Manchester City banned from CL for 2 seasons and fined 30 million euros | CAS - Ban lifted, fined 10 million

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This should be a televised event - I want the immediate reaction of every City player if the ban is upheld :drool:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
They won't have any form of punishment whatsoever, even though they are guilty.

Money definitely talks.

Verminator

The emails are not the only evidence.
They prompted an investigation which will have discovered the facts.
Therefore the plaintiff can agree to the emails being inadmissible, but if due diligence was observed, they will have all the evidence they need.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Yuck.

'But whatever the morality here – and history will withhold its verdict for now — it is impossible not to feel a note of sadness. For all the surrounding murk and the money spent, the rules bent, the arrogance of the club hierarchy, City under Guardiola have also been the most beautiful team of the Premier League era.

Forget the stain of over-spending. We’ll always have that 100-point season. We’ll always have 15-0 across eight days against Liverpool, Feyenoord and Watford. We’ll always have that 44-pass goal against Manchester United, almost 1,000 passes against Swansea, the way the ball seems to become a living, mischievous thing, skittering about between the light blue shapes in a shared, rotational choreography.

We’ll always have that moment at the Etihad last February against Chelsea where Agüero scored a goal so stunning – an explosive moment of skill, but also a kind of coronation for his team – that the whole ground fell silent for a second, then broke into a swell of gentle applause as the replay appeared on the big screen.

This isn’t over. Billionaires don’t like to lose. City’s statement in reply to the judgment has its own notes of vengefulness, a firm hint that this process has by no means run its course. Let’s remember the best of that City team, and with kindness too. In the most practical sense, we may not see their like again.'

(Guardian)
Oh the scenes of heartbroken fans, players and journalists tomorrow are going to be glorious :D

diarm

Yuck.

'But whatever the morality here – and history will withhold its verdict for now — it is impossible not to feel a note of sadness. For all the surrounding murk and the money spent, the rules bent, the arrogance of the club hierarchy, City under Guardiola have also been the most beautiful team of the Premier League era.

Forget the stain of over-spending. We’ll always have that 100-point season. We’ll always have 15-0 across eight days against Liverpool, Feyenoord and Watford. We’ll always have that 44-pass goal against Manchester United, almost 1,000 passes against Swansea, the way the ball seems to become a living, mischievous thing, skittering about between the light blue shapes in a shared, rotational choreography.

We’ll always have that moment at the Etihad last February against Chelsea where Agüero scored a goal so stunning – an explosive moment of skill, but also a kind of coronation for his team – that the whole ground fell silent for a second, then broke into a swell of gentle applause as the replay appeared on the big screen.

This isn’t over. Billionaires don’t like to lose. City’s statement in reply to the judgment has its own notes of vengefulness, a firm hint that this process has by no means run its course. Let’s remember the best of that City team, and with kindness too. In the most practical sense, we may not see their like again.'

(Guardian)
Christ I couldn't disagree with that any more.

Give me United under Fergie in any of his 3 great sides, the good Arsenal under Wenger or Liverpool under Klopp over Pep's ticki tacky shite every day of the week.

Castia

Its been widely reported that if found guilty the Premier League will then follow suit and impose its own punishments which could be anything from fines to point reductions, it could be one of the biggest stories in English football history this.

2 Years with no CL is brutal, players will probably want out and Pep could easily feck off too. It will impact their spending more than anything, with no CL revenue and the football world watching their finances they might be forced to sell before they buy, tomorrow’s verdict is absolutely massive for football.

The murmurings are a bit worrying it feels like somebody knows they’re getting off with it and tomorrow will be a formality.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If they are let off then Uefa are going to come off this so badly its unreal. Surely they must have had sufficient evidence (no matter how that came about) to give them the 2 years to begin with otherwise it seems a very harsh punishment that they handed out.
I think City are basically relying on how they got this information rather than if its accurate. I think we can all see that it's rather likely to be accurate by now. City were furious that these leaks came out. There's a reason. It made them look bad.

So all I can see from City is that the evidence was obtained illegally not the fact they were covering up multi million pound deals. That's like getting away with it on a technicality.

Ban knocked down to 1 year and a hefty fine I think will be the best they come away with personally.

sport2793

If they are let off then Uefa are going to come off this so badly its unreal. Surely they must have had sufficient evidence (no matter how that came about) to give them the 2 years to begin with otherwise it seems a very harsh punishment that they handed out.
I think City are basically relying on how they got this information rather than if its accurate. I think we can all see that it's rather likely to be accurate by now. City were furious that these leaks came out. There's a reason. It made them look bad.

So all I can see from City is that the evidence was obtained illegally not the fact they were covering up multi million pound deals. That's like getting away with it on a technicality.

Ban knocked down to 1 year and a hefty fine I think will be the best they come away with personally.
Lot of people surmise that UEFA gave them a 2 year ban expecting CAS to reduce it to one.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The supposed leaks have mentally prepared me for them to get away with it, so I will be a happy happy bloke if they get what they actually deserve.
I'm thinking the same, I feel they will 100% get away with it, even though clearly the way they have built the club has been to circumvent how FFP works, PSG feels the same honestly.

Wenger obviously is in favour of City now, he thinks the elite should not stay the elite, and clubs should be able to inject money externally, which means Newcastle will be a top 4 side under Saudi investments (if the deal goes ahead).

The Glazers are obviously not good for United but that still persists.

It's very sad how football is overshadowed to investment like that, turning a nothing club into a superpower clearly the money is coming from somewhere but somehow it's all legal.

Sponsoring yourself should also be completely against regulations (City and PSG sponsoring themselves).

Castia

If found guilty tomorrow how will the press/pundits react? are City gonna be blacklisted and called cheating cnuts with people demanding titles to be stripped or are they all gonna sympathies because they play nice football and Pep is the manager?

It’s been clear for years they aren’t spending their own money and I’ve never seen a single pundit or news organisation do anything other than drool over their results.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Just been reading a few tweets by City folk. Ian Cheeseman has gone early ( 2 days ago to be exact) saying he's hearing the club have been cleared. A few others saying same. They all seem confident it's been overturned.

What this means for Uefa if they have is anyone's guess. They must have felt they had a bullet proof case to go as big as they did on the punishment. Wonder how many Arab petro dollars its taken for this decision to be reversed if that it indeed is what's happened?

If they are it's even more incentive to win and go 3rd and not have to rely on 5th spot.

VanGaalEra

+
Pep Guardiola on the CAS decision a few hours ago: “It was an issue from a long time ago. Maybe 90% of the people who are on the pitch or the backroom staff were not there. But we are going to see and respect the decisions".
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I’m ready

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I’m ready
I don't often like the tribalism side of football, or being happy at others misfortune, but today has made me so happy with Leicester, and Chelsea yesterday, a United win tomorrow and if there's justice in the legal system and what (I don't want to name) happens, I can't even begin to believe how big it will be for the sport.

I wonder if Newcastle and the takeover will fall through if (that thing I don't want to name) happens. They may fear it will happen with Newcastle too.

I won't believe this until it happens, it's unfathomable to me.

sport2793

+
Pep Guardiola on the CAS decision a few hours ago: “It was an issue from a long time ago. Maybe 90% of the people who are on the pitch or the backroom staff were not there. But we are going to see and respect the decisions".
Hmm what happened to the total confidence he had from 48 hours ago?

Infra-red

Just been reading a few tweets by City folk. Ian Cheeseman has gone early ( 2 days ago to be exact) saying he's hearing the club have been cleared. A few others saying same. They all seem confident it's been overturned.

What this means for Uefa if they have is anyone's guess. They must have felt they had a bullet proof case to go as big as they did on the punishment. Wonder how many Arab petro dollars its taken for this decision to be reversed if that it indeed is what's happened?

If they are it's even more incentive to win and go 3rd and not have to rely on 5th spot.
It would mean the end of FFP, at least in its current form.

VanGaalEra

I don't often like the tribalism side of football, or being happy at others misfortune, but today has made me so happy with Leicester, and Chelsea yesterday, a United win tomorrow and if there's justice in the legal system and what (I don't want to name) happens, I can't even begin to believe how big it will be for the sport.

I wonder if Newcastle and the takeover will fall through if (that thing I don't want to name) happens. They may fear it will happen with Newcastle too.

I won't believe this until it happens, it's unfathomable to me.
Could be a good few days if City get banned and we beat Soton after the weekends results.

Infra-red

This should be a televised event - I want the immediate reaction of every City player if the ban is upheld :drool:
If the ban is reduced to a year, the players will probably just deal with it - the Euros and the Copa America both take place next summer and they will likely want to avoid risky career upheavals in the interim, just for the sake of a year of CL football. Guardiola has also said that he will see out his contract, which runs for another year.

If the two year ban is upheld, then things get a little bit tricky for City. You might expect to see some players getting itchy feet next summer, with a raft of them potentially following Guardiola out of the door.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I'm going to be glued to SSN all day tomorrow if this ban is upheld. I've prepared myself for the disappointment of them getting off scot free so if it's upheld, it'll be a great day :D

Barnslig

I'm a bit confused over this whole thing, if we take a step back and think of the bigger picture for a little bit, surely falsely increasing your revenue and profits are illegal, straight up? I mean, City is a business at the end of the day and they have to follow UK/EU laws, no? How is this not fraud? What about investors that aren't City's owners? They have been fraudulent financial statements and invested in a business on the basis of finances that weren't legit?

Fahad Jawaid

By when is the decision expected? I am at work so will probably be able to check it during lunch hour. Hopefully on my birthday i get to see City being banned for two years and Utd winning handsomely and getting to third today InshaAllah.

ruskyline

I'm thinking the same, I feel they will 100% get away with it, even though clearly the way they have built the club has been to circumvent how FFP works, PSG feels the same honestly.

Wenger obviously is in favour of City now, he thinks the elite should not stay the elite, and clubs should be able to inject money externally, which means Newcastle will be a top 4 side under Saudi investments (if the deal goes ahead).

The Glazers are obviously not good for United but that still persists.

It's very sad how football is overshadowed to investment like that, turning a nothing club into a superpower clearly the money is coming from somewhere but somehow it's all legal.

Sponsoring yourself should also be completely against regulations (City and PSG sponsoring themselves).
Fifa is currpt, you can host a world cup with enough endorsement to Fifa.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So.. city and UEFA will find out in the next hour (or already been told this morning) and then we’ll find out in 2 hours.

The ‘leaks’ on Friday gave me the disappointment that they’ve been cleared, so that’s what I’m Prepared for and expecting.. if they get banned, it’ll be a magnificent bonus

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This could possibly end up being one of United's most glorious days this season after the weekend's results! :drool: :drool: I've got my cider chilled ready to crack open at 10pm tonight. :D