Manchester United fans attacked in Gdansk

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Seems like a targeted attack by local ultras or hooligans. I can't find any information about any injuries sustained.

podurban2

Not surprising though. Hooliganism may have left the UK but it’s still very prominent in Eastern and Northern Europe, even here in Sweden. Any fan base visiting should tread lightly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Scumbags.

Doesn't look like too many were injured from that video luckily, more made a mess of the cafe which is just ridiculous. Hopefully everybody was OK.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For feck sake. I hope everyone is ok. This ain’t the year for this sort of bullshit, just enjoy the spectacle.

klsv

Gdansk "ultras" are a bunch of pathetic neo-nazis, not surprised by this. Hope all are well and can make it to the match despite these dipshits.

youngrell

Pathetic.

There's never a good time for this type of shit, but when your city is hosting a major final you would think you'd like to keep it welcoming. We are not even playing their team. Wankers.

SER19

'ultras' always makes me laugh. :lol: stone cold losers to a man

Cast5

These ultras never attack lads who are up for it, they always attack a couple of blokes who are just having a pint then they run away.

redrobed

If they did this to City or Liverpool fans they’d be punished. Somehow I doubt that’ll happen here.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Didn't Russian hooligans specifically target English fans in EURO 2016? The gist was that they wanted to test English fans because of their reputation.
Slightly off-topic but I befriended a slightly mad Ukrainian guy at uni about a decade ago who used to show off videos of him and his mates doing hooligan stuff.

Like, they'd literally go to a random field - about 250 hundred of them - and have fights amongst themselves for no reason. Grown men, boys, anybody who wanted to have a go. Battle scars were a sign of strength :houllier:

If that's the kind of mentality they're operating under then it wouldn't be any surprise.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Didn't Russian hooligans specifically target English fans in EURO 2016? The gist was that they wanted to test English fans because of their reputation.
Yup and on Euro 2012 it was Polish hools testing Russians. The gov should seriously consider opening a zoo just outside the stadiums for these types of melee.

Cast5

I get it when 2 groups of lads from different clubs have a fight, but I can’t wrap my head around a gang of hooligans turning up and attacking a few lads just sat there clearly not looking for trouble.

Ludens the Red

'ultras' always makes me laugh. :lol: stone cold losers to a man
Yup, when are these fecking mugs gonna grow out of this shit. And if you can’t, go and fight an actual hooligan group who want to fight as opposed to attacking random people.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Even the peak English hooligans wouldn't have stood a chance against that rabid group of Russian MMA-trained lunatics

GueRed

Even the peak English hooligans wouldn't have stood a chance against that rabid group of Russian MMA-trained lunatics
If those 20 thousand in Marseille were game, peak hooligans those 100-200 Russians wouldn't have tried it.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Slightly off-topic but I befriended a slightly mad Ukrainian guy at uni about a decade ago who used to show off videos of him and his mates doing hooligan stuff.

Like, they'd literally go to a random field - about 250 hundred of them - and have fights amongst themselves for no reason. Grown men, boys, anybody who wanted to have a go. Battle scars were a sign of strength :houllier:

If that's the kind of mentality they're operating under then it wouldn't be any surprise.
I've seen some videos of this actually. It's quite a sight. They pad up their hands and they have a gentleman's agreement that if anyone is knocked down, or knocked out, they leave them be and move onto someone else.

It's mental, but it has some 'honour' to it.