Man Utd set to appoint Director of Football (when hell freezes over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopher Brown

It’s becoming all too clear that the hierarchy at the club have no intention whatsoever to appoint a DoF, and that all of this is a PR exercise to deflect attention away from the lack of organisation at the centre of the club.

We’re nearly a quarter of the way through this transfer window and we’re still discussing who they might bring in. A proper forward-thinking club would have brought someone in in January/February to give them time to establish their strategy.

Woody better play a blinder. Very little faith that he will though.

edcunited1878

Just shows that the club itself wasn't truly prepared post-Fergie way back in 2013. Signs were there that United relied far too much on older legs sprinkled with the requisite individual talent and team attitude/spirit/application.

However, not a surprise and it's been something many of us have believed to be true since Moyes was sacked. There's no true blueprint that has been adhered to or developed. The only thing that has remained consistent throughout the past 6 years as United has yo-yo'd as a Champions League qualifying club is Woodward.

wolvored

If they havent come in by the end of the month, the transfer commitee DOF or whatever wont happen. According to Ole via the media, he wants all the transfer business done by 1 July.

roseguy64

It’s becoming all too clear that the hierarchy at the club have no intention whatsoever to appoint a DoF, and that all of this is a PR exercise to deflect attention away from the lack of organisation at the centre of the club.

We’re nearly a quarter of the way through this transfer window and we’re still discussing who they might bring in. A proper forward-thinking club would have brought someone in in January/February to give them time to establish their strategy.

We only started searching in January and we should have rushed an appointment?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If they havent come in by the end of the month, the transfer commitee DOF or whatever wont happen. According to Ole via the media, he wants all the transfer business done by 1 July.
Every manager wants to have their squad ready to go before pre-season. Few of them have that luxury.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think we'll appoint someone before the season starts.
There were few reports long back saying same. We will sign someone before the start of season which means there won't be one actively working in this window.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There were few reports long back saying same. We will sign someone before the start of season which means there won't be one actively working in this window.
That's what I read. So I'm excpecting a technical director to come in, but not for the current transfer window.

Gopher Brown

We only started searching in January and we should have rushed an appointment?
You can appoint a new manager in a few days, you can buy a player you’ve never been linked with in a month. If they intend to appoint someone what they’ve done is basically write off this transfer window (and probably next January’s one too) because they’re too slow. A DoF is to help us catch up to Liverpool and City, and instead we’re standing still.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
You can appoint a new manager in a few days, you can buy a player you’ve never been linked with in a month. If they intend to appoint someone what they’ve done is basically write off this transfer window (and probably next January’s one too) because they’re too slow. A DoF is to help us catch up to Liverpool and City, and instead we’re standing still.
How do you know we’re standing still?
Just because one hasn’t been appointed yet? It may be that Utd don’t want go down that route at all.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I don't understand how this isn't the most obvious thing to do yet. Woodward is out f his depth and his countless stupid decisions have managed to take a mammoth of a club to a Europa league side in 6 years. At this rate we will announce a director at the end of the window and get no business done under him, or worse we won't appoint one at all and throw anther fortune down th drain.

Ziggy Starduster

It ain’t happening. Never was. Come the start of pre-season I suspect we will have one new first team player and no DoF or similar.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It truly is amazing that a club that in essence is the poster child for a modern corporate run football club is so ridiculously poor at strategic planning and staffing.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There was no need for one 7 years ago, and there's no need for one now. If we get the right Manager that will become obvious, or it should.
We can’t have non-football people make key decisions about football matters. It’s not just about spending £850m on the right players and winning, it’s about having sustainable long term strategy in order not to go through short cycles forever.

Pav1878

I have been all for a DoF but tbh if you have a top manager you don't need one.

Klopp and Pep could get success whether they had one or not. We on the other hand don't have a top manager so a DOFmay be a good idea to help Ole out

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have been all for a DoF but tbh if you have a top manager you don't need one.

Klopp and Pep could get success whether they had one or not. We on the other hand don't have a top manager so a DOFmay be a good idea to help Ole out
Pep needs Tixi. City reportedly brought Tixi to the club years before Pep to attract him to their project. They have a fantastic relationship with each other since their Barcelona days.

zizi

What the feck is taking so long?
By prestige, trophies, history, ect we are one of the top 4/5 clubs in the world, and if our aspirations are to get back there then we'll be targeting people that reflect that. Why do you think it'll be quick to recruitment somebody when there is probably only a handful of people in contention and most of them have jobs.

'Yes men' are hard to come by, especially if everyone suspects they are only being brought on board to be the fallguy for Woodward.
Yes men are easy to come by, just recruit any old person that is under qualified and would jump at the chance.

We literally have no idea who they are discussing unless you are privy to those discussions? What if the person didn't want to come in January? "Its becoming clear"? because of what? can i ask what are you expecting on a day to day basis?

Because its june and we haven't spent 400m sold pogba martial and lingard and implemented messi and ronaldo as co DoFs?

I don't understand how this isn't the most obvious thing to do yet. Woodward is out f his depth and his countless stupid decisions have managed to take a mammoth of a club to a Europa league side in 6 years. At this rate we will announce a director at the end of the window and get no business done under him, or worse we won't appoint one at all and throw anther fortune down th drain.
do any of you think that maybe, just maybe, there are moving pieces behind the scenes that you don't hear about? If we have identified a potential DoF how would you know it? What if the DoF wants to go on holiday before deciding? What if his Wife wants to make sure his kids get enrolled in school before agreeing to move? What if there is no DoF and there is a committee being implemented?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Madrid, Bayern n United all need a rebuild.

Madrid n Bayern already secured 3/4 players each for next season and we can't even decide on someone for a made up new role who won't have much power at all anyway. :(

A part of me actually wants it go badly again. Even worse than Fred, Dalot, Grant which lets be honest was an atrocious window for us. I want Ed n Glazers out.

el3mel

Madrid n Bayern already secured 3/4 players each for next season and we can't even decide on someone for a made up new role who won't have much power at all anyway. :(

A part of me actually wants it go badly again. Even worse than Fred, Dalot, Grant which lets be honest was an atrocious window for us. I want Ed n Glazers out.
It'll go badly again without needing to hope for it. The writing is on the wall already.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

What 3 or 4 players have they secured each?

Norris

This was meant to be in place by the start of the transfer window. I still find it bizarre that an action plan we started well over a year ago and we are still no clearer to knowing what the state is. If i't going to be a committee like operation, I would actually favour that, since it means the roles and responsibilities would be divided and that whatever differing opinions can be sorted via proper communication and understanding of the club and the team.

Gopher Brown

How do you know we’re standing still?
Just because one hasn’t been appointed yet? It may be that Utd don’t want go down that route at all.
By prestige, trophies, history, ect we are one of the top 4/5 clubs in the world, and if our aspirations are to get back there then we'll be targeting people that reflect that. Why do you think it'll be quick to recruitment somebody when there is probably only a handful of people in contention and most of them have jobs.

Yes men are easy to come by, just recruit any old person that is under qualified and would jump at the chance.

We literally have no idea who they are discussing unless you are privy to those discussions? What if the person didn't want to come in January? "Its becoming clear"? because of what? can i ask what are you expecting on a day to day basis?

Because its june and we haven't spent 400m sold pogba martial and lingard and implemented messi and ronaldo as co DoFs?

do any of you think that maybe, just maybe, there are moving pieces behind the scenes that you don't hear about? If we have identified a potential DoF how would you know it? What if the DoF wants to go on holiday before deciding? What if his Wife wants to make sure his kids get enrolled in school before agreeing to move? What if there is no DoF and there is a committee being implemented?
Why are you both trying to defend the indefensible? The club have reportedly wanted to appoint a DoF since Jose was here, which is 7 months ago now. They haven’t got anywhere with it. If they were serious about it, the process could take a month or so. The season ended a few weeks ago now, so it’s not even a case of waiting until the summer to appoint.

You really think if we wanted the RB Leipzig DoF, or the Norwich DoF they’d keep us waiting? Until when exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.