Manchester United History - Facts & Figures

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Riffing off of @Mrs Smoker's ridiculous catalogue of Manchester United goals & assists, I've been playing around with some United stats and thought it might be interest to some of you folks.

You can find it all in here: Manchester United's Complete History (PC only*)

It's split into five tabs, each giving a different perspective on United's history:
  • Season Summary - a simple snapshot of a single season, with some indicators on how it compares to the average and a breakdown of each game
  • Fergie Era Goals & Assists - using @Mrs Smoker's data, you get a profile of each player's goals and assists over the years, across all competitions, game by game
  • All-Time League Table - a simple overview of United's league history, with a bit of added context (manager, top goalscorer)
  • Manager Profile - a summary of each manager's tenure, in overall terms and game by game
  • Big Book of United Games - a list of United's 6,000+ competitive games, which you can filter by competition, manager, opponent, goalscorer and date
Anyone think having something like this in a kind of stat section on Redcafe would be interesting?

*there's a streamlined mobile version of the first tab here, but the PC version covers a lot more

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Wow only seen the screen shots here as I am on an iPad, but looks like a huge amount of work - sure it’ll be appreciated.

EDIT you say it works on a PC, how about a Mac?

Brwned

Wow only seen the screen shots here as I am on an iPad, but looks like a huge amount of work - sure it’ll be appreciated.

EDIT you say it works on a PC, how about a Mac?
Oh yeah it'll work on a Mac too, and it works for the most part on a tablet as well. It's just too big to fit on a phone, purely in terms of screen size.

With a tablet you aren't able to hover over things so it's a bit more cumbersome to get the contextual info - the match info, the goal records, that sort of thing. You should be able to see most of it - although I'm not sure how well it processes that much data.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
With a tablet you aren't able to hover over things so it's a bit more cumbersome to get the contextual info - the match info, the goal records, that sort of thing. You should be able to see most of it - although I'm not sure how well it processes that much data.
It struggles to process it :D

Seriously though the more I delve into this the more amazing it is. Great job

Web of Bissaka

Had a look, wow that's a lot of hardwork :devil: nicely done!

Wonder who that "(someone)" is, under G & A Summary.

I love the details of how the player score with different body parts.
Own Goal is the best both-footed at scoring with 25 each side, followed by I think Nani (23-Right and 15-Left) then Van Persie (18-Left and 9-Right).

EDIT: :lol: There're also details about all our managers, past and present. Thank you!!!

Brwned

Had a look, wow that's a lot of hardwork :devil: nicely done!

Wonder who that "(someone)" is, under G & A Summary.

I love the details of how the player score with different body parts.
Own Goal is the best both-footed at scoring with 25 each side, followed by I think Nani (23-Right and 15-Left) then Van Persie (18-Left and 9-Right).

EDIT: :lol: There're also details about all our managers, past and present. Thank you!!!
Yeah I like the body parts bit too, just for the pure novelty of it! That's all down to Mrs Smoker recording data found nowhere else!

Looks to be a massive amount of work, fair play Brwned.

However, we didn't become Manchester United until 1902 :)
:lol: true enough! Duly accounted for now...

Brwned

Last minute addition...Fergie Time! All 146 of the 90+ min goals split by year, player, match.

There's a good pub quiz question in there...who scored the most goals for United in Fergie Time?