Manchester United 4:1 Melbourne Defeat (Fri 15th July, 11:05 UK time)

Sylar

Was that ETH screaming at Elanga to run down the win?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don’t know how it’s possible but it looks like Maguire’s lost a yard of pace :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
United's defence act differently when captain success is at the wheel.

redcucumber

Would have thought the glory of lifting the Bangkok Centenary Cup would have spurred them on some.

Was that ETH screaming at Elanga to run down the win?
I thought it was Martial but the commentator also said it was Elanga. Either way, they were both jogging and neither made the run.

Adamsk7

We’ve reverted to the same slow, square football. At least it took a full game under Ten Hag - we only got 30 mins under Rangnick.

AltiUn

Also Melbourne playing a back 5 in a friendly, fecking cowards :lol:

James35

Just turned on, so all I can surmise is Maguire being back is why we are already losing,

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
In the same way that we shouldn't have got carried away with the liverpool game, lets not go overboard with the reactions here either. First game of pre-season for some of these players. This is EtH's learning curve.. If players aren't good enough, he'll see it.

mikeyt

Don't get me wrong I'm no coach but surely anyone with half an idea about football can see that Maguire is nowhere near good enough in the modern game and a fit Bailly, Varane and Martinez would be 100% a better option.

AltiUn

We’ve reverted to the same slow, square football. At least it took a full game under Ten Hag - we only got 30 mins under Rangnick.
I’ll let him off as he’s basically had 1 new signing so far and that signing has been a back up left back, very obvious he still needs signings, anyone who expecting him to work miracles with these lot have had a reality check at least.

Castia

Trying to play a high line with 2 of the slowest CB’s on the planet

diarm

I'd love to say the Australian league is Maguires level. But these lads finished bottom of it and they're utterly outclassing him.

James35

My commentary is like 20 seconds out of sync with the image on mutv - anyone else?

MUFC OK

Maguire already.. If he continues anything like last season EtH will do what many of us have been asking for and drop him.

WPMUFC

Martial was ball watching and didn't anticipate dalot heading the ball down. These are the things needing to be improved.

Banana Republic

Where’s the new style of play?
Where’s the high tempo pressing?
This is the same team and same patterns of play as last season, struggling to play out from the back and just playing the ball around between the defence and midfield.