Manchester United 4:1 Melbourne Defeat (Fri 15th July, 11:05 UK time)

Mcking

Desperately need Rashford back in form. His combination with Shaw used to be very good, and Sancho-Dalot on the right wing looks like it could become something.

Nick7

I’m in tears, our right hand side is actually doing something positive

mav_9me

If you can't see the quality of Sancho I don't know what to say

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Lindelof and Shaw are both beaten easily and an attack let down the right hand side which never should have happened. Maguire has a split second decision to make and decides to track back instead. I can't blame him for that when two of his teammates made far worse errors.
Shaw being up there pressing and not being able to break up play i'm fine with. Lindelöf should have done better to track his man but credit to Melbourne. Was a great counter by them. Maguire had the easiest decision ever to step up, not buying your "split second decision" argument. He's brainless, bad and slow and i've no doubt he won't be a starter because i refuse to believe ten Hag will put up with his consistently terrible performances.

kidbob

Agree with the commentary I think it looks like Elanga meant to help that on to Martial. Good awareness if so.

Someone

Something
Good reaction. Think it's a bit of a good challenge playing a team sitting back like that. Liverpool gave us space but not all premier league clubs will.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
First half thoughts:
McTominay much better more advanced
Fred's decision making is awful
Shaw badly lacks athleticism to get up and down
Maguire is painfully slow
Martial looking good again
Sancho also looking good again
Bruno much more measured in possession

the_cliff

By the looks of it so far this pre season, I think we may need a left winger instead of a right winger. :lol: :lol:

NoLogo

Seeing Martial in pre-season I actually hope he will turn it around under ten Hag and get firing again. Would also solve the problem of possibly not having a striker if Ronaldo really leaves, even though I can see no takers at this point.

laughtersassassin

Sancho probably the best player again.

Wasn't too impressed with the half really but one or two promising moments.

I personally don't see it with Elanga despite him doing decent.

RedRoach

Jadon Sancho fantastic down the right. Head and shoulders above the other attackers.

Elanga and Shaw relatively anonymous down the left

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sancho & Dalot have linked up well. Bruno seems much more measured with his passing, not forcing things that aren’t there. A decent half with some promising moments.