Manchester United v Bolton

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
why did we drop off in the 2nd half... its pathetic....
We didn't though, maybe for the last ten minutes or so when they frantically attacked, but we actually did well controlling the tempo. They scored a good goal.

I'm more concerned about the lack of pace we had, and could not take advantage even as they poured men forward and left their back line exposed.

Keano1999

We didn't though, maybe for the last ten minutes or so when they frantically attacked, but we actually did well controlling the tempo. They scored a good goal.

I'm more concerned about the lack of pace we had, and could not take advantage even as they poured men forward and left their back line exposed.

I've gotta disagree. Bolton completely dominated us for that 10 minute stretch and we could not get a hold of the ball long enough to release the pressure. Bolton should not be able to do that.

Amir

Don't think that was a factor. If we managed to get a hold of the ball during that time, we could easily have started a counter attack and score a third. But the ball never seemed to fall for the right player so it never happened.

johnmufc

Second half performance was poor. They were getting in far too many crosses, but thankfully we just about managed to hold on.

SirAF

Ageist
Last 15 minutes was poor, quite happy with the rest. Bolton is a horrible shite team with those long balls and dead balls, really happy with the three points !

Drifter

American
Get your tables out lads.

1 Man Utd - 22
2 Chelsea - 21
3 Tottenham - 19
4 Arsenal - 18
5 Man City - 16
6 Aston Villa - 16
7 Sunderland - 16
8 Liverpool - 15
Spurs looking good.Not to far off coming up to the Christmas period

Number7

Ret's Slave
We're always going to compromise attacking when the risk of throwing a 2 goal lead is there.

No need to do anything stupid.

UNited, top of the League! :D . Don't care how the wins come, I thought pwe played brilliantly 1st half ... and perhaps even bette...Liverpool and Chelsea don't look too clever. Us and Arse ffighting for the title?

Tareq

Livvie's Favourite Jordanian.
if we look at the last few goals which we have conceded starting the Wolfsburg game: 3 of the 4 conceded were headed goals and conceded in the 2nd half.

Sc40les

great to see Garry as our captain.. and he played well..

Glory Glory Man Utd, we're at the top, where we belong.. ;)

Drifter

American
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will read the riot act to his defenders after another sloppy goal conceded in victory over Bolton Wanderers.

Ferguson admits he's losing patience with the manner of the goals they're conceding this season.

"I think in past years we've had runs of games without losing goals, which have been important in terms of winning the championship," he said. "We have to get back to that.

"Today's was a slack goal to lose; a soft header from the back post. We shouldn't be losing goals like that, but Bolton are a handful and you have to give them credit.

"I can't analyse the goal today in the same context as the Manchester City game, which were complete errors, or the second goal against Sunderland. These are bad errors."

My thoughts exactly.