Man Utd updated schedule - 4 games in 8 days | Roma, Villa, Leicester, Liverpool

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Beat Villa and we can do what we want, and what we should want is to screw Liverpool over, obviously.

AndyMUFC

You'd think that we'll play this team we're putting out today against Liverpool on Thursday.

Still reckon at least three of Maguire, Pogba, Fernandes and Rashford will end up starting Tuesday too so be nice to start quickly today in order to take players off.

Castia

Still not a fan of McFred. In the long run we won’t win anything with these 2.

Pogba and Rashford out of position to accommodate them is the scary thing.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Tuesday will be full changes I think.

DDG
Williams
Axel
Bailly
Telles
Matic
VDB
James
Mata
Amad
Greenwood

always_hoping

W
Why should Chelsea win and we dont?
It's a if on what United do. In regards to Chelsea they aren't dealing with a congested schedule and Arsenal, Leicester at (H) and Villa (A) they should win all those games, especially as they won't be playing a 2nd string side in any of those matches like United are forced to do.

cyberman

It's a if on what United do. In regards to Chelsea they aren't dealing with a congested schedule and Arsenal, Leicester at (H) and Villa (A) they should win all those games, especially as they won't be playing a 2nd string side in any of those matches like United are forced to do.
But today is or 8th league win in 9 or something. We are the form side in the league. We arent less likely to win than Chelsea

Robbo*

theres a chance Leicester and Chelsea rest players midweek for the FA Cup final, who knows.

KennyBurner

I think we should weaken ourselves against Leicester. Our champions league is secured. I don’t want Liverpool playing in Europe.

The United

I think we should try to win all games to get momentum. Screwing Liverpool (if possible) is nice but not the expense of us losing momentum for coming seasons.

Finishing strong + a couple of good signing should give us all the edges that we need to kick on for next season(s).

Andy_Cole

I think we should try to win all games to get momentum. Screwing Liverpool (if possible) is nice but not the expense of us losing momentum for coming seasons.

Finishing strong + a couple of good signing should give us all the edges that we need to kick on for next season(s).
This. Literally 4 games left of the season. Let’s just win them all now.

Marwood

I doubt one game against Leicester will have any bearing on how we start next season.

If anything I think a few appearances for a couple of the young lads realluy could help us next year. It's a low pressure situation, perfect time for them to get those first few starts under their belt.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
As many changes as possible for Tuesday

Telles, Tuanzebe, Donnie, Dan James, Mata, Williams, Matic...give Elanga, Diallo, Mebrji and Hugill places on the bench....

Then full strength against Liverpool.

Ted1985

As many changes as possible for Tuesday

Telles, Tuanzebe, Donnie, Dan James, Mata, Williams, Matic...give Elanga, Diallo, Mebrji and Hugill places on the bench....

Then full strength against Liverpool.
This is what I am also hoping for and what I am expecting. Didnt Ole say something about players playing on tuesday would not be playing on thursday? If so, then the game on tuesday could be very interesting to watch.

Highfather_24

Wrong thread sorry
Still doesnt make sense. Neither Pogba nor Rashford are fit to play in a midfield 2. Even if we had Keane and Scholes playing in midfield it has nothing to do with Rashford or Pogba playing out of position.

The United

I doubt one game against Leicester will have any bearing on how we start next season.

If anything I think a few appearances for a couple of the young lads realluy could help us next year. It's a low pressure situation, perfect time for them to get those first few starts under their belt.
I said I wanted us to prepare mentally to go in with winning every game this season. Who knows if we will win all.

But, deliberately trying to not win a game would hurt us professionally. Ole would not do it obviously.

dave1956

We should play with the intention of winning all our remaining games. We can still win the league, what if city ( Unlikely I admit ) went on to drops points and finished winning the league by a point.

Matthew84!

We've got a chance to give some youngsters a game tomorrow, lots of our players need some playing time too such as Williams, Telles, Mata, DVB.
I'd gladly take a draw now.

Castia

Still doesnt make sense. Neither Pogba nor Rashford are fit to play in a midfield 2. Even if we had Keane and Scholes playing in midfield it has nothing to do with Rashford or Pogba playing out of position.

I was refering to Rashford and Pogba being played out of position. Pogba on the left and Rashford on the right to fit McFred in midfield.

Highfather_24

I was refering to Rashford and Pogba being played out of position. Pogba on the left and Rashford on the right to fit McFred in midfield.
Exactly my point. That's like saying we are playing Rashford and Pogba out of position to fit Lindelof-Maguire at CB. Its irrelevant.

Neither Pogba nor Rashford play well at CM in a midfield 2. So why does it matter whether its McFred in midfield or Scholes and Carrick.

Regardless of the CM pairing, Pogba and Rashford playing their best in the same position means one of them has to compromise to play in the same team. And that has nothing to do with the CM pairing(unless you think Fred/McT should lose their place to Pogba in a midfield 2).

Castia

Exactly my point. That's like saying we are playing Rashford and Pogba out of position to fit Lindelof-Maguire at CB. Its irrelevant.

Neither Pogba nor Rashford play well at CM in a midfield 2. So why does it matter whether its McFred in midfield or Scholes and Carrick.

Regardless of the CM pairing, Pogba and Rashford playing their best in the same position means one of them has to compromise to play in the same team. And that has nothing to do with the CM pairing(unless you think Fred/McT should lose their place to Pogba in a midfield 2).
Because McFred have the midfield locked down the likes of Pogba and VDB can’t play their natural position which has an knock on effect that sees players play out of position (Pogba on the left Rashford on the right etc)

Anyway this isn’t the correct thread we’re going way off topic.

Highfather_24

Because McFred have the midfield locked down the likes of Pogba and VDB can’t play their natural position which has an knock on effect that sees players play out of position (Pogba on the left Rashford on the right etc)

Anyway this isn’t the correct thread we’re going way off topic.
Wait, what do you think is Pobga's natural position? Do you think his natural position is where Fred or McTominay play?

Castia

Wait, what do you think is Pobga's natural position? Do you think his natural position is where Fred or McTominay play?
Central midfield obviously. You know one of those 2 spots McFred take.

You’re gonna argue he’s not a midfielder now? or that he can’t play in a midfield 2?

If you want to continue this discussion pm me because this isn’t the thread and I won’t be replying.

cyril C

Tuesday will be full changes I think.

DDG
Williams
Axel
Bailly
Telles
Matic
VDB
James
Mata
Amad
Greenwood
May be Lindelof can still play, he was rested last Thurs. Just confine him to a 10mx10m area, no need to support set piece on the other side.

Highfather_24

You’re gonna argue he’s not a midfielder now? or that he can’t play in a midfield 2?

If you want to continue this discussion pm me because this isn’t the thread and I won’t be replying.
Ah okay that's where we disagree. I think Pogba's best position is not in a midfield 2, but in the left wing in the free #8 role he's been playing recently.

cyril C

So are the fans seriously not gonna get one of these games cancelled? What was the point of last Sunday's protests then except to harm our players?
Well, if game is cancelled and Liverpool award 3 points by default, then Liverpool might be able to squeeze back into Top 4, courtesy of our important 3 points contribution. They might be so grateful as to erect a Gary neville statue, and name 1 of the stand as Yellow and Green Stand.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I wonder if the PL would have given us this schedule if we were in an actual title race...
Where were we in the league when we played Saturday then bank holiday Monday against Chelsea in the FA Cup

bosskeano

appears that James isn't fit and Martial hasn't recovered in time to play tonight. certainly seems like Amad and Shoretire will almost have to be included in the match day squad and maybe even one of them getting a start. Just aren't enough attackers fit not to include the youth players.

Icemav

Sorry to continue this :smirk: but Pogba absolutely toyed with Spurs playing as an advanced midfield frollicking about near the LW wing. He can be unplayable doing that. Can also play in a 2 deeper and has got much better at it, but its not necessarily his best position.