Manchester United is a happy place now

meamth

I've been supporting this club since 1999.

I've seen ups and downs, and finally I can say that we are at happier place since SAF retired.

The squad looks happy and fully prepared for the new season, let's support our team, players, manager, and staff.

Let's go for it!!

Anyone feel the same way?

RedTiger

Half mast

I've seen ups and downs, and finally I can say that we are at happier place since SAF retired.

The squad looks happy and fully prepared for the new season, let's support our team, players, manager, and staff.

Let's go for it!!

I've felt it since the day Ole entered Old Trafford as manager. There's more camaraderie and Dare I say it a bit of a siege mentality.

Love it. We're going to have a good season.

Mr Smith

I definitely agree. We may not have won something yet, but there's obvious togetherness and belief in the squad. Whatever else Ole achieves, he deserves credit for building a balanced team that is talented, likeable, and hungry.

SoCross

Manchester United maybe but the Caf is still full of miserable sods.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Manchester United maybe but the Caf is still full of miserable sods.
Exactly :lol:
Was about to comment in a different thread that half the current and recent former players seem to be despised here.

flappyjay

I've felt it since the day Ole entered Old Trafford as manager. There's more camaraderie and Dare I say it a bit of a siege mentality.

Love it. We're going to have a good season.
Probably why we have retained our status as come back kings. We barely made come backs over the past few years.

meamth

I'm just trying to fit in maaaan :(

Why hasn't Varane been finalised yet! Why!
We have social media masters that are able to reap the benefits of new signings for many weeks.

They are shooting contents now. Edit...and all those sorts of stuffs.

Nickelodeon

The atmosphere is as good as it has been since Fergie retired.

However, a happy club and a successful club are rarely the same thing. Look at Chelsea, they find a way to be successful under different managers but their next conflict isn't always far away. Only genuine happiness in their fans was under Lampard where they felt emotionally connected but see how long it lasted. Which one is happiness, achieving lesser under Lampard or winning CL with Tuchel?

On Caf, everyone wants a successful club, do most fans on here actually want a happy club?

DickDastardly

Happy??! I don't wanna see them happy at the start of the season!
I want to see blood, tears, sweat....

When have you ever watched a movie in which the main protagonist is happy AT the begining AND the end?!

No no no no....

Unless! Unless you start this movie with Moyes....then follow through with Jose and the dark days....

Shit, you might be on to something!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Yes i totally agree with OP, OGS has done a very good job settling the Mess we were in after JM left, he's brought in players with the righr mentality and have sold lot of players whom were stinking the place up, but what i need to see is more consistance in our game play and obviously some trophies to show for our efforts.

meamth

Happy??! I don't wanna see them happy at the start of the season!
I want to see blood, tears, sweat....

When have you ever watched a movie in which the main protagonist is happy AT the begining AND the end?!

No no no no....

Unless! Unless you start this movie with Moyes....then follow through with Jose and the dark days....

Shit, you might be on to something!
Yes I started with Moyes era...now it's all sunshine and happiness.

It's up to the players to perform now, the environment has been very likeable.

Chuckazulu

We are still one key player short in midfield and our preseason hasn't gone according to plan so I'm not certain if we are 100% ready yet. The Leeds game will be the toughest considering that most of our key players are not up to a good level yet. Other than that I anticipate a good season and yes, definitely, we are in a much happier place now.

choccy77

Let's go for it!!

Been supporting them since 1977

Scholsey2004

Yeah, the mood music feels a lot more upbeat than under the last 3 managers. Leaders like Bruno and Maguire have been brought in and Ole's man management is good. It feels like a much more cohesive group now.

Bestofthebest

Been supporting them since 1956. My mum made me a red jersey because there were no shops selling them, no names or numbers. It has been like the best roller coast ride in the world.

Woodzy

It helps when most of our players aren’t infinitely more successful than our manager, when our manager‘s tactics don’t have very little to do with playing football or when our manager doesn’t despise half our team

M Bison

Supports
York City
Yes definitely feels that way, although its so delicate and feels much more delicate than any other club. Hope we get off to a good start, otherwise it'll be #oleout trending again!

Tibs

feck it lets go and win the league!!

I'm feeling positive!

Bestietom

Can't wait for this weekend and season to start. Hope we have no big injuries to our players.

Ole deserves a lot of credit for changing the mentality of the team. We are quite obviously a happier and more determined bunch than we have been since Ferguson's days. I still don't think Ole is good enough at the tactical side of the game, not that he cant get coaches to do that bit for him like SAF did.

Chippa62

Been supporting them since 1956. My mum made me a red jersey because there were no shops selling them, no names or numbers. It has been like the best roller coast ride in the world.
I agree, I have supported United ever since I can remember, probably about 1966 (due to my uncle) and followed them in and out of the second division. As you say, a real roller coaster.

Thing is, some members (young teenagers) will not remember the glorious Fergie years, so they have only seen the struggles we have had recently. We need to bring back the glory for them to enjoy.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We've been slowly building and getting better and better under Ole. 3rd and 2nd in the toughest league in world football isn't to be sniffed at. We've finally got a squad that can compete this season for me and I expect a title push. Don't think we will quite have enough to win it but I see us being there at the latter end of the season fighting.

Bestietom

We've been slowly building and getting better and better under Ole. 3rd and 2nd in the toughest league in world football isn't to be sniffed at. We've finally got a squad that can compete this season for me and I expect a title push. Don't think we will quite have enough to win it but I see us being there at the latter end of the season fighting.
Could be down to management nous to how we fair this season. We need to rest players when they need it and use the right tactics when playing big games.Taking points home and away from the big teams is a must.

Chairman Steve

Caf has never been a truly happy place. If it was, it’d be fecking boring ;) I’ve lurked here during 2008 and how people would have gripes with SAF playing some understrength XI against some random pissant team and we didn’t win.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s probably more often than not a happy place. It’s the fans on the Internet who are difficult to please, not so much our collection of footballers who have made it to the top of the game.

MadMike

I can certainly agree with that as far as the players and squad are concerned. Hopefully that helps bring some success

Fanbase less happy with lack of success for 4 years despite the investment.