Manchester United Kits 2019/20

Robertd0803

You spend nearly £200 a year on football shirts?
A mix between buying them and getting them as gifts but yeah. (Im fairly easy to buy for I normally get an away jersey as xmas present). But Ill also make sure my son has the 3 kits and soon my youngest will have the same. So its been 6 jerseys a season for us which will soon become 9. :)

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The info on the footyheadlines site says it is a greeny brown colour unless i am colour blind there is no green on that kit.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The info on the footyheadlines site says it is a greeny brown colour unless i am colour blind there is no green on that kit.
Christ, that color sounds even worse.

That would be impressive, to make this sham-wow jersey even more shit.

Just picked up a greeny-brown hairball my cat just vomited up.

Kearnkoff69

No company in the world is going to hand you over £50m+ sponsorship a year and then allow you to dictate design changes to their logo, its mental to think it would even be thought about by a potential sponsor
I see where you're coming from, and no offense intended here, but your black and white view of the matter is just wrong. I see it in real estate deals all the time - developments have design guidelines, and corporations (even big, multinational corporations) will come in and pay boat loads of rent dollars to occupy "prime real estate" (which, although our luster has faded a bit, the front of a Manchester United jersey still is). Sure, there's always a lot of back and forth where the corp. wants to keep its branding consistent across all storefronts, but usually it works out so that the developer/landlord mostly gets its way (like, say, using colored brick instead of hardy board to stay true to the design guidelines of utilizing earthy materials).

You're absolutely correct that Chevy wouldn't immediately acquiesce to our demands if we told them we wanted them to only use black/white lettering instead of the graphic, for example. But that's why every deal involves multiple rounds of negotiations. Look at other clubs and how they deal with their sponsors. The industry standard is, on the whole, that sponsors will slightly adapt their color scheme to fit on a kit better. Fly Emirates, for example, uses gold lettering on their jets, but white on Arsenal's kits. There are copious examples out there. My initial point was merely that we shouldn't just give away advertising space on our kits without imposing any restrictions on how the sponsor logo looks. We still have leverage, because companies still want to sponsor us. I have a feeling, and it's based on nothing except for the feeling that Woody and the Glazers don't really give two craps about our history, that they didn't even think to negotiate the design of the sponsor logo when they signed that deal. My point was: next time, we can and should do better.

pacifictheme

No company in the world is going to hand you over £50m+ sponsorship a year and then allow you to dictate design changes to their logo, its mental to think it would even be thought about by a potential sponsor
They use a white logo on their own fecking race cars.

manutddjw

I’m amazed how some person can sit at there computer and make kits on their own that most people who see it unanimously like it, and we have designers who are probably are paid handsomely come up with garbage that most people hate.

Tiber

Dunno how anyone can look at the monstrosity of a black United badge and instead bitch about Chevy

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There’s typically a refrain in threads like this that it will look better when we see it on the players / see someone rocking it somewhere.

This may be the first kit top where that theory is completely null & void.

ravi2

There’s typically a refrain in threads like this that it will look better when we see it on the players / see someone rocking it somewhere.

This may be the first kit top where that theory is completely null & void.
I genuinely thought nothing could be worse than the 93/94 green and gold kit but next seasons kit looks like a mixture of stale piss and vomit.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I genuinely thought nothing could be worse than the 93/94 green and gold kit but next seasons kit looks like a mixture of stale piss and vomit.
Hopefully we will wear it for one half in a preseason tour match, then Ole will ditch it like the old grey kit SAF ditched.

At least the green & yellow kit had a verifiable connection with our past, it could be explained away with that. But this is just an abortion.

I typically prefer white shorts in most kits, but white shorts will make this look even worse. Black shorts / socks will make it an infinitesimally amount better, but only that much.

OleGunnar20

Looks like the skin of a battered sausage, dreadful.

Has anyone found the green yet? Subtle.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Th beige one is strange alright. Should look ok from a distance to be fair. It's the pattern more than the colour.

Somebody did a mock up of what the new home kit would like minus the Kohler sleeve sponsor and replacing Chevrolet with a normal logo, like our old Sharp one.

Looks fantastic.

That looks class. Plain white Chevy text would do the trick.

Tiber

Somebody did a mock up of what the new home kit would like minus the Kohler sleeve sponsor and replacing Chevrolet with a normal logo, like our old Sharp one.

Looks fantastic.

It's still got the worst part of the kit, the black badge. So I'm not sure how it can be called fantastic

Tiber

Adidas just taking the piss now. Looks like it's been pulled out of a deep fat fryer.

Can we get back to red black and white club colours and a navy blue?
Jesus Christ. I always preferred Nike to Adidas, but at this point I can't fecking wait to switch back.

I would say this is clearly a fake, but it seems exactly like the sort of twattery Adidas would produce

Bizzarely the black badge on this kit looks much nicer than the one on the official home kit

Prodigy24

I tend to be a bit OCD about having all the jerseys each season so not having one would be an issue to me.
I know that feeling. I collect all our kits, and will probably wait til the end of the season to buy the away shirt. Need some proper discounts to buy that thing!

Robertd0803

I know that feeling. I collect all our kits, and will probably wait til the end of the season to buy the away shirt. Need some proper discounts to buy that thing!
Yeah its going to take some self convincing with that one.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Just save yourselves the hassle and get them from DHgate or somewhere similar rather than buying an official strip and getting ripped off.

Castia

Just picked up the new top with Solskjaer 20 on the back :drool:

Best home shirt we’ve had in years it looks great in person. The new lettering on the back looks brilliant too.

stevoc

Tiger print and snakeskin shirts, jesus.

Who the feck is designing these kits Peter Stringfellows Ghost?

Andi Latte

Even my local team, Sturm Graz, is able to get a nice kit with all sponsor logos in white for their anniversary this year. The 110th anniversary of the club's founding that is, don't think thats that much of a deal as our treble season. Although, it's the correct year at least.

https://shop.sksturm.at/trikots/auswaertstrikots.html
(can't post pics, if you scroll down you cna see last seasons away kit, for comparison what the sponsor normally looks like)

stevoc

Even my local team, Sturm Graz, is able to get a nice kit with all sponsor logos in white for their anniversary this year. The 110th anniversary of the club's founding that is, don't think thats that much of a deal as our treble season. Although, it's the correct year at least.

https://shop.sksturm.at/trikots/auswaertstrikots.html
(can't post pics, if you scroll down you cna see last seasons away kit, for comparison what the sponsor normally looks like)
To be fair though i doubt Puntigamer are paying Sturm Graz £55m per year, and thats the thing i feel a lot of people are forgetting here. For that type of money the club aren't going to make demands on Chevy to change the colour/design of their logo to satisfy some fans who don't like it.

Castia

The purple keeper top looks amazing in person, I haven’t had a keeper top since I was a kid but I’m tempted to buy this one.

El Zoido

The purple keeper top looks amazing in person, I haven’t had a keeper top since I was a kid but I’m tempted to buy this one.
It’s just a dupe of the Juventus, Leicester, and Atalanta GK kits. So lazy by Adidas.

Castia

It’s just a dupe of the Juventus, Leicester, and Atalanta GK kits. So lazy by Adidas.

Every company uses a template it’s the same with Nike and their club shirts. Still looks great I don’t care if other teams have a similar top.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I tend to buy our training shirts rather than the official match shirt.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the new season.

Andi Latte

To be fair though i doubt Puntigamer are paying Sturm Graz £55m per year, and thats the thing i feel a lot of people are forgetting here. For that type of money the club aren't going to make demands on Chevy to change the colour/design of their logo to satisfy some fans who don't like it.
Sure, they don't. But Puntigamer is not only the main sponsor, the club's domestic name is SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz (in international competitions this is forbidden, domestically this is pretty common, see Red Bull Salzburg) and the club would have been bankrupt two or three times already in recent history if not for Puntigamers support over the years. So yeah, I guess Sturm owes them pretty much.

What also seems to be forgotten, Chevrolet pays us 55m a year mainly for exposure. Exposure which is a billion times larger than the one a mediocre Austrian club could ever even hope to generate. Utd is the biggest club in the world after all. And I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be diminished significantly if they allowed us to have a monochromatic logo on the kit once in a while.

Goes a bit off topic now anyway, just wanted to show that it in fact would be possible to do what thousands of fans wish for every year since we got Chevy :)

stevoc

Sure, they don't. But Puntigamer is not only the main sponsor, the club's domestic name is SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz (in international competitions this is forbidden, domestically this is pretty common, see Red Bull Salzburg) and the club would have been bankrupt two or three times already in recent history if not for Puntigamers support over the years. So yeah, I guess Sturm owes them pretty much.
So it sounds like this company are much more invested in Sturm than Chevy would in the fortunes of United. Thats perhaps why they didn't mind the colour change in their logo?

What also seems to be forgotten, Chevrolet pays us 55m a year mainly for exposure. Exposure which is a billion times larger than the one a mediocre Austrian club could ever even hope to generate. Utd is the biggest club in the world after all. And I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be diminished significantly if they allowed us to have a monochromatic logo on the kit once in a while.
Perhaps not but that was my point United probably haven't even asked if Chevrolet would mind if the Colour was changed. For the money the club is getting and considering the fact Chevy pulled out of Europe shortly after the deal was signed United probably don't want to rock the boat. So are fine with just leaving the Logo as is.

And its also possible that no one at the club or Adidas cares as much about the look of the Chevy logo.

Goes a bit off topic now anyway, just wanted to show that it in fact would be possible to do what thousands of fans wish for every year since we got Chevy
Anythings possible but it doesn't make it likely. I think theres probably a very good reason the Logo hasn't been altered even during a period when the clubs own badge has went through colour changes on the recent kits.