Manchester United ready to back José Mourinho with £100m-plus in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
In 2019, I think you can get a good CB for £100m.

Solves one position of, what, 8?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Back him with 500 mil GBP - it will either make us champions of CL or idiots , but lets see , I am in for the try
Basically a 2018/19 version of his first Chelsea team, except that the 20-25m back then is now 80-100m

Chairman Steve

The cynic in me says we won’t spent shit, because the board still won’t spend as they decided to sack Jose anyway but much to the annoyance of the fans, we’re gonna wait to do it until it’s cheaper for us to do so when the season is officially deemed a total failure

I adopt this mentality of low expectations so that in the unlikely event we spend money I’m pleasantly surprised

BlahRules

All we keep hearing is Jose does not have the quality of players but let’s be honest that is not the case. The truth is that he can’t coach any player.

I have not seen a player to improve from him and no Luke Shaw did not improve he has been playing the same level only difference is Jose has stopped blaming him.

Stacks

All we keep hearing is Jose does not have the quality of players but let’s be honest that is not the case. The truth is that he can’t coach any player.

I have not seen a player to improve from him and no Luke Shaw did not improve he has been playing the same level only difference is Jose has stopped blaming him.
He banged on about Sevilla players. I bet he thinks everyone including Napoli has better. Then he buys the players from teams like them, they turn to shit and he then complains about his lack of quality. Rinse repeat

BlahRules

He banged on about Sevilla players. I bet he thinks everyone including Napoli has better. Then he buys the players from teams like them, they turn to shit and he then complains about his lack of quality. Rinse repeat
The worst part is we have these media puppets believing this shit.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Firstly l want to stipulate that I'm now abroad the Mourinho must go train but l think all of Jose's signings have been good (Bailly, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Lindelof, Lukaku, Matic, Alexis Sanchez, Dalot & Fred) he may
have fallen out with some of them and doesn't know to get the best out of the others, is on Mourinho. Our team is underperforming a more progressive manager would get more out this team.
Whether you like the signings of not the issues is you give money to one manager who signs players he likes (or only likes for a few weeks in Mourinhos case) and they come in falter which they will inevitably do under the current regime, not only will the next manager want to make his own signings, he will also have to rebuild the confidence of the players who for lack of another word had been 'ruined' by Mourinho.

Not only that but we may end up doing something as daft as we did last January like handing out the biggest contract in premier league history to a left winger coming up to 30 who game relies on pace and energy, who plays in a position we are probably most stocked in, who had a reputation for been disruptive at his last club and would be completely unsellable

Personally I don't think Mourinho should be given another penny and we shoudln't sign anyone till we have a proper management structure in place with a long term plan of how they want us to play and who would fit into that system.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If it's for real top quality that can genuinely be the base of a proper team then I still want to spend if Jose is here. Koulibaly for example, would be perfect in anyone's team.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If true should read "Manchester United ready to allow Jose Mourinho to waste £100m plus in January"

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Any new signing will actually be worrying, as no board would sanction a manager they're thinking of sacking to lash loads away.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How do we handle this? There is no justification for buying players for a manager that will be sacked, considering there is no Sporting director to plan ahead. If we sign someone, it will be because Mourinho wants the player here.
What a shitshow.

fergieisold

How do we handle this? There is no justification for buying players for a manager that will be sacked, considering there is no Sporting director to plan ahead. If we sign someone, it will be because Mourinho wants the player here.
What a shitshow.
This is where we need some sort of footballing director. Even if Jose were to be sacked identify the player and if he's good enough then buy him anyway to continue under a new manager.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is where we need some sort of footballing director. Even if Jose were to be sacked identify the player and if he's good enough then buy him anyway to continue under a new manager.
That would be the situation at a normal club. Squad planning goes ahead regardless of the managerial situation. Our club is paralysed once the manager is in doubt.

AndyJ1985

Imagine instead of sacking a failing manager we actually give him more money to spend. That really would sum up how badly run we are

peridigm

Imagine instead of sacking a failing manager we actually give him more money to spend. That really would sum up how badly run we are
Posted this thought in another thread but there is no way we're signing any player in January with Jose at the helm. He's left Fred (50m) to die and Pogba (90m) sat on the bench in one of the most important annual matches we play. I would not be surprised if we sold a player or two.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We need a player the club agree's on, not just 1 of Mourinho's puppets.

Koulibaly will be well worth the money, but can't see it happening in January.

A winger like Pepe would be nice.

Patrick220571

What a position to be in.

Any player arriving in January is going to be either a Mourinho pick, and he's a dead man walking, or a Woodward pick, and he's fecking useless.

Where is this director of football we were looking to appoint four months ago?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If mourinho thinks everything can be solved with new defenders, he is naive.

We have no attacking nous. We cannot play out from the back.

He just has to go.

ash_86

Easy. Don't sanction any name that's not Koulibaly or Skinaar.

Devil may care

Bar Alderweireld who is just looking for one last big payday, I can't see any top player wanting to come here until Mourinho is gone and they see where we are headed as right now we are a shambles.

Alabaster Codify7

If we got a DOF, the Glazers would have to pay:

1) Woodward
2) a DOF
3) a manager

Also, the DOF would probably want reassurances that the squad would be carefully tweaked each summer = more outgoings.

We are never getting one. Woodward is our DOF.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If we got a DOF, the Glazers would have to pay:

1) Woodward
2) a DOF
3) a manager

Also, the DOF would probably want reassurances that the squad would be carefully tweaked each summer = more outgoings.

We are never getting one. Woodward is our DOF.
Doesn't make sense when you look at how much money the club chucks at players and staff every year.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mark Ogden on a podcast earlier with Phil Brown stated that we're looking to sign a CB and a attacker in January.

The DoF is already at work maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.