Manager draft - Harms(Trapattoni) VS Skizzo(Lattek)

Who would win based on their peak under the manager

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skizzo

Glad to see the substitution was effective in seeing a tactical advantage. Nice to see Simonsen get the appreciation he deserves too...

apologies to @antohan if the song is stuck in his head again now :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Tramps are ? goals up and Lattek makes the attacking substitution. Now tramps have numerical advantage in midfield, with Scirea stepping up in possession and Boniek working hard there, so Paolo Rossi is warming up. He is used to this more fluid attacking game that I'm playing here - he will play his 1978 Italy role, when he constantly interchanged with Causio and Bettega, confusing defenders. Boniek will play the role of Causio, switching between flanks, and Rossi will move between the box and the right flank, providing goalthreat and freeing space for Batigol.

Tardelli drops a wee deeper here, and now, with him and Furino each covering only half of the pitch, I can afford to ask Cuccureddu to contribute in attack a little more.

An example of what Cuccureddu can do ("Cuccureddu can do", sounds cool)

I believe that after Skizzo's substitution I can and will be winning the possession battle here. Skizzo's guys are in urgent need to score and I think that this is the best time to apply more pressure on his defence and to take away the ball from him.
@Annahnomoss

Annahnomoss

Now that you mention it, ideally there should be a "withdraw vote" option in addition to the "change vote" one. As it stands it's impossible for a voter to go from a win (for either manager) to a draw, so to speak. That said, the poll function obviously wasn't designed specifically for our purposes - so.
Was just about to include it actually but thought it wouldn't go down well so I skipped it.

Annahnomoss

Two brilliant teams here and two brilliant managers especially. The quality of the drafts has skyrocketed really and almost every match is difficult to judge a winner in the end. It is tight, which I guess is realistic considering the top quality people get to choose from.

harms

Staff
Both teams are now set-up very similar, and the man that would make the difference here, in my view, is Gaetano Scirea. He will provide flexibility, which is crucial here, and will help me win the midfield battle without losing the one in the back.

Furino said:
You could always find Scirea, it was very hard not to find him. Wherever you were, he was never far away and he was an important figure
Any excuse to post this video

Last edited:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Totally lost here. So much to like about both teams.

harms

Staff
Well, it seems like Skizzo is going to make a comeback here. Don't know how to argue though, and what to argue against here, really - I think that the gap between our defences is bigger than the gap between our attacking units and I have Scirea, who is going to be a match-winner with his habit of always being in the right place in the right time.

I don't see how Simonsen was the match-winning sub when Tardelli moved deeper. Also, I really think that with Platini-Tardelli-Furino and with the help of Scirea and Boniek I would dominate midfield - which was not possible before the Simonsen substitution.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
harms enjoys a narrow 1 vote lead as of now...

harms (13)
crappycraperson
Theon
Donaldo
SirAF
Wittmann45
zlatan_ish
manikandan nair
VivaJanuzaj
montpelier
Revan
Isotope
|Neo|x
Withdrawn - EAP

Skizzo (13)

Chesterlestreet
Jayvin
Raees
Pat_Mustard
sun_tzu
Thisistheone
Sly
MTR
ctp
Speak

Edit: Just noticed that Gio was the main manager with Theon as AM, which ties the votes! :eek:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm constantly changing my mind here. In general I give Skizzo a slight edge, but when I really take peak form under the manager into account, then there are a few more questionmarks in Skizzo's team and I switch back to harms, who really created a beautiful Trap side.

I'm way too big of a chicken to make a decisive vote here :nervous:

Skizzo

I'm constantly changing my mind here. In general I give Skizzo a slight edge, but when I really take peak form under the manager into account, then there are a few more questionmarks in Skizzo's team and I switch back to harms, who really created a beautiful Trap side.

I'm way too big of a chicken to make a decisive vote here :nervous:
:lol:

You have 4 minutes to decide if you want to crush my world by not voting. ... or possibly crush my world by voting

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
:lol:

You have 4 minutes to decide if you want to crush my world by not voting. ... or possibly crush my world by voting
So far it's a draw according to EAP. Show some confidence in your German penalty takers.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I like both teams but the fact that Maradona is my favourite player ever and Trap managed Benfica once balanced my vote to Skizzo's team :lol: It was a hard one to pick

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I would have voted harms, but didn't like Paulo Rossi in that role - it was enough to put me off. I also think Skizzo's side would arguably lose this if we're taking peak performance into account, if Reuter at al were seriously past their best.. does make it very awkward. I just don't think the opposition has the pace to make the age thing that relevant.

Annahnomoss

This one deserved to go to penalties. Both teams ended in a better formation than they stared with, especially Harms. I liked the use of Rossi with another primary goal scorer like Batistuta. Would have voted for that if it was the starting formation. As it was, it was hard to separate the two teams with the fantastic forward line of Skizzo VS the ridiculous overall quality of Harms.

My two favorite teams I think.

harms

Staff
I would have voted harms, but didn't like Paulo Rossi in that role - it was enough to put me off. I also think Skizzo's side would arguably lose this if we're taking peak performance into account, if Reuter at al were seriously past their best.. does make it very awkward. I just don't think the opposition has the pace to make the age thing that relevant.
Did you miss the original line-up then? Boniek and Causio, they certainly didn't lack pace

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Did you miss the original line-up then? Boniek and Causio, they certainly didn't lack pace
Must have done, Boniek obviously has pace and it is a bad match up here for Skizzo for sure.. I must admit I didn't see the Causio inclusion, but I hadn't voted by then.

harms

Staff
@Skizzo regardless of the result, hell of a game. Certainly the most difficult one in my short managerial career - and this includes the one that I lost :lol:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Sorry guys really couldn't make up my mind at all here. Good luck for the penalties though.

Skizzo

@Skizzo regardless of the result, hell of a game. Certainly the most difficult one in my short manager career - and this includes the one that I lost :lol:
Ridiculous team you put together. Spent so much time trying to figure out a way to get through that defense. ...which is crazy considering my forwards :lol:

Good luck with penalties. Sent mine to @Edgar Allan Pillow so he can do it whenever.

harms

Staff
Ridiculous team you put together. Spent so much time trying to figure out a way to get through that defense. ...which is crazy considering my forwards :lol:

Good luck with penalties. Sent mine to @Edgar Allan Pillow so he can do it whenever.
Sent mine too, good luck.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I am happy that I didnt vote. Pens are a fair result for this match. Both teams are outstanding and I couldnt decide who had an advantage. good luck for the pens