Man Utd sleeve sponsor: Kohler

gr3yham3

Any sources about the 20m per year we are getting from Kohler? Haven't seen any figures floating around so far...

Red4Life_#7

Griezmann probably was coming so the Reddit guy could have been right. Remember Torres saying ' We need you ' and Griezmann crying, this didn't look like a man who had already decided on staying. Griezmann changed his mind, so I still think the Reddit guy is credible.

goober88

Great a sleeve sponsor, I wish Ed would put more effort into trying to get new signings in and ridding of our deadwood, although what we might consider deadwood Jose thinks are star players/signings (Fellaini) so I suppose can't blame him for that one. It just seems Utd are more interested in getting all these sponsorship deals done than seeing to getting the team back to competing at the top level.
It looks like we are slowly but surely starting to turn into Arsenal, Top 4, Champions league qualification, job done.
Is this post a joke?

Man United are a £2bn club, they have enough employees to focus on both commercial deals and signing players and, by the same token, signing a commercial deal doesn't mean we're more interested in that than in getting back to the top in football. This is especially true when you consider that more money from sponsors means a better chance at on-field success.

Pretty much every top club in the PL has signed a sleeve sponsor deal: are they becoming like Arsenal too? We're not becoming Arsenal but our fans are becoming Arsenal fans, complaining when the club improves its financial situation and pushing the ridiculous notion that the business and football side of a club are hostile to each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: KM

GeorgieBoy

At least the logo looks ok.
I still think it ruins the kit a bit though.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Griezmann probably was coming so the Reddit guy could have been right. Remember Torres saying ' We need you ' and Griezmann crying, this didn't look like a man who had already decided on staying. Griezmann changed his mind, so I still think the Reddit guy is credible.
Sounds like the words of the reddit guy.

Marcky411

Is this post a joke?

Man United are a £2bn club, they have enough employees to focus on both commercial deals and signing players and, by the same token, signing a commercial deal doesn't mean we're more interested in that than in getting back to the top in football. This is especially true when you consider that more money from sponsors means a better chance at on-field success.

Pretty much every top club in the PL has signed a sleeve sponsor deal: are they becoming like Arsenal too? We're not becoming Arsenal but our fans are becoming Arsenal fans, complaining when the clubs improves it financial situation and pushing the ridiculous notion that the business and football side of a club are hostile to each other.
Remember my joke post, when the season starts and all we have signed is Fred, Delot and Fellaini. The last so many years we have either signed 3 or 4 players per year, last year 3 and Sanchez in January. Well we have now too signed 3, maybe one more to come in and remember no one has left yet, except Carrick. United has become big business with shareholders and to them the balance sheet comes first and the football second. Us as fans might think differently but to say that Ed and the Glaser family consider the business side as important as the football side, I doubt it. Every time we have gone in strongly in the transfer market was when we dropped out of the Top 4, e.g. After Moyes, after LvG's second season and again a new manager. Now after last season you would expect Utd to really be active, seeing last year we won nothing and ended up 20 points behind City, but we are not. As usual we are linked to everyone but no solid signs of any more players coming in.

Deleted member 101472

would be cool if we had a collar on this seasons kits and then put this sponsor there.

MrPooni

Remember my joke post, when the season starts and all we have signed is Fred, Delot and Fellaini. The last so many years we have either signed 3 or 4 players per year, last year 3 and Sanchez in January. Well we have now too signed 3, maybe one more to come in and remember no one has left yet, except Carrick. United has become big business with shareholders and to them the balance sheet comes first and the football second. Us as fans might think differently but to say that Ed and the Glaser family consider the business side as important as the football side, I doubt it. Every time we have gone in strongly in the transfer market was when we dropped out of the Top 4, e.g. After Moyes, after LvG's second season and again a new manager. Now after last season you would expect Utd to really be active, seeing last year we won nothing and ended up 20 points behind City, but we are not. As usual we are linked to everyone but no solid signs of any more players coming in.
We have an entirely separate commercial arm based in London specifically put in place to separate our marketing efforts from our football operations and have done for years so you're talking absolute rubbish here mate. Save your senseless muppetry for the transfer forum.

goober88

Remember my joke post, when the season starts and all we have signed is Fred, Delot and Fellaini. The last so many years we have either signed 3 or 4 players per year, last year 3 and Sanchez in January. Well we have now too signed 3, maybe one more to come in and remember no one has left yet, except Carrick.
You can't make an argument based on something that might not happen. Regardless, none of this speaks to my point. The Kohler deal is good and us getting it tied up does not take time away from pursuing transfer deals. The fact that you conflate these two things suggest to me that you are just having a (nonsensical) grumble.

United has become big business with shareholders and to them the balance sheet comes first and the football second. Us as fans might think differently but to say that Ed and the Glaser family consider the business side as important as the football side, I doubt it.
Oh no, not BIG business! If it was little business, I suppose the owners would care a lot less about making money?

You, and a lot of other football fans, seem to having trouble understanding that the football and the money side of things shrink and expand together. Will the Glazers make more money if Man Utd win 10 PLs and 10 CLs in a row? Yes! Will they make less money if the club becomes a midtable side or if it gets relegated? Yes! It's like saying someone who sells computers only cares about the money. Guess what? They make money by making the best computers they can make, just as the Glazers make money because of the football at the club.

You can talk about lack of a supposed lack of investment at the club but that's not because of business. All businesses require investment. If a computer manufacturer doesn't invest, it will fall behind its competitors and go out of business. The same is true for us in that lack of investment will hurt our bottom line. The problem isn't caring about making money, the problem is short-sightedness or bad business. That's if there even is a problem.

Every time we have gone in strongly in the transfer market was when we dropped out of the Top 4, e.g. After Moyes, after LvG's second season and again a new manager. Now after last season you would expect Utd to really be active, seeing last year we won nothing and ended up 20 points behind City, but we are not. As usual we are linked to everyone but no solid signs of any more players coming in.
I don't care! None of these things were spoken about in your first post and it wasn't what I was responding to.

Reactions: Sultan

meamth

Whatever it is, this deal further ensure that Manchester United is still the commercial mammoth in world football. Maybe the most successful if you're discounting Real Madrid's and Barcelona's TV rights monopoly.

Great times for the club, but we need major trophies now to back that up! welcome Kohler!

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I'm quite conservative but I fecking hate this kind of corporate shit. It's just a matter of time before Formula 1 style kits with sponsorship badges covering every inch of the shirt, adverts painted onto the playing pitch and Old Trafford being called the Sony stadium.

Just feck off.

I'm sure there'll be the usual symphony of "but it means more £££ = more players = trophies" but I'd rather watch my team play football than a 90 minute long advert for 150 different companies.

MrPooni

I'm quite conservative but I fecking hate this kind of corporate shit. It's just a matter of time before Formula 1 style kits with sponsorship badges covering every inch of the shirt, adverts painted onto the playing pitch and Old Trafford being called the Sony stadium.
How much are you willing to bet that any of the above is actually going to happen?

wolvored

That's around the same the other top clubs get for their sleeve sponsor, isn't it?
I really thought we would destroy the others again in the sponsorship category
Think its less than Arsenal, and I dont think we have the highest kit sponsorship anymore

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Think its less than Arsenal, and I dont think we have the highest kit sponsorship anymore
We have the highest kit sponsorship in PL atleast. Nobody comes close. Also the Sun is reporting that the deal is worth twice the next best deal which tallies with the 20m pounds per year.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Richard Arnold handles major marketing now and has been doing it ever since Gill retired, so you're wrong about the already flawed hypothesis that Woodward shouldn't focus on maximising our marketing revenue.

Oldham

I absolutely loved Jürgen. Along with Baresi the two best defenders I've seen

wolvored

We have the highest kit sponsorship in PL atleast. Nobody comes close. Also the Sun is reporting that the deal is worth twice the next best deal which tallies with the 20m pounds per year.
I was reading an article about Arsenals deal which was the biggest at 10 million. If Utds is 20 million then obviously it beats them. I also read Barcas shirt deal was higher than Utds as well

Giggs86

Great, now we have to wear a name on the sleeve of a company that makes fecking urinals.

MrPooni

I was reading an article about Arsenals deal which was the biggest at 10 million. If Utds is 20 million then obviously it beats them. I also read Barcas shirt deal was higher than Utds as well
Barcelona's deal with Rakuten is worth €55m per year for 4 years whereas our Chevy sponsorship is worth £53 million per year over 7 years.

Last edited:

meamth

You're consistently giving wrong facts. Barcelona only recently trumps United with its new Nike deal, but that's it.

Manchester United is the most lucrative football team in the world. We have the most money from sponsorships.

wolvored

You're consistently giving wrong facts. Barcelona only recently trumps United with its new Nike deal, but that's it.

Manchester United is the most lucrative football team in the world. We have the most money from sponsorships.
It was on an article on Newsnow about Arsenal having the best sleeve deal. Im only quoting what I have read, and the Barca one was true, so how am i "consistently giving wrong facts"?

wolvored

Barcelona's deal with Rakuten is worth €55m per year for 4 years whereas our Chevy sponsorship is worth £53 million per year over 7 years.
Rakuten’s deal – they will become Barca’s Global Innovation and Entertainment Partner – could rise to as much as £53m per season should the club land La Liga and the Champions League.

It's a deal that tops Manchester United’s £52 million-a-season deal with Chevrolet.

wolvored

I read Arsenal deal on newsnow was the highest and the article was pre utds deal so was wrong on the one, so how can you say i am "consistently giving wrong facts"?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Rakuten’s deal – they will become Barca’s Global Innovation and Entertainment Partner – could rise to as much as £53m per season should the club land La Liga and the Champions League.

It's a deal that tops Manchester United’s £52 million-a-season deal with Chevrolet.
Uniform deals jumped to the forefront in 2014 when Manchester United signed its seven-year, $559 million contract with Chevrolet . That $80 million-per-year payout more than doubled what the team was getting from its prior jersey sponsorship and blew away the rest of the field
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chriss...ble-sponsorship-deals-in-soccer/#258cd9259e0e

From forbes sites, so going by current rate, it's 60 million pounds per year.

Edit:
From Barca site
The agreement will stand until 30 June 2021, with the option of a one-year extension. The club will receive 55 million euros per year of the contract, which was approved by the members at December’s Extraordinary General Assembly.
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/ne...al-with-fc-barcelona-takes-effect-as-of-today

MrPooni

Not sure why you're throwing The Sun's Sanchez math at us when Barcelona's official press release and every reputable source out there (including Barcelona's official website as @roonster09 pointed out) has their figure pegged at €55 million and ours pegged at £53 million – not that it matters that much anyway given the article you cited states that Barcelona would have to win the Champions League and La Liga every season of the deal for it to "top Manchester United's £52 million-a-season deal with Chevrolet" which they haven't done since the deal's inception. You're also (like The Sun) ignoring the length of the respective deals which again (even when accounting for currency fluctuations) clearly puts us over every club out there so I'm going to agree with @meamth and say you've been consistently wrong on the facts in pretty much every post you've made in this thread so far but keep doing you man.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Just feck off.

I'm sure there'll be the usual symphony of "but it means more £££ = more players = trophies" but I'd rather watch my team play football than a 90 minute long advert for 150 different companies.
Everyone getting a sleeve deal basically just drives up transfer fees. Nobody really gets ahead.

But if everyone else does it, we have to too, unfortunately.