Kick-off
Sat, 3 June 2023 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

4-1 City. They can turn it when they need to. I think we will huff and puff, miss some good chances and then they will just steam roll us once they get their first.

We’ll nick one late on when they are in CL final mode.

I’d go with De Gea, AWB, Varane, Lindelof, Shaw, Casemiro, Fred, Eriksen, Bruno, Rashford, Martial.
    I’d go with the same team as that. There’s a chance of us keeping it a bit tighter if we do. I’m going with 2-2 after 90 mins. City to win in the end, unfortunately.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
    Hoping the disjointed team selections at the end of the season is enough to throw them off their game.

Alemar

DDG
    AWB Varane Lindelof Shaw
    Fred Casemiro
    Bruno
    Sancho Martial Rashford

That’s the best setup for the final, with Garnacho, Eriksen, Antony (if indeed fit) as off the bench options

LordSpud

What utter nonsense for the Forum which predominantly believes City success hardly matters and it's all hollow some of you guys seem tad obsessed with them .

Not Every thing needs to viewed through the prism of City's lenses , don't relegate United to the role of Noisy neighbour .

It's chance to get another trophy that's it but it's certainly not more important than our three CL finals after 1999 and other Title deciders .
    If you're okay with City taking the Treble that's fine. I prefer we stand alone.

Mr Smith

DDG
    AWB Varane Lindelof Shaw
    Fred Casemiro
    Bruno
    Sancho Martial Rashford

That’s the best setup for the final, with Garnacho, Eriksen, Antony (if indeed fit) as off the bench options
    That's the team I'd go with, but I actually think it's more likely Bruno starts on the right so that Ten Hag can fit in another midfielder.

Andersons Dietician

No. We've tried that before and got battered. The only way to beat City is to press high and make them do mistakes, just like we did when we beat them under Ole. The park-the-bus strategy has always lead to disaster when playing City.
    Remember in October when we tried to play them and got battered 6-3? the three goals flattered us as well.

scottser

If we're losing heavily begin Operation: Kick the shit out of City players to give Inter a helping hand.

I'll think of a snappier, less legally dodgy title later.
    'Operation Gimp'?

Member 125288

Only chance of winning this is nicking it on the Counter on that huge Wembley pitch.
    There’s that myth again - Old Trafford’s pitch is one yard longer and two yards wider than Wembley - Google it.

NLunited

AWB Varane Lindelof Shaw

Casemiro Bruno

Fred

Antony Rashford Garnacho

Let‘s do them.

rooney2009

As long as Eriksen does not start I’ll be happy.
    We need to pack the Midfield to win this one

Litch

We need to play Fred otherwise we are going to get overun in that midfield on that big pitch.

2Injurytimegoal

I remember last game we had Fred to man-mark KDB whole game, he has the energy to press hard, and make some surprise through pass!
    Therefore my predition is:

DDG
    AWB Varane Lindelof Shaw
    Cas Eriksen
    Bruno Fred Sancho
    Rashford

I don't like start Martial as he rarely press with full speed, let alone tackle. We can't afford to have two player that won't press, also only Rashford has the speed to run behind the defense.

Garnacho is best vs tiring defender, and not sure about Antony? but obviously Fred has been subbed out last match so he will start.

Rob67

We need to play Fred otherwise we are going to get overun in that midfield on that big pitch.
    Yeah, I was saying the exact same thing this morning. Hard to believe that Fred would ever be in the team instead of Eriksen, but definitely needed for this one.

Manchester Dan

Supports
    Man City
    City team picks itself if all fit:

GK

Walker
    Stones
    Dias
    Akanji

Rodri
    Gundogan
    KDB

B.Silva
    Haaland
    Grealish

ManUnitedCanuck

This one worries me, knowing how well City can play. If we can cause them some difficult penetrating the lines will have to hit them hard on counter attacks.

Hoping we can pull this off! Nerves are high…be great to add a second trophy to the cabinet this season.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
    Scout
    Supports
    The greatest team in history
    Getting a strong whiff of overconfidence from their camp. They think they've won the treble already.

The likes of Grealish hasn't played a minute since the Madrid semi. Hope they do take us and Milan lightly and I hope they get humbled from it.

Offsideagain

I don't know if this take is true or apocryphal but City had 1000's of tee-shirts pre-printed as '2013 FA Cup winners' they were that confident and smug about beating Wigan. I laughed for days after the final. To steal a line from Kevin Keegan, I would love it, just love it if we beat them and spoil their treble merchandise plans. We have every chance in a one-off game if we get a good start.

Licha M

-----------------------De Gea-----------------------
    AWB-------Varane------Lindelof------Shaw
    ------------Casemiro------- Fred--------------
    Sancho/Antony---------------Bruno--------------Rashford
    --------------------------Martial------------------------

Will basically be a 451 when City have the ball. When we do win it back, we'll need Bruno and Casemiro releasing it early to find Rashford, Antony and Martial running in the channels.

Similar to Old Trafford - if we can stay in the game for 60-70 minutes, then bring Garnacho on against tiring legs. Walker aside, their defence of Stones, Akanji and Ake aren't that quick and if we can get them turned on the counter and running towards their own, we can get some success.

Going to need to be a disciplined, patient and clinical performance.

Ted Lasso

How can you not be fired up for this. First ever Manchester derby as the FA Cup final. A chance to bury this talk of a City treble. A defining moment to kickoff the "return " of Manchester United.

This in a season when we've beaten la Liga champions Barcelona in a two legged tie, won the League cup, and not to mention City once already.

We are a very good team when we want to be. Can ETH motivate the players enough? If so we can win it.

Mike Smalling

In some ways it seems like City have already been crowned treble winners. Everyone assumes they will do it, which could be a small advantage for us.

I'd probably go:

DDG
    AWB-Varane-Lindelof-Shaw
    Casemiro-Fred
    Sancho-Bruno-Rashford
    Martial​

CallyRed

Thought City were going to play the same team they had against Brentford to make sure they are fully fresh for the treble winning game against Inter.

Irwin99

If we're losing heavily begin Operation: Kick the shit out of City players to give Inter a helping hand.

I'll think of a snappier, less legally dodgy title later.
    :lol:

Actually that reminds me that the tone was set for the 6-3 defeat when Dalot was booked for a hefty but relatively ordinary challenge after five minutes and our players looked scared to get booked again after the ref put that marker down. Hope we get a good referee this time.

Will also never forget Eriksen not making a 'Pep-style tactical foul' before half time which resulted in a City goal. He had to bring one of their players down and take the booking but didn't and we got punished.

NLunited

His english is shit for someone who has been talking to the media on a weekly basis for about 7 years now. Even Dora The Explorer is better than him.
    I doubt Pep has time to watch Dora the Explorer to brush up his English.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
    Scout
    I've talked down this game, but we definitely have more than a puncher's chance.

It all comes down to Rashford, in my opinion. He's proven time and again he can do great things in these big games, and if he's on it, City won't be able to prevent him having his opportunities.

Goes without saying that the midfield cannot be so porous and sieve-like, otherwise anything we might do elsewhere will be for nought.

Sancho and Martial aren't players I'm putting stock or faith in, but they have the ability to contribute.

I'd say it's a 40:60 game; if Rashford is Super Saiyajin, it's more like 45:55.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Rashford has to play through the middle. I’d also have Fred follow KdB like he’s done previously.

De Gea
    AWB - Varane - Lindelof - Shaw
    Casemiro
    Eriksen - Fred
    Bruno - Rashford - Sancho​

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    I’m hoping Haaland is out of sorts since he’s hasn’t played properly in 2/3 weeks before the final.
    I honestly believe this is closer to 50/50 than people think
    Agreed - we aren’t favourites but it’s a Derby. Anything can happen. I think Ten Hagg can pull a blinder here. Expectations are on City.

BorisManUtd

City team picks itself if all fit:

GK

Walker
    Stones
    Dias
    Akanji

Rodri
    Gundogan
    KDB

B.Silva
    Haaland
    Grealish
    Bloody hell that’s a strong side. And they can bring on likes of Mahrez, Foden and Alvarez from the bench.

Our chances of winning are like 25% imo.

Marcelinho87

feck Man City.

We are Manchester United, Manchester is RED and no matter how good they may or may not be we WILL win this.

Robbo*

Rashford has to play through the middle. I’d also have Fred follow KdB like he’s done previously.

De Gea
    Casemiro
    Eriksen - Fred
    would absolutely love Sancho to have a big game

Ole'sgunnarwin

Feck it go full Jose.

DDG
    Bissaka-Varane-Lindelof-Shaw-Malacia
    Cas—Fred
    Bruno
    Rashford-Garnacho​
    I came into put in the exact same 11 and formation. That front 2 will cause a lot of problems, don't need to defend much. Get them on the counter attack, they struggled with these 2 earlier in the season. The position suits Bruno too. Fred to have a worldie performance hopefully.

Castia

De Gea
    Casemiro
    Eriksen - Fred
    I think this is playing right into City’s hands though. We aren’t going to play through City our best chance is on the break and in the wide areas on that big Wembley pitch

Playing Bruno and Sancho wide we’d be penned in with no out ball. Not to mention Rashford through the middle is more often than not shit in that position.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 233 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw