Manchester United POTY 17/18 | PPotY + SMBPotY: De Gea, MPotY: McTominay | The two Tony's smile

Tom Van Persie

No relation
21:30
Mourihno on McTominay
“It was between him and Matic, because Matic last March 2017 he told me ‘I want to play for you, and I want to play for Manchester United’. Aand he make it happen. He has been very consistent, and very important for the balance of the team. I was going for him, but then I understood in two awards for young players Scott was not getting one, I changed my mind because it wasn’t acceptable.

He is the one who has done everything. He started the season in the academy and ended it playing big games in the Premier League. I thought this kid can not go home without an award.

“I always say that for me there are not young players or old players, it is just about the quality of the personality and this kid has everything that I want so I think that it is good for the younger boys in the academy to look at him as an example of player. We know it is important to have players like Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford that were born in the club, but it is right to have the right profile. Scott gives to other players that the dream is still alive.”
And you had some people on here claiming Mourinho didn't really rate McTominay and only used him to humiliate Pogba...

McTominay has a bright future under Mourinho. It's clear he rates him highly, I can see Scott getting a lot of minutes next season.

Swift Football

I have not followed our youth academy much, but during voting I could not skip U18 POTY voting, so randomly selected one.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Carrick brought his mum along?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can’t stop laughing at that Tony V picture. It’s like he’s just learnt to smile and he can’t stop :lol:

RedDevil@84

Joining MUTV in the studio, Jose expanded on his decision to recognise McTominay with an award. "When I heard there were two awards for young players, I thought 'it is not acceptable - this kid cannot go home without an award’. I always say there are not young players or old players - it’s just about quality. This kid has everything I want, so I think it is good for the younger boys in the Academy to look at him as an example."

So did he create an award , just now?

rio's upper lip

I remember Mourinho saying something along the lines of "there's something wrong" when your goalkeeper won POTY. Let's see if he sticks to his guns on this one.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Joining MUTV in the studio, Jose expanded on his decision to recognise McTominay with an award. "When I heard there were two awards for young players, I thought 'it is not acceptable - this kid cannot go home without an award’. I always say there are not young players or old players - it’s just about quality. This kid has everything I want, so I think it is good for the younger boys in the Academy to look at him as an example."

So did he create an award , just now?
No he said he was going to give it to Matic originally and changed his mind.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I remember Mourinho saying something along the lines of "there's something wrong" when your goalkeeper won POTY. Let's see if he sticks to his guns on this one.
This season will be seen as a disappointment from Mourinho anyways. Any season he doesn't win the title will be seen as a disappointment.

ti vu

So that's his wife? She looks considerably older than him.
If you're genuinely interested then Google instead asking questions here. Sound more like shaming than innocently questioning

Shady

McTominay will struggle to get a better career than Cleverley.

Kaos

So that's his wife? She looks considerably older than him.
We often forget the guy’s nearing his 40s, so his wife is going to look noticeably older than the younger lads and their 20 something trophy WAGs.

I still would though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If you're genuinely interested then Google instead asking questions here. Sound more like shaming than innocently questioning
How is it shaming when I was asking a question? What's wrong with me asking questions in a thread the photo was posted in?

ti vu

Someone should tell Mike that his wife needs a bra.
The magazines editors won't be happy.

Edit: as well as readers who read for plot

How is it shaming when I was asking a question? What's wrong with me asking questions in a thread the photo was posted in?
What's your question again?

You asked whether Carrick brought his mom? How many times people brought their mom with them to these events, instead of their partners? If you're not sure about his mom then you can Google to check before asking. Easy.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
doesn't look like carricks wife