Manager draft - Fercutchon(Cutch) VS The Capillows(EAP)

Who would win based on peak under the chosen manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
30 minutes to go. Too bad that Solskjaer isn't on the bench

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I understand Cutch's decision to go with the 442 as a Ferguson side. The problem is that it's flawed, always was, no matter how entertaining to watch it has been. It's probably pointless to argue against it on a United forum, but the '99 treble winning side simply wasn't that great unless you overrate the whole winning mentality stuff and believe that luck doesn't exist in football at all. It's a great story how often the team managed to get last minute wins, but it also shows that the team didn't ever get close to dominate in the champions league. And it was exactly the kind of highly entertaining attacking team, that Cappello's Milan excelled against. There also is no coming back against Cappello's Milan at their peak, that backline simply didn't let you get back into the game once they scored and they will score.

The 433ish shaped '08 side is in my opinion easily the best United side Ferguson built. It also gets the best out of the best player on the pitch, which is questionable here, and is way better suited to face EAP's team. The romantic in me loves that Cutch went for this team instead, but in a one-off knockout match, there's sadly only one winner.
Same. Changed my vote since I somehow missed basten on the pitch.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Personally I like Vidic far better than Rio (not better, just playing favourites), but that Torres match (1-4 defeat) is just unforgettable in more ways than one for me.

I was in travelling China on business at that time. Football is not a popular sport there and had a bit of time finding a expat friendly bar which showed the game. Went on a drinking spree and ended up in the bar just before the match started, only to realise that it was local scouser support hole...and there I was in a United jersey. You could feel the silence radiating when I walked in. Match about to start and I did not know any other bar nearby. With a alcohol induced bravery, I walked in and took a seat by the bar and the match started.

Think CR scored a penalty to give us the lead and I was 'Yeah!'. Obligatory dirty looks followed and the guy next to me knocked over my beer glass 'by mistake'. Then Torres did his thing and they scored 4 at a trot and I was sulking. With every goal they score, the crowd became more vocal and had United won, I thought it would have ended in a fight...not a good end for me.

I still get goosebumps thinking about that day and that match!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Personally I like Vidic far better than Rio (not better, just playing favourites), but that Torres match (1-4 defeat) is just unforgettable in more ways than one for me.

I was in travelling China on business at that time. Football is not a popular sport there and had a bit of time finding a expat friendly bar which showed the game. Went on a drinking spree and ended up in the bar just before the match started, only to realise that it was local scouser support hole...and there I was in a United jersey. You could feel the silence radiating when I walked in. Match about to start and I did not know any other bar nearby. With a alcohol induced bravery, I walked in and took a seat by the bar and the match started.

Think CR scored a penalty to give us the lead and I was 'Yeah!'. Obligatory dirty looks followed and the guy next to me knocked over my beer glass 'by mistake'. Then Torres did his thing and they scored 4 at a trot and I was sulking. With every goal they score, the crowd became more vocal and had United won, I thought it would have ended in a fight...not a good end for me.

I still get goosebumps thinking about that day and that match!
Of course you like him then, he probably saved your life there :lol:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Look at this:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/stam-v-vidic.206351/page-7

:lol: How opinions change, eh Fercutchon!
Not at all. I rate Vidic incredibly highly, still do. At that time (2011) he and Rio were playing as well as any pairing I've seen really. I did get really annoyed with him in the last couple of seasons though, some ridiculous red cards in that time that cost us games. That may well have influenced my opinion and selection for this, which is unfair given the outstanding form before that.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Not at all. I rate Vidic incredibly highly, still do. At that time (2011) he and Rio were playing as well as any pairing I've seen really. I did get really annoyed with him in the last couple of seasons though, some ridiculous red cards in that time that cost us games. That may well have influenced my opinion and selection for this, which is unfair given the outstanding form before that.
Nah, I understand and I would have done the same. Stam is a better pick for the draft.

Well done @Edgar Allan Pillow. Deserved win. Did the best I could to do Fergies team justice but too many all time greats in opposition, a marvellous side.
It was a great game mate. Respect to you for honouring the 4-4-2 till the end.

Even in this draft game, I was kinda fearful that despite all odds, that team would sneak in a Fergie-Time victory :lol:
"Can United score? They always score" and "Down but never out" keeps resonating!!!