Manchester United 0:1 Atletico Madrid (Sat 30th July, 12:45 UK time)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Venue: Ullevaal Stadium, Oslo, Norway
Kick off time: 13:45 local, 12:45 UK
Channel: MUTV

Trequarista10

Martial
Rashford ------------------------ Sancho
Fred - Bruno
Garner​

Would like to see this front 6. We've seen Fred as a 6, we know what he offers in that position. Would like to see us experiment with Garner at 6, and see what Fred can offer in ETH system as an 8.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Martial
Rashford ------------------------ Sancho
Fred - Bruno
Garner​

Would like to see this front 6. We've seen Fred as a 6, we know what he offers in that position. Would like to see us experiment with Garner at 6, and see what Fred can offer in ETH system as an 8.
I suspect perennial teacher's pet McTominay will be back in the XI. I also suspect that time for 'I would like to see' is pretty much done. WIll likely be something resembling the Brighton team.

the hea

Will probably be the same line up as today, except for Eriksen and Martinez coming in for Van de Beek and Lindelöf.

DDG

Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw

Eriksen Fred

Sancho Bruno Rashford

Martial​

Trequarista10

I suspect perennial teacher's pet McTominay will be back in the XI. I also suspect that time for 'I would like to see' is pretty much done. WIll likely be something resembling the Brighton team.
You may be right. In a way I'd be happy to see McTominay at 6, in the sense that hopefully it would prove beyond all doubt to ETH that he can't play that position.

Bwuk

Will probably be the same line up as today, except for Eriksen and Martinez coming in for Van de Beek and Lindelöf.

DDG

Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw

Eriksen Fred

Sancho Bruno Rashford

Martial​
Pretty much this, except I wonder about Shaw vs Malacia.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You may be right. In a way I'd be happy to see McTominay at 6, in the sense that hopefully it would prove beyond all doubt to ETH that he can't play that position.
Hmm, I've sort of given up on McTominay's performances proving to our managers that he isn't up to it. For some reason, they all seem to love him regardless.

BuzzKillington

Pretty much this, except I wonder about Shaw vs Malacia.
I like the look of Malacia so it’d be nice to see him get some more games at this stage so we can have a proper look at him before the season starts.

But I think we need to temper our expectations in terms of who will be number one left back next year (if that was what you were questioning), Shaw is the better player currently and is likely to remain so until age or injury completely take him. He gets a lot of shit on here due to his injury record and fitness resulting from that, but he is genuinely a world class left back when he’s fit. One of the few players in our squad who can lay claim to that kind of title.

Last edited:

Blood Mage

Martial
Rashford - Bruno - Sancho
Fred - Eriksen
Malacia - Martinez - Maguire - Dalot
De Gea
Hopefully our new signings will be ready for this (knowing our incompetence they may not be) and we get a clearer picture of where we're at as a team.

Thiagoal

We have another match a day later so I’d expect this game will be our eleven to face Brighton with only limited number of subs!

The Sunday team will give those trying to stake a claim the chance to experience Old Trafford

SparkedIntoLife

So it’s Atletico on Saturday in Oslo and Valladolid on Sunday in Manchester (I’m attending that one)? Strange that the players get a week’s break then 2 games over 2 days.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Martial
Fred - Eriksen
De Gea
Hopefully our new signings will be ready for this (knowing our incompetence they may not be) and we get a clearer picture of where we're at as a team.
Why add that bit? This endless moaning is tiring.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So it’s Atletico on Saturday in Oslo and Valladolid on Sunday in Manchester (I’m attending that one)? Strange that the players get a week’s break then 2 games over 2 days.
A period to get over jetlag is necessary. I imagine one group will play one game.

I have no idea why its been organised like so

Syphon Wallet

Martial
Fred - Eriksen
De Gea
This is probably our best team atm, and if you take the last year of form into consideration, this is an awful 11.
Lets hope ETH magic dust lasts all season on this squad,... dear me :nervous:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I expect two completely different squads. One game (likely the one at OT) could be an entire under 23's side (with maybe Eriksen and Martinez)

Blood Mage

I imagine this'll be almost the entirely reserves with the first team squad playing at OT the following day
I would have thought the opposite as this is more of a test of the first team's capabilities?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'll start Tyrell and Varane in that back 4. We need more mobility, especially with our high line, we're very susceptible to quick counters while Lindelolf and Maguire don't have the recovery speed to circumvent those counters from turning into extremely dangerous situations.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It would be really pathetic if we stuffed them and Ronnie still went there. He has such a massive ego, I actually think it could influence him.

lex talionis

Hmm, I've sort of given up on McTominay's performances proving to our managers that he isn't up to it. For some reason, they all seem to love him regardless.
It’s the high cheekbones. The face of a true legend.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I hope by teams play at most of their first-pick XI for the whole game. Will give us a much clearer picture of where we are... or are not. My guess is it will highlight how right ETH is about needing another striker

ForeverRed1

This is probably our best team atm, and if you take the last year of form into consideration, this is an awful 11.
Lets hope ETH magic dust lasts all season on this squad,... dear me :nervous:
it’s not a terrible team. We defo need 2/3 more quality first team signings though. The midfield and striker situation is worrying.

Mcking

Hopefully Martinez is fit to play more than a half, and Eriksen and Malacia get on the pitch. Would love to have Eriksen and Fred in central midfield at some point against the main atletico players so that after they get feasted on, Ten Hag would banish the idea of ever having them as the starting pair, and push for a new midfielder.