Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

They officially revealed the third kit today. Would have thought they’d have introduced him with it on as a clever double whammy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Rumour that United have asked him to hold off a year so he’s free & have offered him a contract reflecting as such. Jones is seen as an extra bonus to cover for Maguire - Captain Sweden :mad:

jackal&hyde

Rumour that United have asked him to hold off a year so he’s free & have offered him a contract reflecting as such. Jones is seen as an extra bonus to cover for Maguire - Captain Sweden :mad:
In a COVID World if we could hold off the Varane deal and make use of the assets we do have like Jones, it would be smart from the club. With Tuanzebe on loan, Dalot is functional on the right and AWB in the center.

Banana Republic

A) ......
B) Pandemic. Raphael Varane had to quarantine away from people for a few days before he was allowed to interact with anyone
C) ......

Leo Messi did not have to consider A or B and thus could go quickly.
The Covid entry requirements for France are different to the UK.
It's not an EU thing at all though, as each EU country is applying different conditions.
Spain is on France's "Orange" list, but if you have been fully vaccinated, meet the other requirements and have certified proof, there are no restrictions to entry, no tests needed and no quarantine is required.

Banana Republic

Who knows what these final contract terms involve?
It might not be Utd's fault.
Is it the ancillary terms to the transfer deal. i.e. RM playing silly buggers?
or, is it the personal contract and Varane's agent is playing silly buggers at the last minute?
United could be entirely blameless?
We don't know and we'll probably never be told.

binary bot
Rumour doing the rounds that he's become a big fan of eggheads since moving here and he's being announced on there at half 1

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Who knows what these final contract terms involve?
It might not be Utd's fault.
Is it the ancillary terms to the transfer deal. i.e. RM playing silly buggers?
or, is it the personal contract and Varane's agent is playing silly buggers at the last minute?
United could be entirely blameless?
We don't know and we'll probably never be told.
i heard he’s had an ego trip and is demanding that all players bring him a homemade croissant at the start of every training session. he’ll judge the best one and then critique the others very harshly. rumours are scott mctominay has left the training ground in tears on more than one occasion since varane has been in the country.

ole is worried about his cultural fit, so is holding off signing on the bottom line.

laughtersassassin

As long as he is training it doesn't matter if he is announced.

If he is not training then the frustration is somewhat justified

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
What the hell is going wrong with this club? This takes so long, it is crazy. And we are still talking about some contract details, what have we been doing in the past 8 weeks?

Chairman Steve

There is part of me that thinks they’re trying to identify the best time to announce it for maximum exposure on social media since they’re a global fanbase club and they don’t want to miss out on tens of thousands of interactions because India and South Asia was sleeping at the time.

Therefore it leads to a weird announcement time for anyone in GMT.

Infra-red

Surely the timing of the announcement (utterly meaningless) is of secondary importance to the fact we have actually signed him (confirmed days ago).

Why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist. It's done.

izec

There is part of me that thinks they’re trying to identify the best time to announce it for maximum exposure on social media since they’re a global fanbase club and they don’t want to miss out on tens of thousands of interactions because India and South Asia was sleeping at the time.

Therefore it leads to a weird announcement time for anyone in GMT.
They are waiting for the Messi news to settle down. I think tomorrow is a good time for an announcement

Barthez

Been delayed until Monday apparently because we’ve missed the registration deadline for Saturday and they want to use the extra time to sort the contract details out. herefishyfishy
absolutely ridiculous if true!

laughtersassassin

Surely the timing of the announcement (utterly meaningless) is of secondary importance to the fact we have actually signed him (confirmed days ago).

Why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist. It's done.
It depends. If he is registered and training you are correct.

If he currently can't train and is not registered then it is fairly poor.

alexthelion

What's with all the whinging? Lukaku apparently also has to isolate and won't finalise his deal until next week.

Rolaholic

We tend to announce these things on Fridays so wouldn't surprise me if they did the same tomorrow.

I'm sure everything's already been wrapped up

darioterios

It depends. If he is registered and training you are correct.

If he currently can't train and is not registered then it is fairly poor.

Apologies but does this guy have inside information or anything? If not then it looks like a nothing tweet.

laughtersassassin

Apologies but does this guy have inside information or anything? If not then it looks like a nothing tweet.
I don't know. Just using the point that the people going mad are in the wrong but so are the people saying it's fine.

The truth is we don't know.

As I said if he is training and registered for Leeds it doesn't matter. If he hasn't been training then it does.

Not much more to it than that.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

So no contract issues then? We're just delaying the announcement for no reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.