Manchester United announce TeamViewer as shirt sponsor

Brightonian

It drops every time I read it. First I read it was £50m, then £47m now it’s £40m?
It's like transfer fees. Especially European ones, where they can misreport the €30 fee as £30 (€35), then the next guy can misreport that as £35 (€40) etc etc, until before you know it Donny Van de Beek's fee may rise as high as £89m and a pound of flesh from each of our senior players.

Adamsk7

Every thread I open these days is full of moaners.

The club will never care what it “looks” like, that’s not important. It’s gonna be white anyway so that’s better than Chevy to me.

It’s a great figure in the midst of a pandemic for a shirt only deal. We will definitely negotiate a good deal for the car sponsor and the dug out/seats etc. The club have shown nothing in the past to indicate we won’t.

The last deal was largely inflated and the negotiator got sacked - despite that, overall there’s a fair chance we’ll be on similar money if not more from the three deals above. There’s also no clause for CL qualification.

Now shut up moaning. I am getting so fed up of it. It doesn’t matter what news comes in and what our results and performances are like, there’s just so much bloody whinging. We’re supposed to be “supporters” not critics.

podurban2

They barely have a Wikipedia page, how the f did they get this deal with the money involved? Such a weird one.

laughtersassassin

And yet you've already decided this is a worse deal when there is every chance we'll actually INCREASE our revenue in an atrocious economic climate. All things considered, this is a good deal despite your protestations. You seem to be trying pretty hard to make this seem a bad thing.
Nope minds not made up. On its own it's worse.

Time will tell if it's better.

Once we see the figure for our new complex + kit deal and automobile deal then we will know for sure.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Nope minds not made up. On its own it's worse.

Time will tell if it's better.

Once we see the figure for our new complex + kit deal and automobile deal then we will know for sure.
That's a pretty nonsensical way of looking at it. Of course the parts will be smaller than the whole. We'd have to get an extremely modest deal for our automobile sponsor for this to be worse, even in the middle of a pandemic, but you're stating this is a sign our commercial strength have lessened, when everything at this time points to the opposite.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It's like transfer fees. Especially European ones, where they can misreport the €30 fee as £30 (€35), then the next guy can misreport that as £35 (€40) etc etc, until before you know it Donny Van de Beek's fee may rise as high as £89m and a pound of flesh from each of our senior players.
Aye, but I’ve seen £47m as the most commonly reported so we’ll go with that.

Also if you look at the promo pics on website you can see the white logo they’ll likely use, beside the TeamViewer text

What a miserable bunch reside on this forum! :lol:

Considering the stick the chevvy logo got, who even notices it anymore? This'll follow suit and shouldn't be in full colour either. Bonus.

Their share price has slumped following the announcement mind, wonder if they anticipated that!

SAFMUTD

Couldn't care less who the sponsor is as long as the funds are used to bring players.

I dont think it will be blue, that would look like shit it would either be black or white.

laughtersassassin

That's a pretty nonsensical way of looking at it. Of course the parts will be smaller than the whole. We'd have to get an extremely modest deal for our automobile sponsor for this to be worse, even in the middle of a pandemic, but you're stating this is a sign our commercial strength have lessened, when everything at this time points to the opposite.
It's a potential one. We will know when we see the other deals msterialise

Superden

peeps actually going through TWs finances??... whats the world coming to when fans are going through Sponsors' balance sheets and carrying out their own financial audits...

Red00012

Woody is trolling the caf with his choice of Football Director and shirt sponsor

ivaldo

It's a potential one. We will know when we see the other deals msterialise
So then why the negative approach on it when it's almost certainly not the case? You made multiple posts on it potentially being a bad thing. :houllier:

laughtersassassin

So then why the negative approach on it when it's almost certainly not the case? You made multiple posts on it potentially being a bad thing. :houllier:
Well it's being spun/advertised as a potentially good thing so my argument that it is also potentially bad.

A counter point if you will. Right now It's neither as much as the club would want us to believe it's definitely good.

ivaldo

Well it's being spun/advertised as a potentially good thing so my argument that it is also potentially bad.

A counter point if you will. Right now It's neither as much as the club would want us to believe it's definitely good.
It's being 'spun' that way because it's highly likely to be the case. It isn't propaganda so I'm confused why one would go out of their way to put a negative spin on it.

decorativeed

peeps actually going through TWs finances??... whats the world coming to when fans are going through Sponsors' balance sheets and carrying out their own financial audits...
It's a shame for West Ham that absolutely nobody seems to do that for them. I think they've had four different shirt sponsors go bust mid-deal.

Interval

Level
Is TeamViewer listed? Committing a third of your current EBITDA for the next 5 yrs means that they're expecting crazy growth and this deal to really add to that. It's an insane spend and the stock should be hammered

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Never thought of this company as having the muscle to sponsor us. I remember using it 15 or so years ago for remote connection but thought it'd be dead in the water by now.

As for the deal, it sounds like a good one especially given current conditions. What's more important is that we spend it wisely.