Manchester United 4:1 Melbourne Defeat (Fri 15th July, 11:05 UK time)

Xaviboy

These are the type of games we need the likes of Erikesen and De Jong. Teams that sit deep.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Losing?
I'd assumed after we'd battered Liverpool we were gonna win it all.

Win it all I tells ye.

Bwuk

Never understand why the full backs aren't much wider in those positions. Let's other teams park the bus so easily.

RedDevilQuebecois

A real far cry from the times when we used to play the MLS All-Stars only to make them look like total non-league plonkers.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well we have no idea what to do against low block teams - I feel bad for ETH trying to coach these fecking charlatan.

SungSam7

Is it just me or is it a common theme with Bruno that his 6 yard passes are absolutely atrocious? Like players must break their stride to take a pass from Bruno. Think its 3 times that Shaw has had to readjust because Bruno can't give a proper pass.

Pretty brutal watch for a friendly. Them having 5 in the back and inches to the their midfield. But good practice for the lads because this will happen to us often.

Banana Republic

Looks like Fred’s going to have to do all the CM work himself, again.….and somebody get a chair for Shaw to sit on.
If he’s not going to move, he might as well take the weight of his feet.

RedDevilQuebecois

Travelling probably takes a bit of a toll tbf
And that is why I hate the way we organize our pre-season. If you want to play around Australia and New Zealand, stay there for 2-3 games. If not, then stay in Asia from Thailand to South Korea to Japan, etc.

cj_sparky

One thing Maguire needs to cut out, committing himself into an area he doesn't need to.

Gaidal

Interesting that Maguire is playing on the right and Lindelöf on the left. I guess it might be Martinez and Maguire then.

Fetshu

I must be watching a different game, but it seems like we're moving the ball much quicker as opposed to our usual dithering on the ball. Seems like there's much more urgency in trying to find others.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Castia

It’s obvious many of these players not cut out for a dominating possession game
Yep nothing makes sense with our players

A high defensive line with 2 slow CB’s and a possession based style with McFred in midfield isn’t going to work

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That was nice from Sancho. Good save to deny Bruno.

Reddevil1978

I'm guessing after the last easy game EtH decided to increase the difficulty by starting goal down. He is a genius.

In Rainbows

You guys are blind. It's pretty easy to see night and day difference in movement against the wall of defenders. Don't confuse ineffectiveness between the two sides as the same type of ineffectiveness. Plus, off the ball United are much better (at pressing).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That ref is incredible, whenever a Melbourne player throws himself to the ground he whistles.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
feck me mctominay is dreadful - can’t do a dink one two