find a club with fewer demands on his body.

Pereira - 4 - didn't justify his place and should probably leave.

Lingard - 4 - perhaps due to personal reasons, but comfortably his worst season at the club. Could do with a fresh start somewhere else.

Ighalo - 5 - a little mid-season feel good story.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Looking at this thread it looks like Martial should be favourite for POTS considering Bruno has only played half a season, that would be well deserved.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
de Gea - 5 - Cost us quite a few games.
Romero - 7 - Solid back-up apart from one error in Europa.

AWB - 7 - Very good debut season but needs to cut out positioning mistakes and improve going forward.
Dalot - RIP
Lindelof - 7 - Solid, not as error prone as people expected him to be.
Maguire - 7.5 - Added more than just what he does on the pitch. A leader and has improved the defence. A couple of individual errors and needs to improve his headers at attacking corners because they're awful.
Tuanzebe - RIP
Jones - RIP
Bailly - 6 - Did well when he played but too Phil Jonesy getting injured all the time.
Shaw - 7 - Our attack basically disppeared after he got injured. He'll never blow you away but he is solid and much better defensively than people give him credit for.
Williams - 7 - Considering he only broke into the team this season he's done well. Definitely areas to improve though.

Fred - 6.5 - Great run in the team before we signed Bruno and is a good squad option.
Matic - 6.5 - Started awful but turned it around before dipping again. Needs to be managed properly.
Pogba - 6 - Absent for most of the season. Played ok when he was back but the role he is currently occupying is a bit basic.
McTominay - 6 - Started the season well but tailed off a bit and seems out of favour.
Lingard - 4 - Shouldn't really be here anymore.
Mata - 5 - Probably past it but can turn it on every now and then.
Bruno - 9.5 - Can't really fault him. Naturally more tired towards the end of the season but that's understandable.

James - 4.5 - Started really well but dropped off a cliff. Confidence clearly very low.
Rashford - 8 - Had extremely hot and extremely cold moments but it's been his best scoring season ever (more than Hazard's best from the left) despite playing through a fractured back and being out for months. Harsh to judge him on his post lockdown return.
Martial - 9 - Brilliant. Completely different player now he fights for every ball.
Greenwood - 8.5 - Perfect debut season for him and at just 18. So much more to come.
Ighalo - 6.5 - Did a job, decent backup.

Paul_Scholes18

You guys are generous as feck. Looking at my matchday ratings only Bruno gets above a 7.
People are too harsh to judge players after poor games. Being calm and collected can give a better judgement.
Although I am sure noone remembers all performances at this very moment.
How good James started out to be is highly forgotten I guess. Also Lingard being very good vs City etc.

Panther

De Gea 5
Romero 5
AWB 6
Maguire 7
Lindelöf 6
Shaw 7
Williams 5
Bailly 4
Jones 3
Tuanzebe 3
Young 4
Dalot 5
Mensah 4
Pogba 6
Mctominay 6
Fred 6
Matic 8
Bruno 9
Rashford 7
Martial 8
Greenwood 7
Pereira 4
Lingard 3
Mata 4
Ighalo 4
James 5

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Using my Caf Rating (Rounding up or down eg. 6.2 = 6, 6.3 = 6.5 etc)

de Gea - 6
Romero - 7
Grant - 5

Lindelof - 6
Bailly - 6
Maguire - 6.5
Rojo - 5.5
Young - 5
Dalot - 5.5
Shaw - 6.5
Fosu-Mensah - 5
Wan-Bissaka - 6.5
Tuanzebe - 6.5
Williams - 6.5

Pogba - 6
Andreas - 5.5
Fred - 6.5
Bruno - 8
Matic - 6.5
Garner - 6.5
McTominay - 6.5

Mata - 6
Martial - 7
Rashford - 6.5
Lingard - 5.5
James - 6
Ighalo - 6.5
Greenwood - 6.5
Chong - 5.5

A lot of players I would probably rate a bit higher or lower now for sure (I only seem to have rated 27 of our games somehow (forgetful, much like the line-ups game). Some players would have swayed me more towards the end of the season such as probably Rashford, Greenwood, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, and Shaw definitely being worthy of a 7. Lingard & Andreas would probably drop down to 5. Reasonably happy with the rest as we didn't win anything and the first half of the season was dire.
I’d agree with this to be honest. Maybe De Gea a 5 instead of 6 but it’s Bob on otherwise. Even our best players don’t deserve over an 8 in comparison to the lines of Mane, KdB, VVD etc

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
People are too harsh to judge players after poor games. Being calm and collected can give a better judgement.
Although I am sure noone remembers all performances at this very moment.
How good James started out to be is highly forgotten I guess. Also Lingard being very good vs City etc.
Ratings over time give a clear picture. Dan James had 46 appearances. I have him at 5.9 for the season. Seems accurate, but I have a system for match ratings that I generally stick to.

hobbers

De Gea 4.5
Lost his edge and his hunger

Romero 7
Solid when called upon

AWB 5.5
Fine defender but ruined countless attacks with inept forward play

Maguire 6.5
Not an 80m centreback in the slightest, but at least he stayed fit for every minute of every game.

Lindelöf 5.5
Bullied far too often

Shaw 6.5
Some good runs of form but still too injury prone

Williams 6
Decent breakthrough season

Bailly 5
Decent when he played, but hardly ever fit

Jones 1
Pointless

Tuanzebe 3
Never fit

Dalot 2
Not good enough

Mensah 5
Did okay when called upon, not United quality

Pogba 5.5
Absent for almost all of the season and badly upstaged by Bruno when he did come back

McTominay 5
Hasn't progressed

Fred 5.5
Usually okay

Matic 6
Good period of form after he was brought back in. Still not any sort of long term solution to CDM

Bruno 9
Best player since he arrived

Rashford 6.5
Good before injury, poor since restart

Martial 7
Much improved

Greenwood 8.5
Amazing breakthrough season

Pereira 2
Barely featured, not good enough

Lingard 1.5
Pointless, aside from one moment against Leicester